It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Icke's being blackmailed?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
If this thread breaks any T and C, please let me know how.

Apparently Icke's former work associate called Royal Adams, who has the rights on all his books is withholding the income he received until he signs over all future rights to him, also demanding $100,000 for David to regain control over his books.

Now Icke is appealing for money.

I do find that bit funny as his books cost a fair few quid.

So is this a ploy just to extract more money from us, or is he against the wall with this one, and is genuinely trying to gain control.

Ok, link to page.
www.davidicke.com...

Also the site says this.

You may have seen on the website recently how someone is dedicated to destroying David Icke, his family and his work, and taking his books out of circulation. Firstly, this is the mentality we are dealing with. This is an email from the man as it was sent:

The email that was sent can be seen on that link.

Also this part of the email sent i find odd.

i will destroy your business,like you did mine.

How did Icke destroy his business?

[edit on 3-7-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Who wants to take bets on how fast this is deleted?

To contribute: I think Icke is a crackpot. The way he writes is books is meant to decieve and fool most people into believing his crazy theories, even the most bat# insane. So whatever happens to this man, he deserves it. We should all ask ourselves each day, "What can I do to # up David Icke's life today?" WCIDTFUDILT?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Who wants to take bets on how fast this is deleted?

I dont get it why this would be deleted, of course everyone is welcome to their own opinions, and im not trying to discuss his theories, only the statement as posted.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
No, it was just a joke. This exact same news story has been deleted twice by the mods for unknown reasons in the past day or so. Come to think of it, I've never seen any topics on David Icke since I've been a member. Weird, eh?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Well there are BIG credibility issues with his guy, one being he said he would discuss things on ATS and then backed down, the only stuff i find worthy of reading is the history of the Illuminati and how the political systems work as well as the banks etc, i do believe the few control the masses.

At first he comes across as a very good speaker, but when you have looked around a bit you realise this guy is rehashing research taken from other people, ie jorden maxwell.

So is this just bad luck on Ickes part, or a concocted plan to extract even more money from his fans.?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Well there are BIG credibility issues with his guy

Same proplem with Billy Meier but i have never seen MODS pull those threads. Its called freedom of speech and even if i disagree with David Icke or even think he is full of BS ITS NOT MY RIGHT TO CENSOR THAT OR ATS'S !.

Let people make up there own minds because id hate to think a forum thats motto is "Deny Igorance" censors there content to there liking

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Could it be that the language in which the previous OP was couched led to the trashing of the thread?

Julianvstheworld's use of foul language in the second post isn't helping matters.

also...

helium3, if you have a problem with the manner in which this board is managed, try using the complaints button at the top of your screen instead of criticizing ATS within a post. Your remark just may get this thread deleted as well.

Staying on topic just might be the right thing to do.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
@masqua,

If the MOD in the first place gave a vaild reason for the deletion of the threads in the first place i guess this thread would not be here ?

But by all means if i have broken any ATS rules punish me, if not stop with the threats

please check your U2U's

[edit on 3-7-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
helium3,

I assure you the mods don't threaten people.

masqua just told you the truth, OT posts can derail a thread and get it canned. Foul language or inappropriate material can also get it canned. If you really think the mods are covert "censors", I'm sorry but you're wrong, I've seen real censorship on horrible forums. Here, if it's canned then it violated something in the T&C that we all agree to uphold. Period.

On topic.

I think he's just looking for some cash imho.

X

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I think he's just looking for some cash imho

Then why this way?
He could of done various appearance's like he already has, ok, so if he cant write another book, he could do other things no?

The whole story just seems weird.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
That's a fair question Denied(cool name btw),

You familiar with the drama around icke a few months back?

He was starting a subscription fee based email newsletter, that basically tanked.

He then tore down his website and said that not enough people cared to even join his pay per view newsletter, so he was throwing in the towel.

Then about 5 days later the site was back up and he acts like all is well.

About 3 weeks after that, his free newsletter had the first "threat letter" in there.

If you can't get your dough one way, and you're resourceful, you try something else I reckon.

For what it's worth, I like some of his info, but fear his ego and possibly lust for cash rules him more than the "noble search for truth". JMHO

X

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Maybe they don't wan't the boards being used for a sounding-board for any kind of support system for Davids appeal.
Would like to add as well that at no point did David agree to be 'making an appearance at ATS', as he has pointed out at his website, 'He don't communicate that way'.

he has a family to support like the rest of us, he needs to make a living like the rest of us,whatever his agenda.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by Order Out Of Chaos]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys
You familiar with the drama around icke a few months back?

He was starting a subscription fee based email newsletter, that basically tanked.

He then tore down his website and said that not enough people cared to even join his pay per view newsletter, so he was throwing in the towel.

Then about 5 days later the site was back up and he acts like all is well.

About 3 weeks after that, his free newsletter had the first "threat letter" in there.

I have wondered if he's bipolar (manic-depressive). When I look at the "Is David Icke a Satanist" message that he found so threatening, it's basically something fluffy like we see in the wilder posts in "Skunk Works" here. I can see rolling your eyes over it or wanting to swat the goober for such stupidity, but as a threat to one's reputation and credibility it's pretty lame.

