It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im confused???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm starting to see all these posts on ancient sumeria and storys about tibet and ancient egypt and atlantis, and their is a reoccuring theme i see, they all worshiped in aliens, were very advanced, and they destroyed them selves in some kind of cataclysmic war. what do u guys think the truth to these statements are and what is the proof for this.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
what do you mean they all worshipped aliens?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave_Bowman
...what do u guys think the truth to these statements are and what is the proof for this.

If you want me to say that there is any truth at all to these statements, or any proof at all of the veracity of these claims, then:

"I'm sorry, Dave. I can't do that."

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
sorry - doublepost

[edit on 7/2/2006 by Harte]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There's no proof in anything you just posted, none of them worshipped aliens, they worshipped gods who sound (to us) like aliens.

I've never even heard of this cataclysmic war, probably because it never happened, Ancient Egypt wasn't wiped out by one for sure.

And how the hell were they very advanced? They lived in mud huts! They had no flying machines or star gates or whatever else people think they had.

If there was a highly advanced civilisation before us, why no evidence? I know why, because people LIE and MAKE STUFF UP to look smart about things they know nothing about.

EDIT- Yes, you are incredibly confused, go away and research some fact about these ancient civilisations, then come back.

[edit on 2-7-2006 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
There's no proof in anything you just posted, none of them worshipped aliens, they worshipped gods who sound (to us) like aliens.

I've never even heard of this cataclysmic war, probably because it never happened, Ancient Egypt wasn't wiped out by one for sure.

He's most likely talking about the Summerian Annunaki Rebellion and the ancient Hindu Scriptures about the gods fighting with flying vehicles and shooting down arrows with effects identical to nuclear blasts (Down to the radiation effects.)

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I've heard about that, but if he meant it, why didn't he just say that? Not add Ancient Egypt into the equation?

A world-wide war that wiped them all out? Nope, it was just India apparantly, with those flying machines described.

Doesn't matter though, I'm getting fed up with people posting rubbish with no fact behind it.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

And how the hell were they very advanced? They lived in mud huts! They had no flying machines or star gates or whatever else people think they had.

If there was a highly advanced civilisation before us, why no evidence? I know why, because people LIE and MAKE STUFF UP to look smart about things they know nothing about.

EDIT- Yes, you are incredibly confused, go away and research some fact about these ancient civilisations, then come back.

Why do you bother coming to this site anyways??

It's like everything that has ever been put up on here has been ignored by you for some reason.

You are also making accusations re: LIE and MAKE STUFF UP.... who are you levelling this at?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I've heard about that, but if he meant it, why didn't he just say that? Not add Ancient Egypt into the equation?

A world-wide war that wiped them all out? Nope, it was just India apparantly, with those flying machines described.

Doesn't matter though, I'm getting fed up with people posting rubbish with no fact behind it.

Well there are things that deal with it in Egypt. For example, the Gold mines that were stripped dry that pre-date human mining efforts in the region.

And ofcourse the pyramids, which are a massive monument of debate.

The fact is the entire WORLD has various related dieties that share similarities. Egyptian gods all are based on 'Near human" looking bodies, with animal heads of sorts. In a way, alien, and related to the Annunaki and hindu type views on gods. Potentially alien in origin? perhaps.

Also records of alienoid "gods" and ufos can be found all over the world, as far as the Mayans and Aztecs.

As far as a Global war, in a way, it could have been. With records as far up as Sumeria, and as far east as Asia, that encompasses the whole ancient world.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
He's most likely talking about the Summerian Annunaki Rebellion and the ancient Hindu Scriptures about the gods fighting with flying vehicles and shooting down arrows with effects identical to nuclear blasts (Down to the radiation effects.)

Are you guys pulling my leg?

Yeah yer are...
...eheheh...that was a good one.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy

Are you guys pulling my leg?

Yeah yer are...
...eheheh...that was a good one.

I take it you've never heard of the Mahabarata? Its an Ancient Vedic Indian text that tells the epic of a great war in the sky of the gods.

Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana
hurled a single projectile charged with the power
of the Universe. An incandescent column of
smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with
all its splendor.

It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic
messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race
of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable.
Hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause,
and the birds turned white.

...After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire the soldiers threw
themselves in streams to wash themselves and their
equipment."

Dense arrows of flame, like a great shower, issued
forth upon creation, encompassing the enemy...
A thick gloom swiftly settled upon the Pandava hosts.
All points of the compass were lost in darkness.
Fierce wind began to blow upward, showering dust and gravel.

Birds croaked madly... the very elements seemed disturbed.
The earth shook, scorched by the terrible violent heat of this
weapon.
Elephants burst into flame and ran to and fro in a frenzy...
over a vast area, other animals crumpled to the ground and died.
From all points of the compass the arrows of flame rained
continuously and fiercely.

