It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Direct Futuristic Advert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A person showed me a clip from a movie many moons ago, it was from a film on either ITV or Channel 4, my apologies.. its been along time and I cannot remember the name of the film, it was approx 15+ years ago.

The information I aam looking for was a advert from First Direct Bank, stating it was a broadcast from the future, (kind of a just testing if this timetravel tv bradcasting works kinda advert) I believe it also mentioned the date of the transmission.

At the time the guy who was showing me was with this girl, and I ended up being with her for about 5years after that, my mind was a little preocupied so I forgot about the details of the film he showed me. real shame..would rather have watched the film :/ or I shoulda just stole that too.

So basically I am looking for a advert from around 15+ years ago from First Direct bank statnig that it was a trasmission from the future. sorry its not very detailed but hey if im gonna find it anywhere, its probably going to be here.

tried a forum search and a few googles, but no results..and Im positive this would be a great talking point on ATS, as im very sure it was not a hoax or advert from that time period..

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Shameless bump.

This advert was indeed very futuristic looking, and I dont believe First Direct was even a company then, it was still Midland bank (this was before all the uk bank mergers and midland bank then turned into HSBC/First Direct.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ive still made no headway, the film was around the same era as '3 men and a baby' it may have even been during that film. (although I seem to recall that being a 'ghost' during the film itself, not the weird advert im looking for.

I know it exists, so I will percive just to satisfy my curiosity, even if it was just an advertising ploy.

And a quick bump to boot

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
3 Men and a Baby, I bet a quite a few members weren't even born when that first came out

That sounds interesting, it's a shame no one else remembers it. First Direct wasn't formed until 2 years later, but that timeline could still mean an advertising ploy, a sort of "We're coming soon" advert.

top topics

join