It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The duality of man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I always attributed the Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde nature of man to the human brain and it's 2 halves. We actually have 2 brains.

Now, I study the mind more than anything else in this world, and always find it hard not to consider that mind and brain are the same thing. The left side of our brain is more active in males, and right side in females. It's really wonderful and science will never figure out how the brain truly works.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
So... were you just making a statement or what?

On a sidenote, the name of my first album is The Duality Of Man

In response to your statement though, I think there is definately a way to unlock the potential in either your left or right brain. I know this because I never understood how music worked or even how to write it or compose it, and I always just thought it was something I'd never understand, then one day it all seemed to just click, it was crazy.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Great name for an album. I was making a statement hoping to speak to psychologists about the 2 brains and the role they play in our schizophrenic nature. I think your ability to play music is almost like Mozart's ability. Sometimes tunes can be created in our mind and writing music is sometimes unnecassary especially rock music, hiphop, and techno. Classical music must be written, so mozart was truly a genius.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The tree of the knowledge of good and evil--

the experience granted through duality toward true unity

Unity starts from within and comes full circle.

But it is not dissolution of black in order to make white, or evil (misery or pain) eradicated by good (love is the cure, but we need an ill to cure so we can keep the cure around)

It is 7 colors combined as a rainbow---first white light, a crystal, then the rainbow...the ultimate victory of the rainbow is its return to white light--it comes and goes according to it's means and can never be grasped with hands but lifts up the heart every time we see it! For it is a promise! No threat--no conditions! Straight up promise for every living thing--elephants and cockroaches, too!

But the crystal must be clear...

God is not a man, nor is God a woman. God 'the Father' is actually more than that:
THE

My soul is not female--just my body. My soul knows it is adrogynous both gender-wise and virtue-wise....

But if I let God's eye direct me instead of my two human eyes--then my eye is single, my whole being filled with light, and as that beautiful angel Bob Marley once sang:

when the morning gathers the rainbow...want you to know i'm a rainbow too....

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I agree. The 3rd eye once discovered it genderless. the body's purposes are to create and reproduce only. So if one is truly enlightened then they would possess both male and female qualities and traits.

Yes Bob marley would of made me proud. We are the rainbow too. We are trapped energy . The rainbow is free energy ! remember the 7 colors and their representations.

1-Ultraviolet
2-Infared
3-Radio
4- Micro
5-Gamma
6- Xray
7- Visible light

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
I always attributed the Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde nature of man to the human brain and it's 2 halves. We actually have 2 brains.

Now, I study the mind more than anything else in this world, and always find it hard not to consider that mind and brain are the same thing. The left side of our brain is more active in males, and right side in females. It's really wonderful and science will never figure out how the brain truly works.

Actually we have 8 brains, and one could argue from that point that we have 16, or perhaps even more... What I refer to here is Timothy Leary's 8-Brain "Theory" or 8-Brain model to demonstrate human evolution, from older more self-serving brains to newer more creative "we"-serving brain... the 4 older ones being Tribe-al, Fued-al, Mechanic-al, and Soci-al... and the four newer ones being Sensu-al, Information-al, Genetic-al, and Atomic-al. He goes on to explain the much exaggerated chemical metamorphosis of our time has not been from no drugs to drugs but from one kind of drugs to another... From Mood Change drugs to Brain Change drugs... and then he goes into detail about our different brains, bio-survival circuit, emotional circuit, dexteriry-symbolism circuit, socio-sexual circuit, cyber-somatic circuit, the cyber electronic circuit, and finally the cyber-genetic circuit. Than he goes into detail about DNA-RNA and a bunch of other related theories... all in the book Neuropolitique by Timothy Leary...

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well, if anyone is an expert on drugs and brains, it would certainly have to be Timothy Leary!

But seriously--that is interesting, dnero. I'll have to check that out.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Wow, interesting..8 brains. I understand that actually. He probably means the layers of the brain in general. I said in a post somewhere, not sure where , but it was about our brain and its development from a fish's brain. The layer on top of that was the reptilian brain, then the bird's brain..lol, and then mammalian life came about and another layer evolved. Our brain probably has the same components of a birds. If we strip away all of the human elements from it. It's like building a house and revising it ever million years. But if someone was to look at the model of the human brain, they will see that it's to halves joined to form one. It's inevitable.

new topics

top topics

join