If Adams was fronting the money to publish the books (which seems likely) and paying Icke a royalty (pretty standard in the publishing industry), then yes the publishing industry DOES withhold royalties until after the book has paid for expenses. So if you sign a contract for a novel, they give you about $5k for advances and a royalty of 3%-5% per book (so, 50 cents on a $10 book). You don't see any further money until the sales of the book (the royalties) pay off that inital advance (at 50 cents per book, you have to sell 50,000 copies before you see any money on that one book.)

It's not uncommon for a book publisher to hold the copyrights (you can sign them away if you don't read the contract and if you're stupid about them.)

So I'd bet that the publisher holds the copyrights and that the books haven't yet paid for themselves. And that Icke is paranoid and a poor businessman.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hi Bryd.

And the email?
Do you reckon that was made up along with a partial truth to this statement, i find that statement in itself amusing as i think thats Icke all over, partial truth with bs coated on top.

Anyway your post makes sense, but on Ickes site the rest of the stuff he says doesnt seem right.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Totally agree, either bipolar or just a megalomaniac that views "all for me" type reasoning. Same wavelength there.

Right. I can't see how he'd sweat the comments either. I mean this guy speaks volumes about lizard folk, he's tarnished in many circles because he called himself a "son of god", and yet finds time to worry about a satanist accusation, above all else.....
Ya' know what I mean?

Tack on the whole melodrama surrounding his last month or two(as stated in my above post) and it becomes almost comical. I know he was going for "sinister" or "conspiratorial" but he fell short imho.

So when we look deeper, are we seeing him ploy for his "following" to give up $100k, or are we seeing this guy just making a power-play for royalties? Or trying to create a controversy simply to generate interest in him and his theories?

Notice that he's supposedly worried over all this and I believe he states he's worried for his safety etc etc, yet he's out on tour at the moment. Just doesn't feel authentic to me.

He certainly doesn't seem to be the most stable fellow, so it's a toss up for me.

Glad other's are looking at it in such a manner.

X

P.S. this is pure thought, but I wouldn't put it past him to fake the email and etc etc , after that fiasco about his fee based service, taking down his site, even the way he handled the ats forum here(or lack of handling heh), man I could ramble on and on about the "fishy" smell comin off that guy right now

[edit on 3-7-2006 by Xatnys]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hi Xatnys,

he's tarnished in many circles because he called himself a "son of god",

Just to clarify, he said we all are sons of god, that was taken out of context on "The Wogan Show".

I think you might be right on the email hoax, as well as creating hype and publicity, like what im writing right now! lol.

Is it legal to demand $100,000 from someones books you own the right on?

Either way definitely something fishy, or maybe just a red herring?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey Denied,

Yep I understand that, but he still grabs flack for it(even if somewhat unjustified), which was all I was implying.

Like I said, I think he has a unique view of history(if not a tad strange).

I wish the man no ill will honestly, I just don't trust his recent actions/claims about this.

X

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Like I said, I think he has a unique view of history(if not a tad strange).

Well, ive said before, i dont buy the whole reptilian stuff, but the research he has done is not new, and can be retraced, and is partially true.

He has basically made a living out of it.

I noticed his son's band is advertised on his web page lol.....

Like most theories on NWO etc, i think the truth is out there, just fused with a lot of rubbish, purposely.

He could have a undiagnosed mental disorder, just looking at his picture makes you think that lol.

Naaa im being mean

[edit on 3-7-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
LOL!!!

That was hilarious man! I cringed for a moment

I agree there's a lot of neat things that he strings together. If nothing else it's neat to read every now and then.

X

Oh and about him demanding 100k, I think if he felt he had no legal recourse to do so, it would give him a motive for what I'm alleging here.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by Xatnys]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The guy is just trying to get the message out, and to as many as possable, as many other people are doing..he just takes things a little further..

I believe that he believes everything he is saying I doubt I need to comment on the ridacule and torment this man has had to go through. but this is his research and this is where it has taken him (he is a reporter by the way..basically a reporter gone public about the nonsence we are fed. He had a very good carea.
Also to note he puts his whole family on the line and everybody he knows, would you?
Its shown there are people who seriously have a problem with him and this is only one group known that was caught on camera. if you have not seen this video then ill rake it out for you just u2u me or search for it.

If I met them I would probably want to tut loudly and wiggle my finger in nonviolent manner in there general area away from one of the 4 million cameras in london.

If you believe everything someone says your either an idiot or at least very gullable, and I am not just asuming what he says is false either as I cannot prove differantly.
I will say he does have some very good information and it is an eye opener for all the sheepie(people starting to deny ignorance) out there, our future ATS's even if thats all it does.
I myself didnt have a CLUE about what has been going on and always tried to avoid politics as a kid...weird eh?

I myself never had a clue about most of the subjects discussed here on ats, and was online a long time before I came across ATS and at least started to see actual evidence and important world topics discussed. I apologise for my ignorance deeply *bows*

Finding a link after watching a David icke movie may have even been the reason for me coming across this website.

I had £5 in a paypal account that Ill never even use, I figure its money well spent, whats the logo of this website?

[edit on 3-7-2006 by crittz]

[edit on 3-7-2006 by crittz]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join