It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aurora Spyplane

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I sure would like to know what Chris Gibson and another witness saw flying over the North Sea August 1989, was it the FDL-5, or a Northrop X-17 or A-17 SAF Stealth Attack Fighter. If skeptics question what he saw and how he described it's shape, why was he able to identify a Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker and two Aardvark F-111's, the aircraft in "question" was apparently being refueled by the tanker, this man was an expert at aircraft recognition and dismissed notions that what he saw may have been the F-117 Nighthawk or any other known designated aircraft.

The Ayaks is a Hypersonic Aircraft Program in the Russian Federation. This program was initiated in the former Soviet Union in the late 1980's in response to the U.S. "Aurora" Project; or whatever it is referred to as under the (SAP). The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) basically gives you the right to access information from the U.S. Federal Government unless it concerns National Security in so many words...

What happens when Foreign Countries say...Russia and China for example become very interested in technology we possess? most likely they will conduct clandestine operations in that Country of interest to gather a substantial amount of intelligence. Take for example the Russian Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA or The Chinese Chengdu j-20, where did these two countries obtain the technology to build so-called Fifth Generation Fighters, I mean wow, what an advancement for Russia and China. It all most seems as if they stole (hacked) or maybe even purchased the technology that built the Lockheed/Martin F-22 Raptor. Take a look at the similarities of the j-20 compared to the F-22, now look at Russia's T-50, they appeared to be a bit more tactful in design opposed to the shrewed design of the j-20. It would make sence to counter a threat with something similar, as far as I know the F-22 Raptor is the U.S.A.F. Air Superiority Fighter and known to the general public; the U.S. It would make sense to me that Russia and China would go to great lengths to build something similar or China and Russia

The North Sea sighting took place August 1989, the Soviet Union in the late 80's initiated a Hypersonic Aircraft Program, The Soviet's advanced their Ballistic Missles, the SR-71 Program ends, strange aircraft sightings and sounds are reported....hmmm

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomanOne
I sure would like to know what Chris Gibson and another witness saw flying over the North Sea August 1989, was it the FDL-5, or a Northrop X-17 or A-17 SAF Stealth Attack Fighter. If skeptics question what he saw and how he described it's shape, why was he able to identify a Boeing KC-135 Stratotanker and two Aardvark F-111's, the aircraft in "question" was apparently being refueled by the tanker, this man was an expert at aircraft recognition and dismissed notions that what he saw may have been the F-117 Nighthawk or any other known designated aircraft.

That tanker was refueling the F-111's and another aircraft that you didnt mention!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

That's because I was not there to describe what Chris Gibson and another witness had seen being "I would assume" in the process of being refueled or topped off, usually that's what takes place when a boom from a KC-135 Stratotanker is extended and connected to an aircraft in flight. Even if I was, I would not have recognized the aircraft, nor did he...I would do my best to describe it though, as I believe he did.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Personally, I don't remember reading that Mr. Gibson saw F-111's being fueled, he described an aircraft he did not recognize being fueled, and two F-111's flying alongside, weather on the port or starboard side of the unknown aircraft or the KC-135; I don't know.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RomanOne

I believe he said he saw what he "thinks" was the aurora being refueled by a kc-135 with 2 F-111 on the wings of the tanker. I personally don't believe he saw anything if it involved that aircraft because the speed of those aircraft would require the refueling to be conducted at a high enough altitude that he couldn't just look up and see it.

When we refueled the SR-71, our plane was flying so fast just to keep that plane from stalling, that some say parts of the tanker were going supersonic. I guess there's areas like where the top of the wing meets the fuselage can go supersonic before the rest of the plane. But if I recall correctly, we were going around .93 Mach or so when refueling them.

EDIT: Just looked at my checklist. Refueled the -71 at FL310 at 335 KIAS or up to 355 KIAS in a descent with the reciever with one afterburner on. That speed on a KC-135 is about .95 Mach.
edit on 3-9-2012 by boomer135 because: Extra data

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

That's a really good point you mention, about basically the SR-71 having to slow close to stall speed to be refueled by the -135, I don't fully understand the process behind Hypersonic Propulsion, but read an article describing one system where the Aircraft would take off at subsonic speeds, rendezvous with a Tanker, go supersonic and then fire it's unconventional engines, reverse the process and land. I think the disadvantage of the Blackbird was it's fuel tanks leaking like a siv on the ground, which is why it required refueling at a nominal altitude after take-off, maybe liquid methane or some other exotic fuel would not have this problem. As a boom operator, have you ever heard of any tankers having their tanks converted for other types of fuel transfer other then JP-8?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Oh yeah of course. The SR-71 required a special fuel and we modified some of our tankers to hold that fuel in the body tanks of the KC-135. They are called KC-135T models. Basically, all it did was disable us to accidentially mix the special fuel with the fuel the tanker burned. Another hint is that those T models are still around today. They never converted them back to R models.

