It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORAD on Alert??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
hey guys...anyone know anything about this. there's a link on drudge that NORAD's on heightened alert.

www.krdotv.com...

and well, if you do a search on yahoo, you'll get a return about it.

neither link is working though. you get an error message.

does anyone know anything about this one??

mod edit, spelling/grammar

[edit on 2-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
US Space Command is in Cheyenne Mountain with NORAD. They're responsible for watching for any missile launches, and are basically in command of the missile defenses (pathetic and few that they are). Most likely when the missile defenses were activated in response to the North Korea test (that still hasn't happened) they went on alert. (Another poster pointed this out in a different thread about this.) That's the most likely reason. Or there's some kind of exercise going on.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
US Space Command is in Cheyenne Mountain with NORAD. They're responsible for watching for any missile launches, and are basically in command of the missile defenses (pathetic and few that they are). Most likely when the missile defenses were activated in response to the North Korea test (that still hasn't happened) they went on alert. (Another poster pointed this out in a different thread about this.) That's the most likely reason. Or there's some kind of exercise going on.

whats pathetic about strategic missile defense? I would imagine if they did any maintenance on the missiles themselves it would be a rather prestigous job....you would need lots of education to do the job.

now sitting in a room waiting for the order to launch wouldnt be very fun but I dont understand why its pathetic? or why their characters are pathetic? Id imagine it would be one hell of a struggle with your conscience to fire those things.

I didnt realise the american strategic rocket forces were on a heightened state of alert but I guess if they activated the ABMs they are probably watching for launches.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Can't get the link. Seems to have been taken down ...
hmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The pathetic is for the fact that the Ground Based Interceptor that they've spent so much money on has missed or completely failed in over half the tests they've done so far. The only SUCCESSFUL defenses in any way, are theater defenses that aren't capable of shooting down an ICBM.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The Goauld Must be Attacking the SGC again.

Nobody Panic.

In all seriousness, like in 9/11, you should only be worried if Norad is ordered to step down, cancel its flights, or to run a flight test, because thats when the government decides to blow us up with synthetic terrorism, again.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
and well, if you do a search on yahoo, you'll get a return about it.

neither link is working though. you get an error message.

The error message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too many client tasks.

/DisplayStory.asp, line 7

Bad link or too much traffic

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with the asteroid close fly-by tomorrow?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
"An Air Force installation in Colorado Springs and one near Denver are operating with heightened security. The Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, which houses NORAD, is now at "Bravo-Plus"."

news.search.yahoo.com...

bravo-plus.....does that give any clues?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
That's just an alert level. They have Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta. IIRC Delta is the lowest, and Alpha the highest. They're at a modified Bravo level alert. Not tight enough to be called Alpha, but too high to be Bravo.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
still makes you wonder why they are operating at such a high alert level, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Not really. They're responsible for detecting missile launches, and tracking the space shuttle, and everything in orbit. With NK preparing for a test launch, and the missile defense units activated, of course they're going to be at a higher level.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
True. I suppose it could be the combination of the NK missile test looming, and the launch of the Shuttle.

perhaps they are just trying to cover all thier bases.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I believe it's just for the (~possible~) shuttle launch...

NORAD is ensuring airspace safety and security for the STS-121 launch and landing, providing irregular air patrols to enforce the FAA’s Temporary Flight Restriction zones over the space shuttle and along its flight path.

Source

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 2-7-2006 by DEFCON3]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Confirming article...

www.krdotv.com...

And it clarifies what bravo-plus is.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
bump

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The link isn't working because of the high traffic. Once the Drudge Report puts a link to your site up, the flood gates open. You had better have the proper server to handle the traffic or everyone will get an error message like we have.

I was able to get on the site earlier after a few tries. It was a short article and it basically said some of what others have posted above. NORAD is on Bravo Plus, which is slightly higher than Bravo. The reasons cited were the situation with North Korea, as well as the approaching asteroid.

They said that a few bases were on alert in California, Florida and another state which escapes me at the moment.

Anyway, is it possible that this approaching asteroid has other, smaller objects flying along with it which could strike earth? It puzzles me that if we supposedly know its not going to hit earth, why we would have NORAD on a raised level of alert. I can understand the whole North Korea thing. But on the other hand, their missile has been on the launch pad and fueled up for at least a week or two now. Why all of a sudden they raised their level now is beyond me.

Anyone else not buying the official version, as usual? Do you think we have some reliable intelligence regarding a terrorist attack, but just aren't sure of the time or location? I'd like to hear some of your thoughts and scenareos.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I wonder if this has anything to do with the asteroid close fly-by tomorrow?

My first impression exactly. After all, it IS Space Command. I'm sure a near Earth object would perhaps affect sattelites, communications, etc. regarding their very sensitive equipment, etc.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I was a little m ore concerned when I couldn't get access to the story, or the stations website for that matter. I knew that more than likely, it was just too many people trying to get on it, but still, there was always the possibility that the government took it down because they didn't want us knowing anything about it.

maybe it is because of the scrapped again shuttle launch?

or maybe we're aiming our missles at the vultures that are circling around the shuttle....lol!!!

danged if I'd want to sit in the shuttle waiting for liftoff watching vulture circling above me!!

also, I guess now north korea is threatening nuclear war if we attack them??

and well, do a basic search on the term bravo-plus....it seems to have a history of popping up just before we decide to attack someone....

[edit on 3-7-2006 by dawnstar]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Florida would be on Heighten alert because of the Space Shuttle attempt to launch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join