It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did i miss the N. Korea missile that was to hit...Or did i sleep through it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
So, what happened to the missles that were all fuelled up and ready to hit the USA?
Did i miss it?

Dont get me wrong, i take these things very seriously and i know those people are crazy enough and capable to do such a thing. So- what happened? Japan was also hysterical over it, and the Japanese PM did not seem too concerned (He does a wonderful Elvis impression) either with this on his visit here.

So- What do you suppose happened?

You suppose we scared them off? Or was this just more terror tactics?

OR- are we still within that window of opportunity? Are we still in extreme danger?

I thought i'd ask since i havent heard b00 on tv.

[edit on 2-7-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I agree, what happened? I heard from the news that it was being delayed for weather reasons and now it has been so long and nothing still.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There's nothing like a nice glass of Cold War on a hot summer’s day...

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It was rather anti-climatic. Major countries freaking out one week, next week Japan's prime minister and Bush are at Elvis's house singing "Fools Rush In". hmmmmm

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Much ado about nothing. More paranoia for the sheeple to shallow. Almost election time, gotta keep the votes secure.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Amazing the things you can find out if only you look.

North Korea reared its head again, this time not to brag that it has a nuclear bomb but to announce that it will test-fire a powerful ballistic missile that can reach Japan and as far as the United States.

Its plan to launch its long-range missile -- the Taepodong-2 -- alarms and angers the United States and its two regional allies, Japan and South Korea.

U.S. President Bush called on Japan, South Korea, China and Russia, which are involved in keeping a nuclear-free Korean peninsula, to send to North Korea a ''focused message'' that to launch its missile is a ''provocative'' act. . . .
Source.

TOKYO, JULY : China has sounded out the nations involved in stalled six-party talks on North Korea's nuclear programme about the possibility of holding informal discussions later this month, a Japanese daily reported on Sunday.
Tensions have risen recently across the region since U.S. officials said satellite pictures indicated North Korea had begun what appeared to be preparations to launch a ballistic missile that some experts say could reach parts of the United States.
Source.

Tangible tension looms on the Korean Peninsula over North Korea's reported plan to test-launch a long-range missile which many consider a rhetorical threat by the communist state to seize an upper hand before resuming the suspended six-party talks on its nuclear threat.
Source.

If North Korea and Iran achieve nothing else in their development of nuclear-weapons capabilities and long-range missiles, they will have at least saved the United States' expensive and unproven National Missile Defense Program.
Source.

I find that last one most interesting.

Moral of the story? Burn your television.

[edit on 2/7/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You guys missed it, North Korea launched a nuclear enabled missile at the USA, but the super awesome tech we have actually moved the country out of Range of the missile by sliding
the whole continent into another Korean Missile Free reality.

Sign post up ahead, you are entering the Spin Zone.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate
It was rather anti-climatic. Major countries freaking out one week, next week Japan's prime minister and Bush are at Elvis's house singing "Fools Rush In". hmmmmm

We are talking about 'male' leaders here, right? Am I missing something? hmmmmmm

-Sour
(please pass the Midol)

[edit on 2-7-2006 by SourGrapes]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thanks for making a thread about this DGTEMPE.
it just dropped off the news it seems, thats why i u2u'd you about it. i mean, you are a DG and im a DG..so i figured between the two of us we should be able to figure something out

so basically what i am gathering is that we are all still in talks with korea atm and they could still launch the missle? i bet they are all bark and no bite...as usual. we just need to get kim some platform shoes and he'll get over it.

remember that whole scene in Team america World Police... i'm so ronrey, im so ronrey

Cherrio!

DigitalGrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Implosion,

Why dont we bother to LOOK? you say?

I am talking about listening. For two weeks this is all you heard on National and Cable tv in America. All of a sudden, it stopped.

We're bombarded with scary stuff...Ding Dong...Breaking News....and then it all stops.

It stopped because there was not threat to begin with. Those missels are tested all the time- Bush just seises the opportunity to kick up the "terror" a knotch whenever its convenient. Gotta keep us on our toes, you know.

PS: I cant burn my tele, it brings me pleasure sometimes.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
IT may have been a hoax...Unless a gag order has been issued for some reason

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Anyway, its not good news that NORAD is on HIGH ALERT TODAY.

N. Korea or the asteroid?

hmmmmm.....

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I found some links to the "Current" situation is more MSM Press, and thought these reports should at least be noted.

www.foxnews.com...

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea would respond to a pre-emptive U.S. military attack with an "annihilating strike and a nuclear war," the state-run media said Monday, heightening anti-U.S. rhetoric amid close scrutiny of its missile program.

The Korean Central News Agency, citing an unidentified Rodong Sinmun newspaper "analyst," accused the United States of increasing military pressure on the isolated communist state and basing new spy planes on the Korean Peninsula.

The North Korean threat of retaliation, which is often voiced by its state-controlled media, comes amid U.S. official reports that Pyongyang has shown signs of preparing for a test of a long-range missile. North Korea claims it has the right to such a launch.

On Friday, Pyongyang accused the United States of driving the situation on the Korean Peninsula "to the brink of war," and said it is fully prepared to counter any U.S. aggression.

It goes on about the Situation and things going on in the region.

Here Tony Snow, is noting it's just talk.
today.reuters.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - North Korea's vow to react with a nuclear strike if the United States launched an attack was "deeply hypothetical," the White House said on Monday.

And Snow reminds us, the best solution is for the Six Party Talks to resume.

But the Big News is the Shuttle. Will it go, or will it blow, is the question du jour. This along with Valencia, have moved discussion and stories of N Korea elsewhere.

So it seems it was just scare mongering during a slow News period.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So....
I guess our answer is
Missle defense budget is preserved! so therefore, we can go back to the stalled six party talks...

Those darned six party talks
... I wonder if they need a secretary to take minutes...
I type fast, and am looking for a lifetime career change. That should support me well into my retirement.

Back to the table... and missle wont be launched, until the talks break down again...
but that wont be until the next big defensive contract is under audit...

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

So, what happened to the missles that were all fuelled up and ready to hit the USA?
Did i miss it?

Dont get me wrong, i take these things very seriously and i know those people are crazy enough and capable to do such a thing. So- what happened? Japan was also hysterical over it, and the Japanese PM did not seem too concerned (He does a wonderful Elvis impression) either with this on his visit here.

So- What do you suppose happened?

You suppose we scared them off? Or was this just more terror tactics?

OR- are we still within that window of opportunity? Are we still in extreme danger?

I thought i'd ask since i havent heard b00 on tv.

[edit on 2-7-2006 by dgtempe]

Well heres how I see it. If they say they have a missile launch ready, its fuelled and all, its pretty clear to me they are trying to send a message that they can hit us if they want. In such a situation you have to take it as a legitimate threat at least. Its like when I was in high school there was a bomb threat, and this was around the time of the Columbine incident, we evacuated the school only to find that it was nothing, but do you take that chance? Never!!! Its standard operating procedure. Though I understand your point that this was nothing to worry about but this is after the fact. You never know what can happen, anything is possible if the circumstances are just right.

top topics

join