I'll tell you this....I've taken off out of edwards in a T model before with "special" people on board that were there to keep the pilot and co-pilot in the cockpit. They weren't allowed to go past the bathroom. The other guy followed me into the boom pod to ensure that I didn't take pictures of what we were about to refuel.

That plane is not public yet, so I can't go into any detail....yet. But it was refueled "somewhere" in the range.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

What I'd like to know is how the Aurora goes about running its engines at Mach 6/7 without melting them in seconds... even using fuel as coolant, heat must be a nightmare.

I've read in a couple different magazines that the Aurora uses "RamJet" engineering. Anyone have any info on this?

Ramjet engines use the supersonic shock wave to compress the air they burn. So they don't have any of the turbine compressor guts that a normal jet engine has.

Theoretically, once the plane is supersonic, you could pump fuel onto a cavity in the rear, the cavity being placed at a point of shock wave compression, and it would blast out Mach 3+ thrust.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Thank you for your reply. Interesting; and hope is true.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

between you and that other guy i don't know who to believe.Some how i think you guys are just talking and trying to "one up" each other on stories but i tend to believe you a little.I'm just not sure.You could be lying as well though.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

I'll tell you this, it's not the aurora. But I'm not on here to convince people I'm telling the truth. maybe I've landed at groom, maybe I haven't. maybe I have pictures on final approach, maybe I dont....

I'll point you to this thread as some credibility...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The first five pics should at least give me some credibility! But if not oh well...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I think than Aurora is a urban legend, but Boomer you speak of another type of plane than the SR-71? This plane is not public yet?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by darksidius

I think than Aurora is a urban legend, but Boomer you speak of another type of plane than the SR-71? This plane is not public yet?

I'm not saying it is or isn't a replacement for the SR-71. But there's more than one plane right now that needs refueling while going through test phases that aren't public yet. And I got out in 2006. That bullcrap about the JSF just being refueled for the first time in 2010 or whenever it was is BS...

I remember seeing the RQ-170 at Edwards way back in like 2002-2003. I just couldn't talk about it much until it went down and became public. And there's still things about it I can't talk about, that and the UCAV.

It should make people wonder though why we wouldn't need security on our jet when refueling the F-22's but with other planes we did...

On another note, all the pictures at the above thread were taken with permission from the receiver aircraft. I don't violate OPSEC.

With that in mind, Ill share something that is given to boom operators, both past and present every year (non-classified version). Here's an excerpt from CMSgt Huges, Superintendent of the 412 OG at Edwards:

"This last year the booms executed, supported, evaluated test programs valued at over $2,000,000,000...just in case there are too many zeros I am talking 2+ billion dollars. They accomplished in-flight refueling testing with JSF, Gripen, RPA (remote piloted aircraft), and provided air refueling systems design expertise to the Navy for their carrier based UAV program, aditionally, they continued testing on everything in the inventory with air refueling capability and also tanker operating systems upgrades. Booms flew KC-135, KC-10, KC-767, and KC-30 test missions in Sweden, Italy, Japan, and Australia......"

I'm gonna say this: You wanna know what the future of air power is? Look at the RPA statement...
edit on 7-9-2012 by boomer135 because: spelling

EDIT: By the way, its pretty cool to be part of a three man crew (pilot, co-pilot, boom) and being the only guy on the jet knowing what your actually refueling back there! All they know is altitude and speed. And I wasn't allowed to tell them what it was on several occasions. Mind you the pilots are officers!
edit on 7-9-2012 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Also, the last thing I would say is that the SR-71 would burn fuel at around 33,000+pounds per hour. It would need refueling about every two hours to stay at max speed. So "if" we had a supersonic predecessor to the blackbird, it would require quite a bit of tankers to keep it airborne!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Or a new type of engine less fuel eater, may be a new type of supersonic stealth plane or bomber

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by darksidius

maybe..guess we will see when they release it. I wonder how many planes are in active service that the public doesn't know about?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I suspect some drawn on paper, some built as prototypes to be tested in a wind tunnel and some built as mock-ups, and maybe some flew as X aircraft. One of your pics. of Groom Lake looks familiar

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Yeah they were in my original post with all the pics

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join