It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I can never do it myself. So I was wondering for people who can do it and are experienced at it. How long does it take for you to get out of your body? Also I was wondering can you experience the Akashic records while doing it.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I guess kinda.. only takes me 2 or 3 mins but I cant hold it and my body usually refused to "believe" its happening and twitches back to normal and for your second question.. not clue cause I got no clue what that is ^_^;;

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I don't know....I was going to post the same question myself. I have had an out of body experience once in my life (quite wild!), but that wasn't on purpose. It was after I smoked pot and got high for the first time in my life. Ooops....I lost my body on the stairwell!

Anyway, now I am trying to do astral travel on purpose (and without drugs, I haven't smoked pot since college), but so far no luck. I did read a great book on the subject, though, by Robert Monroe, called "Travels out of the Body."

I'll let you know if I have any success with his methods.

There is also a 9 week course in Astral Travel offered by the "gnostics" on the internet. You might find that helpful. It's free. (I haven't tried that yet.)

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
If your not trained in the breathing exercises its kinda hard. Your body needs to kind of be on a resporitory auto pilot. IF not try this---- If you wake up in the middle of the night lets say to go pee or something. And you are barely awake, well try to stay relaxed and keep deep breathing, once your done going pee or whatever, lay down relaxed and keep your deep breath pattern like ex. breath in 10 second hold 10 seconds then blow out 10 seconds. try to get up to 15-20 second intervals while trying to keep your conciousness awake and let your body fall back asleep. If you do it right its like a shortcut to an OOBE. soon youll be able to see right through your eyelids. try not to think about whats going on or youll snap back! use the pulsation of your breathing "that you'll actually feel" to propell yourself around. hard to explain, but this is a sure method that works 90% of the time for me. its the "easy way" but its hard to wake up in the middle of the night all the time.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
I don't know....I was going to post the same question myself. I have had an out of body experience once in my life (quite wild!), but that wasn't on purpose. It was after I smoked pot and got high for the first time in my life. Ooops....I lost my body on the stairwell!

Anyway, now I am trying to do astral travel on purpose (and without drugs, I haven't smoked pot since college), but so far no luck. I did read a great book on the subject, though, by Robert Monroe, called "Travels out of the Body."

I'll let you know if I have any success with his methods.

There is also a 9 week course in Astral Travel offered by the "gnostics" on the internet. You might find that helpful. It's free. (I haven't tried that yet.)

I've heard of Robert Monroe before can't exactly remember where. But I read about Edgar Cayce's experiences with astral projection. Along with some dream book I found in the library. The closest I've ever gotten with an OBE is in dreamland, and the Akashic records I don't even know anymore. XD

As for the gnostics free training I just might check it out.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just wanted to say that I've signed up for that 9 week course(it's free), and it's starting in a few days. So I'll report back on it for ya'll.

I've had several "oobes", and am taking the course to try and better understand what it's all about.

I can say that the guy a few posts up was talking about seeing through your eyelids, and he was spot on. Man, the first time that happened to me I about totally freaked out bad.

I kept my cool the second time and was able to "float" up a bit, when I got a strange sense of "rumbling" or "vibration" and that flipped me out and I "went back" into body.

Third time was not like other two, I "woke up" to myself dreaming. Like I realized I was in a dream. And got scared, but calmed down and started trying to change things, and could on some minor stuff. And tried to leave that dreamscape but couldn't. But I could travel around at will.

Anyway, I'll let you know.

X

top topics

join