You might want to look into it more before criticizing.

heres some excellent threats to read up on, on ATS.

10,000 year old civilization which was more advanced then us

Proof: Ancient Indian Civilization Existed

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

Why do you bother coming to this site anyways??

You are also making accusations re: LIE and MAKE STUFF UP.... who are you levelling this at?

I come here in the dim hope that it will return to it's former glory, I don't mean to be an ass, I know I have been lately, but the amount of threads around now that contain no links, sources, anything!

It's all just a load of different conspiricies mashed into a ball, sometimes this ball breaks out and gets a post.

And the LIE and MAKE STUFF UP thing isn't aimed at anyone directly, but to those who hoax, and come here, make a ton of threads about their 'story' and provide no other information.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I take it you've never heard of the Mahabarata? Its an Ancient Vedic Indian text that tells the epic of a great war in the sky of the gods.

Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana
hurled a single projectile charged with the power
of the Universe. An incandescent column of
smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with
all its splendor.

It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic
messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race
of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable.
Hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause,
and the birds turned white.

...After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire the soldiers threw
themselves in streams to wash themselves and their
equipment."

Dense arrows of flame, like a great shower, issued
forth upon creation, encompassing the enemy...
A thick gloom swiftly settled upon the Pandava hosts.
All points of the compass were lost in darkness.
Fierce wind began to blow upward, showering dust and gravel.

Birds croaked madly... the very elements seemed disturbed.
The earth shook, scorched by the terrible violent heat of this
weapon.
Elephants burst into flame and ran to and fro in a frenzy...
over a vast area, other animals crumpled to the ground and died.
From all points of the compass the arrows of flame rained
continuously and fiercely.

You might want to look into it more before criticizing.

I've looked into it, I don't find it. I no longer accept any quote from the Mahabarata unless it is accompanied by the name of the particular book of the Mahabarata, and the page and/or passage number.

Unless I misremember, Byrd has stated that the above oft-quoted text actually does not appear in the Mahabarata. It might come from some other vedic text though.

You want a condensed version of the Mahabarata? It is HERE

Full version? Look no farther.

The next time you want to tell me what it says in the Mahabarata, please iclude text and passage/page numbers. You'll find this sort of informationat the second link I provided above. Or, you could just quote it and link it.

If not, then I'll continue to assume that you are blindly accepting what some other unknown person (could it be Childress?) is telling you about the Vedas. My advice? Don't believe everything you read, and never eat anything bigger than your head.

Harte

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
I've looked into it, I don't find it. I no longer accept any quote from the Mahabarata unless it is accompanied by the name of the particular book of the Mahabarata, and the page and/or passage number.
Harte

They are there, sort of. You wont find those EXACT lines appearing in any of the more traditional translations. These are basically very liberal translations; reinterpretations of the text through a modern eye, with the intent of pushing the 'advanced tech' claim.

The majority are taken from Book 16 section 2, and you can see from the Sacred-Text.com version there is a much more mundane translation.

For example, comparing the two versions of the following lines:

"Hair and nails fell out" = "The streets swarmed with rats and mice. At night, the rats and mice ate away the hair and nails of slumbering men."

"After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected" = "In cook rooms, upon food that was clean and well-boiled, were seen, when it was served out for eating, innumerable worms of diverse kinds.
"

The 'nuclear war' version selectively reinterprets portions, and seems to entirely omit the parts that CAN'T be restated in a way that implies radiation damage.
Such as:

"Asses were born of kine, and elephants of mules. Cats were born of bitches, and mouse of the mongoose."
and
"The Sun, whether when rising or setting over the city, seemed to be surrounded by headless trunks of human form."

In fact, what is happening is described in the beginning of the passage:

"Day by day strong winds blew, and many were the evil omens that arose, awful and foreboding the destruction of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas."

A series of omens, bad portents... not the after-effects of any war.

Oh, and...

I got it

[edit on 3-7-2006 by Donner]

[edit on 3-7-2006 by Donner]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dave_Bowman
I'm starting to see all these posts on ancient sumeria and storys about tibet and ancient egypt and atlantis, and their is a reoccuring theme i see, they all worshiped in aliens, were very advanced, and they destroyed them selves in some kind of cataclysmic war. what do u guys think the truth to these statements are and what is the proof for this.

I know that the people making these statements usually haven't read much about the civilization.

When you see an unusal claim about a civilization, the first place you should check facts on is Wikipedia... find out how much we know at present.

Then ask yourself if those facts fit the picture of what we know. Look at the links to see where the Wikipedia information came from (archaeologists, paleontologists, reading old manuscripts, etc.) Try to find the original texts translated.

