It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points on BTS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
How come no points are recieved for posting on BTS..

I thought on ATS you got points for the posting in entertainment and people?..Faith & Spirituality is like the religous forum,maybe not as many points as you get on ATS but i think you should get some..

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
YA! and the mudpit too ... lets start a BTS revolution!

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
William's working on that... I think he might also figuring just what the "ranges" are for a board like this. You know, something like silly - - - fun.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Far as o know..that on another bts thread somewhere william did say that he would be sorting out a points thread...at some point

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ok...well it shouldnt be like you get on ats for posts,maybe just 1 point per post..

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I don't think that points should be implemented on BTS. It'll just distract from ATS and people will be posting there more often than on ATS. BTS was made to help keep the clutter off ATS. THe points system was made to reward quality contributions and encourage avtive participation. Putting points on BTS kinda kills the point of it, since ATS is the real reason for points.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Points encourage traffic. That is the purpose of a website.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
There will be some unique way of measuring contributions to BTS... just not sure yet.

I want to do something beyond the dull and boreing display of how many posts a member has... thinking about it...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I dont remember much from calculus but you could do something with the thread intitation subsquent post attaction to that thread. Like some measure of popularity variance as indicated by thread post weight. *shrugs* Of course you'd need to qualify it with some kind of status token, like a rock or pointy object ... ahhhh i need a beer.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I remember Chit Chat carrying a couple of points per post. If that's gone at "BTS", so be it.

I am really more concerned for the quality of topics and discussion at ATS in the past couple of weeks. There are more active members than just dragonrider no longer posting. I looked around for 20 minutes just now.

Some good newish members like Nerdling offering good thoughts but otherwise:

?

Sorry, having a judgmental day today...

new topics

top topics

join