It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shamans of the amazon.....Must Watch!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
very good film about shamans and the sacred use of ayahusca and dmt.
and how it can be used to connect with spiritual worlds and help us become one with nature and earth...

its very nice and very informative, and its not even an hour long

shamans of the amazon

Mod Edit: CAP title

[edit on 9-10-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thank you very much do you have any other interesting information about amazon shamans and obeahs??

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ok. This thread, which promotes a video (linked) is about using hallucinigens for religious experiences.
I'm, not a prude, by any means, but I think it violates a couple rules of this site.
Are you promoting drugs, their use, or the religious aspect ?

Curious,
Lex

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I enjoyed the video Divine Chronic, thanks for sharing.

I would like to experience a guided "religious experience" myself sometime.

I have found alot of information that suggests that the bridge to spirit worlds and access to higher light is to be found through activating the pineal gland and it's secretions.

In response to the last poster, I myself don't see this as drug use, but as natural herbology which can be used to enhance our perception of our world and possibly other worlds as well. It is a shame that someone would seek to close a thread based on prejudices and lack of an open mind.

Shamans have been around for a very long time and they practice a lost art that I am glad to see firsthand accounts on the video.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Oh, I have quite an open mind. It's been "herbally" expanded more than I can count, when I was younger.
Fact is, if I did this and called it religion, here in the U.S., If caught, I'd be practicing my now non-herbal religion in prison.
Just my opinion, and my take on the practice. If it's legal there, cool. More power to 'em.
To show it on a site that has underage, impressionable viewers....do YOU want that responsibility ? " But MOM !!! ATS said it was O.K." !!!
I don't.

Again, just my opinion.
Lex

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
No offense Lexion, but ATS didn't say anything was OK. Divine Chronic simply posted a video link about Shamans in the Amazon. Why isn't it OK to share culture? How different is this than Trytomines and God?

You may be overreacting just a bit.

If a teenager gets a plane ticket and flys miles away to the jungle and eats a cactus I doubt if it is because they watched this video.

This is about a spiritual experience, not recreational use of drugs.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ok, my conscience is clean.

If it's purely spiritual, then as I said...more power to 'em.
I'm not over-reacting, in my view, but..eh.

Lex

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
Are you promoting drugs, their use, or the religious aspect ?

This is just my opinion of course, but I feel that the OP is just letting us see a glimpse of how a different culture of people are leading their lives in this great wide world of ours in 2006. What's wrong with that?

If you are interested in this subject, may I recommend the book "The Cosmic Serpent" by Jeremy Narby. It's a very interesting read indeed.

Narby’s central message is that shamanic knowledge, gained from direct communication with certain hallucinogenic plants, predates by centuries if not millennia modern scientific data about the basis of life. He notes that shamanic visions of entwined or double serpents, recorded throughout history and across the world, foreshadowed in remarkable detail the twentieth-century discovery of the double-helix or “twisted ladder” structure of DNA, the fundamental molecule of life.

Many shamans use special plant “guides,” such as ayahuasca, peyote, or psilocybin mushrooms, along with special chants, whistles, drumming, or dancing to prepare the mind for receiving altered states of consciousness capable of penetrating alternative realities. In Narby’s case, his “spirit-guide” was ayahuasca, and he writes of his first initiation:

"These enormous snakes are there, my eyes are closed and I see a spectacular world of brilliant lights, and in the middle of these hazy thoughts, the snakes start talking to me without words. They explain that I am just a human being. I feel my mind crack, and in the fissures, I see the bottomless arrogance of my presuppositions. It is profoundly true that I am just a human being, and, most of the time, I have the impression of understanding everything, whereas here I find myself in a more powerful reality that I do not understand at all and that, in my arrogance, I did not even suspect existed. I feel like crying in view of the enormity of these revelations. Then it dawns on me that this self-pity is a part of my arrogance. I feel so ashamed that I no longer dare feel ashamed."

[edit on 9/10/06 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
[edit on 9-10-2006 by interestedalways]

new topics

top topics

join