It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reality of George W. Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Where would George W. Bush be today if he did not have a rich and powerful family? Lets say W. came from a (lower to middle class) family, similar to Bill Clintons or Richard Nixon, could he have come from nothing and still become president. Think about this, from what you know of his past and present, also what you have seen on TV, and his job performance. Is this guy some average Joe or is he still a president today? I would like to know your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
That is a very hard question to consider. I suppose if Mr. Bush came from an average family with a middle-to-lower income, he would be pretty much out of a job or struggling to get one. He would probably not even vote, since there hasn't really been a voting record--except the elections he ran for office. He still wouldn't read any books or watch any television. He would probably still love baseball.

And because of that lack of money, he would probably still have a drinking and drug problem that won't be treated. He won't get health care because he probably wouldn't make enough money to pay insurance. And he probably wouldn't even get into college--due to the fact that his family got him into both schools by virtue of their money alone. He wouldn't be part of the "Skulls and Bones" because he would not have the clout, the money or the prestige.

He would probably would have fought in the front lines of Vietnam because his family would not have the standing to put him in the Texas National Guard. And he would probably would still have to deal with those DUI records because he would have no one in power to make them "magically" disappear.

Because of his business failures, Laura would have to be the bread winner with her librarian job.

He wouldn't have any leisure time because there wouldn't be any money to spend. And he probably wouldn't have any knowledge of international matters because it wouldn't be part of his mindset.

He would probably be a danger to himself and others because of his terrible temper.

Most of all, he would probably gain a lot of humility because the hubris that power and money gives you would be gone.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Not like this question can really be answered, but I guess what it boils down to is if GW hadn't been "groomed" for the politics and power thing would he have ever made it there on his own, like some others have.

Judging by the others that have over come not coming from the pwoer and money I don't see that GW would have had the drive and lust for power to get where he is now. Actually, I don't think he'd even have Laura.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well taking into consideration that even as a spoiled child from a rich family he got himself in more than one problem. . . if he didn't had a powerful father he would probably be in jail.

top topics

join