It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO 'battle' over Nuremberg, Germany in 1561

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
At sunrise on the 14th April 1561, the citizens of Nuremberg beheld "A very frightful spectacle." The sky appeared to fill with cylindrical objects from which red, black, orange and blue white disks and globes emerged. Crosses and tubes resembling cannon barrels also appeared whereupon the objects promptly "began to fight one another." This event is depicted in a famous 16th century woodcut by Hans Glaser.

Anyone heard of this before? If you Goto this link, you can see a woodcarving of the even... and the structure of what happend. This is the first time i have heard of UFO's fighting UFO's.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by iCEdTenG]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Thats interesting. Did anyone else at the event record it?

Ahhh, I looked a bit into this and supposedly something like this happened in 1566 at Bazel, Switzerland. I'll post the link I found which talks about it in a bit more detail.

www.subversiveelement.com...

[edit on 3-7-2006 by CidCaldensfey]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
maybe the 'signs' in the skies
had a lot to do with religious & spiritual forces of the times

*Nostradamus was popular, & was in his last years
*the Protestant Reformation was big time, especially MartinLuther
**i suspect that the Vatican & Papal States structures of power, had some degree
of culpability in these reports of aerial (heavenly) activity...
for the porpose of getting the 'lost sheep' back into 'the fold' ??

1500's ?? dis-info ? is my guess...
as the Church was the super-power of that time

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
maybe the 'signs' in the skies
had a lot to do with religious & spiritual forces of the times

I highly doubt that.

Notice that Cycliders and multi-colored disks are classic UFO descriptions.

I also doubt that the UFOs were fighting, but more likely just doing the strange things UFOs are reported to do and this strangeness was interpreted by local people as fighting.

Dae

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
I also doubt that the UFOs were fighting, but more likely just doing the strange things UFOs are reported to do and this strangeness was interpreted by local people as fighting.

*sticks up for our ancestors*

I dunno you know, Im sure they would know the difference between peaceful formations (human dancing or flocks of sparrows) and battle scenes. There was even a perceived victor!

The battle was such that a winner was perceived as well. Spheroid UFOs were seen emerging from cylindrical 'motherships'. At the conclusion of the battle, it seems a magnificent, black, spear-like super-ship of some kind came upon the scene...

These people back then were not 'dumb'. They were also far more familiar with the heavens than your average city dweller today (including me!). I say give them more credit.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Dae,

You see I'm not suggesting people are stupid , what I'm suggesting is that UFOs are very strange and these people had likely no knowledge of them at the time like we do today.

Even today in modern Society , UFO sightings bewilder the people who see them.

Notice that it was said that after about an hour of "Battle" , the witnesses said that some of the objects seemed to "catch fire" and "fall to earth" and turn to "steam".

That's no different that reading a Modern Day UFO report in which the UFO begins to glow flies down close to the ground and then disappears from view, you can read hundreds of reports just like that.

The villagers thought the Cylinders looked like "Cannons" and out of them came these spheres, so its no wonder that at that time people must have thought it was a "Battle" and then when some UFOs began to glow they must have thought they had caught "Fire" and when the flew down low close to the ground they would have thought they had been damaged in the "fight".

It's all very simple , you see back then people used a different type of collective verbal imagery than we would use today.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It really depends on a simple fact...

is it anywhere other than a woodcut?
were there any other witnesses?
any other events of a similar nature by anyone else in that time period...

If not, then you have one lone woodcutting nut, taking his first ergot trip...

those shapes, are not only known for UFO shapes, but also for common optical shapes seen during hallucinations from toxins... (as well as the colors mentioned.)

if others saw this event, then please post a reference.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

those shapes, are not only known for UFO shapes, but also for common optical shapes seen during hallucinations from toxins... (as well as the colors mentioned.)

if others saw this event, then please post a reference.

Is there any evidence he took hallucinogenic drugs?

[edit on 3-7-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
LazarusTheLong

is it anywhere other than a woodcut?
were there any other witnesses?

Apearently it was witnessed by the whole town and it was detailed in Nuremberg's Gazette at the time. The woodcut was made five years later in 1566.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Call me crazy or close minded if you feel the desire, but my thoughts about aliens have always been the same.

Why would a race that would have to travel millions of light years to reach us, simply observe for hundreds or as long as thousands of years, instead of taking over? They obviously want something from us if in fact they have visited on numerous occasions. What is their hold up?

I'm not saying the people didn't see something all those years ago in Germany, but I just question the motives for aliens to continually visit, kidnap a few people, release them and then leave. If they have the technology to wipe us out, why wouldn't they just do it? Or just take what they wanted from the earth?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I'm not saying the people didn't see something all those years ago in Germany, but I just question the motives for aliens to continually visit, kidnap a few people, release them and then leave. If they have the technology to wipe us out, why wouldn't they just do it? Or just take what they wanted from the earth?

You just answered your question my friend.
They do take what they want, us.
I think that is a possibility, we are observed.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Kind of like watching ants in an ant farm. But after awhile, that gets boring too, just watching. maybe that is why there are so many years inbetween sightings?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I've heard of a battle in the skies like this that was supposed to have happened in the middle ages. Was this the one where after the battle people reported seeing blue owls?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I don't know about the alien scientist but i know that some human scientist never get bored with the "simpler" lifeforms that they are studying. They observe and study their subjects non stop whenever possible be they ants, viruses, leeches, worms, flys, wild animals, plants, etc. etc. They abduct and aquire measurements, samples and sometimes tinkle with their genetics. Their subjects are quite powerless, humans take what we want from them.

I can see the human scientist doing the same to other primitive life on other planets in the future. So can i see alien scientist who may have a great interest in studying mankind right now and to do so over many many years.(behavior science?)

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
A UFO dogfight inside Earth's atmosphere? What desperate collection of circumstances could cause a thing like that?

A UFO dogfight with no wreckage left over? I know the woodcut appears to show one crashed flying cross or whatever, but if there was wreckage it must have been found, in which case the whole episode would have been much more widely known.

Still, it's interesting to speculate what it might have been...

Now, on this:

You just answered your question my friend.
They do take what they want, us.

Have there ever been any reports of people being abducted by aliens and never returning, ever?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Also, it appears another event like this took place as well in 1566.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The craft detailed in this incident--large cylinders, small disks and globes--are consistent with modern UFO reports, making this report interesting. Paired with theories that the timeline of western history may have been manipulated in the middle ages, other pre-Renaissance images of UFO's and theories that aliens played a role in the formation of human religion and maybe our race, this report may represent a time in history when aliens receded from active and overt interaction with human society into the shadows.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
If you look at the two wood carvings... The one in Germany and the one in Switzerland... they are very similar.... globes in the sky with the sun in the middle.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I agree.

I think both of these are documented Historical examples of UFO events that , upon close examination , are consistent with Modern UFO reports.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Even though I really do think of this to be odd, it's hard to believe that nobody was able to acquire or salvage some of the UFOs that 'crashed'. Because of this, it's kind of difficult to believe any of this did happen, however it's hard to deny that it did indeed happen.

I don't know really what to say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join