Reading and researching will soon give you two distinct views -- one that's not backed up by much of anyone and includes a lot of information (they were gods, they made gods, they weren't gods but aliens, they were from Atlantis, etc) and another view that's backed up by archaeological digs and translations of a LOT of writings from that civilization (not just one book or one chapter of something.)

The view that's kind of all over the place is the "channeled" view that someone kind of pulled out of their... head. The one that's held consistantly by people who can read the old texts is the one that's right.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donner

Harte

They are there, sort of. You wont find those EXACT lines appearing in any of the more traditional translations. These are basically very liberal translations; reinterpretations of the text through a modern eye, with the intent of pushing the 'advanced tech' claim.

The majority are taken from Book 16 section 2, and you can see from the Sacred-Text.com version there is a much more mundane translation.

The 'nuclear war' version selectively reinterprets portions, and seems to entirely omit the parts that CAN'T be restated in a way that implies radiation damage.

You have my neverending thanks and respect for this Donner. You provided exactly what I asked for, the very first time I've seen anybody at this site provide this info on any Vedic text. Well done!

You have voted Donner for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Oh, and...

I got it

IMO, you deserve the WATS award just for that!

Harte

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
NP Harte, i was very curious about that myself, so I did some digging - took quite a bit too. For the most part, every site i came across was pushing the advanced tech claim, and had pretty much the exact same lines as in this post and the reference listed as only "the Mahabarata."

What i HAVEN'T been able to find yet is the actual source for that translation, if there is in fact one. I suppose it is possible that there is no source, and that just those few lines were re-interpreted.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

What i HAVEN'T been able to find yet is the actual source for that translation, if there is in fact one. I suppose it is possible that there is no source, and that just those few lines were re-interpreted.

Are you asking who it was that did the translation? I just wasn't sure if this is what you meant. If so, the translation from the original text into English was done by Kisari Mohan Ganguly, though P.C. Roy seems to get all of the credit.

Babu Kisari Mohan Ganguli, "who like a literary Atlas bore the heavy burden of the tramslation", gets mentioned only in the last volume of the English translation. Though he had no hand at all in the translation, Roy put his own name on the title page of the first nine volumes. The ambiguity that transformed a publisher into a translator and left K.M. Ganguli's glory unsung has, to my knowlwdge, been spotted only by Ronald Inden and Maureen Patterson, compilers of the University of Chicago's Bibliography to South Asian Studies; by K.M. Knott in the Janus Press Edition of the first two books of the Mahabharata; and by A.C. Macdonnell in his History of Sanskrit Literature, where the transltion has been listed in the bibliography as having published at "the expense of P.C. Roy" (it was surely at K.M. Ganguly's expense!).

Here is the source of that excerpt. Like I said, I don't know if this is what you were asking for, but I hope it helps. If you were, if fact, referring to the first translation where a nuclear war with modern type weapons seems to be painted out, then I would suggest authors who did translations for the Mahabharata such as Krishna Dharma, whose ties to the ISKON movement seem to have altered his ability to translate unbiasedly. I'm not sure if this was the original version to misdirect the true point of the piece, but it's a start.

www.boloji.com..." border=0>

[edit on 4-7-2006 by EdenKaia]

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Donner
NP Harte, i was very curious about that myself, so I did some digging - took quite a bit too. For the most part, every site i came across was pushing the advanced tech claim, and had pretty much the exact same lines as in this post and the reference listed as only "the Mahabarata."

Nine years later, thanks to Jason Colavita in the interim, I can tell you it originates in one of the earliest ancient astronaut books (1960) "Morning of the Magicians."

From there, it was taken up and re-worded by that old con man Charles Berlitz.

Finally, the finishing touches were put on the quote by David Hatcher Childress, and that is the version of it everyone sees on the internet.

Yeah, it's a necropost. But I was back here recovering several links I lost when my last hard drive died, one of which was that fantastic post of yours linking to the actual phrases in the Mahabharata.

If we still had Way Above Top Secret votes here, I'd vote it in again.

I've been referencing that post for 9 years.

ETA: I checked to see if you were still around before I posted this.

Harte
edit on 6/14/2015 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
Nine years later, thanks to Jason Colavita in the interim, I can tell you it originates in one of the earliest ancient astronaut books (1960) "Morning of the Magicians."

Yo Harte!! Thank you so much, that was quite an interesting read!! I have wondered still now and then where that had originally come from, and now my curiosity is sated. I'll have to bookmark that page for sure, thanks again for finding it.

Hehe but I suppose its a little too much to hope that this will finally be laid to rest. Well hopefully a few might be interested and take a look

Still I think the biggest shame on this thread that I still seem to be the only one who caught the 2001 reference

Donner
edit on 16-6-2015 by Donner because: post was incomplete

top topics

<<   2 >>

join