It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article might get you arrested ??!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
"Independent" published article, they state you could be prosecuted for reading it? I don't really understand, but it doesn't sound good. Here are some links:

Independent

News link

WTH? Can this be possible in a democratic state??

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The basic gist of the article is this: left-leaning Independent newspaper supported Blair who seemed genuine as of similar mind but once in power was not ideologically aligned but used process of people like Stalin.

All probably true but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth since the Independent went to bat to put Blair in their in the first place while I would never have voted for him.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
wow....that is amazing to read. So many things i never realised were happening.
Could it be that while we in the UK have been watching Bush and HIS taking away of civil liberties.....our own Government has been doing far worse things?
Some of those things just sound scary

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
All western govts are taking this course nowadays.

Here in Australia we have a federal govt that wants to introduce ID cards, abolish the Senate, & abolish state govts.

Its called the path to the NWO.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
USA, Great Britain, Australia too... now, if this is prevailing course in most western countries, it is a very bad omen indeed. I wonder, what could be done by ordinary people to stop this agenda? Sadly, I can't think of anything that excludes intense violence.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Arrested Development

I usually roll my eyes when I see a title like this. It almost always turns out to be some sensational claim or another that turns out to be false.

Almost always.

I think this may well be an exception to the rule. It's an excellent article, and while I may not agree with the author's conclusions on everything, I think Mr. Porter -- if you can excuse this coming from a Yank -- bloody well has a point.

This is an all-too-familiar trend being seen in all the Commonwealth states, and the U.S. as well, where we can now proudly proclaim that we imprison more people than anyone else does. A dubious distinction for a "champion of freedom".

But if the article is even only partially correct, it seems America isn't the only nation going down this ominous road.

When the litany of lost freedoms grows as long as the list cited by this article, it's not a "conspiracy theory" anymore.

Simply fact.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Souljah beat you by just a bit

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duby78
USA, Great Britain, Australia too... now, if this is prevailing course in most western countries, it is a very bad omen indeed. I wonder, what could be done by ordinary people to stop this agenda? Sadly, I can't think of anything that excludes intense violence.

The move to the NWO began some years ago here in Australia.

It started in the 1980's when the then Federal govt called a referendum on a National ID card (due to resistance from liberty groups against its introduction). Fortunately this was defeated.

Then in 1987, following the murder of 32 individuals in 6 separate cases. Following this new gun laws were enacted that tightened the use & possession of firearms. Then in 1996 a mentally inept young man by the name of Martin Bryant was framed for the murder of 30 people in our worst recorded single incident of mass murder.

www.nexusmagazine.com...

home.overflow.net.au...

Within 2 weeks a gun ban program was approved. The new laws would virtually ban private possession of pump-action shotguns and all semiautomatic firearms (even of .22 rimfire caliber) and provide for the government to pay people over the course of a year (up through September, 1997) to turn in such firearms for destruction. The money for this was to come from a 1-year increase in the "medicare" tax (this particular tax partly to solidify the public acceptance of guns being a "public health" issue). The laws would provide for a person to possess a non-military semiautomatic long gun, or pump action shotgun, for professional use only if the authorities could be convinced that the person had a "genuine need." A "genuine reason" (to the authorities' mind) was required for a person to have a lesser firearm. And protection of life was not to be a valid reason for having a firearm.

www.gunsandcrime.org...

And now the ID card is back on the table & though it remains to be seen if another referendum will be held to view public opinion the word is this time there is not as much opposition. It remains to be seen if this will just be introduced anyway but like the US govt we have a govt here that seems to shirk the constitution & make laws as it pleases having been in power now for a number of years. We have recently had legislation introduced that limits workers rights. Where the trade unions here used to hold a lot of power, that power has been gradually diminished by the passing of laws by our current govt toi the point trade unions are now considered a joke by many, & membership has steadily twindled to the point of most employees no longer being a member of a union at all whereas years ago the reverse was true. Basically its less power to the people.

In 2000 a new tax was passed here called the GST (or goods & services tax). This was called at the time a 'UN' tax by many. A flat rate tax of 10% was applied to all goods & services by the Fed govt removing a number of existing Fed & State sales taxes.

So yea we've not been left behind in this push for the NWO. Misinformation by the govt & media over terrorism is regularly in the news headlines here. Our media is controlled by the govt & the media (as always) supports whoever is in power.

Whats the answer? I dont know. I guess we need a leader to stand up & speak out & oppose all that is wrong with our govt, but we have already had that opportunity in Pauline Hanson. She was subsequently charged with electoral fraud (which she denies) & after a short term of imprisonment was released on appeal. The president of the court publicly rebuked John Howard (our current Prime Minister), whose observations, she said, demonstrated at least "a fundamental misunderstanding of the Rule of Law...[and] an attempt to influence the judicial...process".

So I think its going to take more than one individual.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by dscomp]

[edit on 3-7-2006 by dscomp]

top topics

join