It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Aurora Spyplane

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kobyoshimaru
Having looked about the web for info on this there seems to be a lot of conflicting information about shape, speed and propulsion. I think there is one of these planes of some description, they say satalites can do the job but a superfast plane is far more flexible.

Does it exsist?

Anyone got any links or info?

gheers

The Aurora Spyplane is one of the most pervasive mysteries of the black world. What dose it look like? Who built it? What is it's true mission? Who owns it? The internet is full of roumor on Aurora. I think that trying to find the truth about the Aurora might be a good topic for a future ATS research project.

Tim

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea, mate.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think unless you can find people who are intimate with the program and willing to talk you are going to have a pretty hard time getting anywhere, especially beyond and away from what is already out there.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Mabey there is some one here who already knows.......
anyone on here work for lockheed in any capacity??....anything wierd/out of ordinary ever happen??......ever glimps somthing you should'nt??

Bilnd optimism

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intensity
I think unless you can find people who are intimate with the program and willing to talk you are going to have a pretty hard time getting anywhere, especially beyond and away from what is already out there.

I agree with Intensity,
Without a breakthrough of someone admitting something, the best you can hope to accomplish is a compilation of available information on the mystery plane and then offer a summary that best portrays your informed opinion as objectively as possible.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good point, intelgurl. If I knew some people who knew something, they still wouldn't be able to talk with enough credibility. It would be a major blowup and people would get in BIG trouble.

Sigh.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lampyridae
I think it's a pulse detonation engine on the Aurora (trust me on this, it's very reliable info)

Where did you get you info? How reliable is it?

I think it's hard to guess what it actually uses. The evidence on the PDE was based on accounts of the contrails and a quick popping noise made by an aircraft. My understanding of PDE though is that you have to get up to 100+ detenations a second for it to be powerful enough and efficient enough. Imagine being a pilot and getting thumped every second at a thrust output that would get you up to and at Mach 6, let alone the fatigue it would put on the aircraft.

If you look at the current state of PDE and ramjet by companies etc. that are putting a TON of money into these projects, I find it a little hard to believe that it was working over 10 years ago. The payoff for getting either of the technologies working would be/will be enormous.

If you look at everything we have technology wise, the one technology that we lack is an air-breathing engine that will get an aircraft into orbit. It's highly possible that it was this technological shortcoming that led to the demise of the program.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Lookie here mate, the whole conspiracy thing is done precisely to keep these excellent technologies out of the hands of commercial enterprise. If they have to invest bilions to discover what you've already developed twenty years ago, so what? Even better, because that means your enemy also has to wait and spend those billions.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The person I know does not actually work on or with the Aurora, that's all I can say.

I also have independent information that leads me to believe that the Aurora model shown is very close to the real thing. Also, the L/D problem, cockpit location and engine heat dissapation all point to something similar to it.

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by Lampyridae]

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
OK here is something to consider:

If we do have a plane that can travel in the mach 6/7 range, wouldn't the human body at least black out if not get squashed like a grape under that constant pressure? Aside from the PDWE technology how do we get around the human factor??

Inquiring minds want to know ...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   

If we do have a plane that can travel in the mach 6/7 range, wouldn't the human body at least black out if not get squashed like a grape under that constant pressure? Aside from the PDWE technology how do we get around the human factor??

please do more research and put more thought into stuff before you post crap like this. traveling at mach 6 is no different than moving in a car at 60mph, or a 747 at 530mph, or concorde at 1340mph, in all reality it would be a smother ride because you are above 90% of the atmosphere at 100000ft so there is no turbulence, just like sitting in you living room. and the amount of G's that you recieve from the engines is proportionate to the thrust to weight ratio. so in other words in order to feel 9 G's of push you would a thrust to weight ratio of nine, which is far too much. your average fighter jet is lucky to have a thrust to weight ratio greater than 1. and even then you would only feel the G's if you went full throttle from a complete stop, or you were runing at full throttle and killed the engines

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lampyridae
Lookie here mate, the whole conspiracy thing is done precisely to keep these excellent technologies out of the hands of commercial enterprise. If they have to invest bilions to discover what you've already developed twenty years ago, so what? Even better, because that means your enemy also has to wait and spend those billions.

I think you've misunderstood me, mate. I'm not even sure where the PDE engine idea came from and how the Aurora supposedly had it. It's pure speculation. Just like the ramjet it is a concept that in theory should work but doesn't, yet. There are two companies that are publically investing a huge amount of money into PDE, who knows what's been done behind closed doors. Maybe there is a working engine. Maybe it is in Aurora. All I'm saying is if right now at this point with all the technology we have and these companies aren't getting it to work, what's the likelyhood that it was working over 10 years ago.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The Aurora is really the Suntan project or CL400. You can find info on Suntan on the net. It was a replacement for the U2 but was not finished due to budget cuts.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think you guys should've read this more carefully... another too many threads but, here: It's been dubunked...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
ive studied this alot. im sure it exists because my dad was a test pilot in the late 80s and he told me he was briefed and educated to fly a high speed spyplane developed by lockheed but then they said they dont need him. also sattelites couldnt do the job because in battle when a pilot bombs an area and he needs to know the damage and if he needs to fly through again a satelitte could not be able to do this if clouds were blocking its view it would have to get it the next day so the aurora would have to do that. i read that in a book by some dude named bill sweetman

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Your pops should have spent less time telling you about planes he didn't fly and more time working on your grammer.

Shugo, nothing has been debunked here, everything is still pure speculation. I clued you in to what I believe and you ran with it, which is fine. The logical thing here until someone decided to take the cover of this thing is to keep an open mind about what it actually is. In my honest opinion there isn't a single thing out there that even hints at it's existance, well with a few exceptions.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
ok intensity im only in 7th grade y does it matter wether or not i take the time to use the right grammar u can still read it

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
YES. The Aurora XPlane DOES in fact exist. Actually, it isn't covered up at all..you see..the link to the page which gives complete information about it...can be traced back to a .gov site..so, I dunno, but it seems to me it exists. Here is the link:

www.fas.org...

-wD

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
yea ive seen that site before didnt the ussr make a concept of somthing that looks like the aurora during the late part of the cold war

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The SR-75, Aurora, or whatever it's called, must be about 15 years old now, if it exists. How long can they keep it classified?

The SR-71 remained classified for almost 20 years.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join