It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

moving white dot in the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
hey all. new member but long time lurker. every now and then when im walking my dog i'll happen to look up at the sky and see a moving white dot. i know for sure it isin't a plane cuz it don't have any lights, wings, etc also it will always magically dissappear after only moving for no more than 15-20 seconds. is this a ufo or some other otherwordly thing i see from time to time?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If you are always seeing it, it might be something wrong with your eyes, I think cells moving across your eyeball can cause it.

If you want a UFO answer though, take a camera next time you go out, if it's always there, it should be a doodle to get a quick snap of it.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
maybe just a satellite? they appear as a moving dot, not blinking as far as my experience goes

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
"maybe just a satellite? they appear as a moving dot, not blinking as far as my experience goes"

I agree with the post above...It was probably what you seen or the space station etc.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If it was daylight, I doubt it would have been a satellite, there too high up arn't they?

Aah, what do I know!?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It could be a survellance drone as well. Especially if you are in California!

[edit on 2-7-2006 by DoNotBelieveThem]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
15 or 20 seconds is just about right for an Iridium flare.
Which is a reflection from one of the many Iridium Sats that are orbiting the planet.
There are certain parts of the orbit, where it, the sun, and your location coincide, to give you a really bright reflection from one of these.

This pic is a time exposure that I made a year or so ago.

YOu can also go here: Heavens above.
Input your location..And you can obtain a list of times and dates, to see these flares.
Some of which are bright enough to see during the day!

Maybe this will solve the mystery!

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
If it was daylight, I doubt it would have been a satellite, there too high up arn't they?

Aah, what do I know!?

He said he didn't see lights so I assumed it was during the night..

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Hey. Today , january 13th 2009, at about 6:15am i looked out the window while getting dressed and saw a white light streek across the sky. It was moving quite slowly and moved for about 4-5 mins. It could not of been a plane, as there was no other lights. Nor a sattellite, because it was too low. I tried to take a video of it for evidence, but as soon as i pressed record the screen went black, and nothing was covering the lense. As soon as the light dissapeared my camera worked again. I was wondering if there was a valid explanation for this?
Thank you

new topics

top topics

join