It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO 'battle' over Nuremberg, Germany in 1561

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey

it's hard to believe that nobody was able to acquire or salvage some of the UFOs that 'crashed'.

I don't think the UFOs "crashed" that's not what what was said.

What they said was the UFOs "Caught fire" (started to glow) and the UFOs "fell to Earth" ( flew down low ) and that they "turned to Steam" ( disappeared).

Dae

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
A UFO dogfight inside Earth's atmosphere? What desperate collection of circumstances could cause a thing like that?

I thought of that too, could have been anything from warring families to full out war on who controls the panet! Or even just a training exercise and they all got the wrong location. Many reasons I reckon, some which we will have no idea on.

A UFO dogfight with no wreckage left over? I know the woodcut appears to show one crashed flying cross or whatever, but if there was wreckage it must have been found, in which case the whole episode would have been much more widely known.

Aye, wreckage would have been lovely, in fact think about it, if there was wreckage, ie. proof, then Im sure we will have known we are not alone for the last 500 odd years. So, Im thinking damage control.

Have there ever been any reports of people being abducted by aliens and never returning, ever?

Would that be missing people who havnt been found?
Plenty of them about, unfortunately.

[edit on 4/7/06 by Dae]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I did some more reading on this on that UFO Evidence website and someone mentioned that there had not been a month without an eclipse of the sun. Some priest or religious figure in charge, in that area, had said that.

So could someone with one of those space astronomy programs check to see what were the constellations and what not for that time period?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Interesting sorry for my lack of understading in astronomy but how often do eclipses occur ussually?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I don't know off the top of my head exactly how often but I think it's every few years. For it to happen monthly though is odd.

Would be nice to have some more writings by people who had seen it. I've checked around however and didn't find anything else.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
LazarusTheLong

is it anywhere other than a woodcut?
were there any other witnesses?

Apearently it was witnessed by the whole town and it was detailed in Nuremberg's Gazette at the time. The woodcut was made five years later in 1566.

But it is the only evidence we have, and it was made 5 years after the event. Thats not very credibel...

And it has VERY religious undertones which doesnt help either. Personally, I believe it was some meteor or something.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
wreckage? Perhape there was. At that time they were deeply religious, if a 'supreme being' happened to crash, a new life observed, I am more than sure religion would either rise if they saw a threat, or fall rapidly at the sight of such a supreme being. It wouldn't surprise me if the Church actually gained the wreckage(s).

Just a thought though.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
@Dae

I think you are right maybe it was a battle to control the planet.
Or perhaps it was one side was protecting us from a hostile invader?
In that case I wonder how many aliens have sacrificed themselves for us?
Seems very noble.

What kind of aliens have the cylindrical ships? Are they the grasshopper type ones?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I kind of wonder how many aliens have sacrificed for us too. I mean..if tons of races of aliens exist..there are likely more hostile ones than friendly ones..in my opinion at least. If that theory is true..then that means there are some races protecting our planet.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Why would an alien race save us?

If you think of them being the scientist, obsering us the 'rat', would you sacrifice yourself for a sub-race? If the rat died it would be no real heartache. It would make no sense in my eyes to fight and die for another race.. unless they see us as an endagered species.

Dae

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr X
I think you are right maybe it was a battle to control the planet.
Or perhaps it was one side was protecting us from a hostile invader?

It is weird because some of the ufo descriptions we are familiar with but the huge black spear shaped thing? And the red crosses? Ive not heard of those before (not that Ive done huge amounts of ufo research).

And again, someone reckoned it was a meteor shower 'or something', I say these people knew what meteor showers look like including eclipses of the moon and sun.

Their description of the event(s) were pretty spot on, its their understanding of the events that put people off, the God element and the "watch it we have been sinning again!"

And the wreckage thing, maybe some was collected and kept by the church? Maaaaybe it what the pope has locked in his little box, evidence of ET!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
Why would an alien race save us?

Maybe they would if they were the ones that created you in the first place.

Dae

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Maybe they would if they were the ones that created you in the first place.

Like the equivalent to animal rights activists going ape at a lab and getting smacked down by security, probably propaganda to increase tighter controls for 'Earthland Security'

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

Apearently it was witnessed by the whole town and it was detailed in Nuremberg's Gazette at the time. The woodcut was made five years later in 1566. = lost_shaman

But it is the only evidence we have, and it was made 5 years after the event. Thats not very credibel...

Yes the wood cut was made five years later , but as I said it was detailed at the time in the Town's Gazette.

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

And it has VERY religious undertones which doesnt help either. Personally, I believe it was some meteor or something.

You have to remember that back in 1561 , the Church was the Authority.

Also Meteors streak across the sky in a matter of seconds not hours.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Black crafts make sense to me. The best camo for space, I would think, would be black.

But he's right though. Even though it was in the Gazette, there is still no writings by anyone else on this. It could've been some stuff made up by the church. If there are any other writings, I haven't found them. Maybe someone else will be able to.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey

But he's right though. Even though it was in the Gazette, there is still no writings by anyone else on this. It could've been some stuff made up by the church. If there are any other writings, I haven't found them. Maybe someone else will be able to.

Another fact to keep in mind is that this was in 1561!

Very few people were even literate back then.

In Reality back then for an event like this to have actually made it into print is what makes this Noteworthy.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Eh, your right. But like any investigation, it's good to have two sources for confirmation. You are right about the literate part, I'll take my hat off on that one. But still, there just must be some sort of document on it.

Something which could prove this event would be writings about the eclipses. The priest mentioned that there were frequent eclipses of the sun. This is obviously a very unnatural event. If we can find something which mentions this during that time period, then that would act as a bit of valid proof.

I checked a calender for the solar eclipses and funny enough there was a solar eclipse.

1561 Aug 11 00m27s

The event occured in April though. Sooo, I don't think this really has any relavence to what happened.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
[edit on 10-7-2006 by iCEdTenG]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
well actually i do have lot of a question to find some answer
and really in need your help here

1.Nazi ufo seem like aircraft is most advant and ahead of it own time.
but some how the nazi soldier didnt used it againt the allies but changed it
to be an escaped POD fly somewhere in southern hemisphered

this escaped operation seem unreasonable.
2.Nazi ufo have more advant fire power such like BLACK LASER which could fry
most allies aircraft and allies BIG CITY but somehow the the bigbuck horses
become lamed jack

3.Is there any chanced that Nazi ufo have been used to war with hostiled alien
.whichs is unknown to us until now,just after 50s years

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I really doubt Germany built any succesful UFOs. If so, we probably would've lost the war or something like that.

And space based weapons > Allies weapons at the time. We would've been owned if they really had such things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join