It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam's Wife:Most Wanted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   

www.cnn.com...

My only question really is, why? Do they plan on detaining her to act as a witness or as an accomplice in Saddam's war trial? What will be gained by finding Saddam guilty anyway? Will it miraculously end the Iraqi war if he is put in prison or executed?

This war mirrors the Vietnam War in so many ways that it makes me ill. We can't change their government into a democracy overnight, nor can we constantly occupy Iraq. The age of empires went out with the Ottoman.

Einstein said: "Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding" How long do we have to keep the peace through force and why do it when it accomplishes nothing. So many people in Iraq don't want us there, muddling in their government, telling them what to do. Do we really think that by either imprisoning Saddam or executing him that we will win? This is a war that nobody can win, everything will revert back once our troops leave, just like Viet Nam.

I only hope we get out before more innocents die and more money is wasted.

'nuff said

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
There is the possablity that Saddam family members are aiding or a part of one the insurgent groups in Iraq. If this is the case they are a legit target. As for Saddams daughter the CIA need to ensure that she isnt using Jordan as a safe house. If she is using Jordan as a safe house I think that a heart attack or some other "natural" death is in order.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
ermmm next times saddam grandmother also be in court together will all saddam
anchestor and generation in the lockup

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Under the title “Hussein’s Wife, Daughter on new wanted list” It’s topped with the caption “terror leader Al-Zarqawi buried in Iraq”
It then immediately talks about how someone called Izzat Ibrahim al-Duri tops the list, was commander of Iraq’s armed forces.

My question is which is this writing closest to “scattered mindedness” or “propagandas”?

Never mind. Truthwillsetyoufree makes a good point. Why do these religious fundamentalists want her back in their place? I also make the point that given that 3 of Saddam’s lawyers have already been assonated (due to the chaos are leaders and our taxpayers money have unleashed in Iraq) that she probably wouldn’t be safe.
If it comes to the crunch she must instead flee to an international court (that unlike one in Iraq) has the capability of issuing fair justice.

As for this insurgency business I might believe it if someone issues a case (rather than some "possibility" statement).

On Trial…
I think the real reason why they want her is because she is doing a good job of helping defend her husband and her Sunni countrymen. This sort of thing must make the vengeful Muslim fundamentalists (we have put in charge of Iraq) pissed. Call it propagandas but I wouldn’t be surprised if many would want to group rape her on her return for NOT wearing a veil over her face.
And I don’t think anyone disputes they have done much worse (like stoning) to other woman for the same “religious” crime.

My personal view is that they are filthy little bastards who all belong in mass graves until they at least acknowledge other peoples faiths and other people’s way.
Yep you’ve guessed it; I'm no liberal in the face of authoritarianism (even if it is in the form of religious fundamentalism-indoctrination). Hence this is one of the reasons why I support Saddam; and privately I'm sick of all these psychedelic right wingers who claim they hate terrorists; actually support places like Guantanamo (even though more people have been released innocent there than convicted guilty) and then say they love the freedom of religious fundamentalists who (if only you lived closer) would beat your wife. It troubles me because I can’t really work their logic out. Anyone help me?

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

From Liberal1984:Yep you’ve guessed it; I'm no liberal in the face of authoritarianism (even if it is in the form of religious fundamentalism-indoctrination). Hence this is one of the reasons why I support Saddam; and privately I'm sick of all these psychedelic right wingers who claim they hate terrorists; actually support places like Guantanamo (even though more people have been released innocent there than convicted guilty) and then say they love the freedom of religious fundamentalists who (if only you lived closer) would beat your wife. It troubles me because I can’t really work their logic out. Anyone help me?

There isn't a logic when it comes to global politics. Money is the only thing that really speaks volumes to them and it is the only thing that makes sense. These same right wingers would say they hated Nazis but loved the ideals of the Aryan Nation if they were the ones holding the barrels of oil.

The US government hates Saddam because they made him what he is today. It's like having a robot for a science project. You tinker with it, upgrade its software, and then get pissed when it runs amuck on you and doesn't hold true to the ideals you once had for it. So what do you do? You try to pull the plug to silence it.

I'd like to see these Sunnis try to act tough if Saddam was given full control again. They would beg and plead like babies and he would still lay them out in shallow graves.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Arrest them all- Get them all. Put them all away.

Who cares.

By the same token, arrest the entire Bin Laden family instead of flying them out to safety a day or two after September 11. Tell them we changed our minds.
EVERYONE MUST DIE.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
dgtempe
Of course its one thing to be a fundamentalist Muslim. It's not your fault if you are told that the world evolves round holy men; that yours is the true religion and everyone else is in sin. It's not your fault if you are forced to go to Church or a Mosque and in time you are indoctrinated into an authoritarian religion.

They are still the enemy through until they respect the beliefs and ways of others. Even so just like it wasn’t all the Germans fault in which trench they thought in world war one or two, you can still have sympathy with them.

The people who lobby our government for profit, the ones who send our countrymen to fight a war with a lie between their head as a justification; these people are the real enemy (until they at least learn the ways of honesty and decency). Especially honesty as that is always an enemy of liberty as its authoritarian in nature (certainly when you think about it).
These are the people who really belong in mass grave; and since much of Iraq's government isn't too dissimilar to the ones in our own it looks as though Saddam had yet to finish the job. Now maybe I understand why we went to war in Iraq!! Was it a matter of brotherhood between those who lick the devils foot?

The point is that I have more respect for the most extreme Muslim fundamentalist than I have for some of the people who corrupt our government. They have no indoctrination to excuse the damage they cause to our nation, the will of our people, or indeed our freedom (regarding “anti terrorist” legislation).

Nether do I have much sympathy with those demanding they have Saddam's daughter and wife. I mean is it really about putting the past to rest? Or leaving the world a better place? Or is it a small conspiracy against those peoples human liberty? For helping her husband defend himself against the things he will be found guilty of anyway (no matter how many lawyers get killed). To me the whole thing looks almost sadistic in nature, and says a lot more about the persons making those demands.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join