It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'dragonball z' live-action movie, any info needed...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
this is a call to all 'dragonball z' fans...

the rumors of a DBZ live-action movie have been around for years...

let's get to the bottom of this huge (well for me at least) mystery and find out whether or not this movie is to be made...

please post any credible info and rumors about this movie in this thread...

(credible info is the main thing though)...

thanks you...

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I remember hearing about this, there was even an IMDB entry but it was taken a while ago. I am sure it is now dead in the water

That said I would still love to see it made even though I havent watched DBZ for a few years now

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost Gauge
I remember hearing about this, there was even an IMDB entry but it was taken a while ago. I am sure it is now dead in the water

That said I would still love to see it made even though I havent watched DBZ for a few years now

damn it

this movie would be huge (visually, if done right, and just in general)...

i haven't watched it in years either :shk:

i should watch it again though...

i loved it (and still do)...

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
They must get Stephen Chow to make this movie!

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
They must get Stephen Chow to make this movie!

I really agree, I was thinking about suggesting it myself.

I dont know about who you would cast but I have always felt Bill Goldberg of pro wrestling fame looks like the perfect Nappa to me, if they use that bad guy. For Piccolo I think Michael Jai White or Raze from Underworld (I think the name is Kevin Grevioux) would fit nicely. I havent really gave much though on the others

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As far as I read in Wikipedia, it is listed under 2008 upcoming movie listings. Try searching in Wikipedia.com the keyword "2006 movies" and then look click the "2007 in film" link and then click the "2008 in film" link. Scroll down to see the list of upcoming 2008 movies but of course, some movies could change date of release.

Unfortunately, the dragonball z movie article is already an article for deletion.

[edit on 7/2/06 by VincentValentine]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't think they could pull it off. It's pretty tough to move from comic/cartoon to live action without screwing up either the story or the effects. If it ever was made it would need the backing of a major studio.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yeh, this is old news, I heard that there isn't gonna be a live action film (Atleast thats what FUNimation said).

DBZ would make an awesome live action movie if all visual effects were done right and of course the directing and plot were done right as well. It would be really cool to see how they would make the Super Sayain Jin hair look like.

DBZ forever!

i14.photobucket.com...

[edit on 2-7-2006 by Striker122]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
As a veteran of watching DBZ since the 4th grade (frieza saga) and up until the Majin Buu saga, I think it would be great if they could but like Rasobasi420 said:

Quote:
posted on 2-7-2006 at 11:28 AM

"I don't think they could pull it off. It's pretty tough to move from comic/cartoon to live action without screwing up either the story or the effects."

It would be really tough to make it. Lots of green screen of course and effects would be crazy enough to make as well. All we can do is HOPE...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I would only watch it for Piccolo and maybe Cell...

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
if they did make a DBZ movie, i think they should come up with a better cast, like

goku- matt leblanc, brendan fraser, keanu reeves(maybe)
vegeta-gary sinise, hugo weaving, christian slater
piccolo- vin diesel
raditz- christian bale
yamcha- jerry oconnell, ashton kutcher(younger version)
master roshi- ian mcellan
krillin- chris kattan, vern troyer(younger version)
nappa- goldberg is a good choice, but also the guy at the beginning of troy
bulma- tea leoni, ashley judd, mira sorvino, mary kate/ashley olsen(younger version)
chi chi- lucy lui, the chick from house of flying daggers
gohan- the kid from godsend(saiyan/frieza saga) jeremy sumpter(cell saga)george from scary movie 3(buu saga)
tien- the guy at the beginning of troy if not chosen for the part of nappa(older version), chad micheal murray(younger version)
chao tsu- vern troyer

these are my choices for now, if anyone wants to know who i choose for other parts just ask.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
i also agree that stephen chow should make the movie, but he should get some help from brett ratner, he really did a good job with xmen 3, and they should keep akira to help them too, he is the creator.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yup, Toei said no live action DBZ. Actually, there is a hack Chinese movie based on DBZ, but from all the sources I've seen this movie wasn't technically legal. Also it's supposed to be utterly horrible. Like wire frame stunts where you see the wires the whole time horrible. Not to mention the hair is one of the clown wigs painted black and then yellow.

I'd be wary of this in live action, especially it it was made here in the States. Let Japan or Korea make it and it'd probably be pretty sweet.

I'm waiting on the EVA stuff to come out. WETA is working on preprod stuff now so we may actually see it before the end of this decade, but who knows.

-O

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yup, Toei said no live action DBZ. Actually, there is a hack Chinese movie based on DBZ, but from all the sources I've seen this movie wasn't technically legal. Also it's supposed to be utterly horrible. Like wire frame stunts where you see the wires the whole time horrible. Not to mention the hair is one of the clown wigs painted black and then yellow.

I'd be wary of this in live action, especially it it was made here in the States. Let Japan or Korea make it and it'd probably be pretty sweet.

I'm waiting on the EVA stuff to come out. WETA is working on preprod stuff now so we may actually see it before the end of this decade, but who knows.

-O

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
They already did an old school "Dragonball" live action
www.imdb.com...
I've never seen it, but apparently it was recently on Telemundo, and I missed it. I'm kicking myself.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
www.imdb.com...
I've never seen it, but apparently it was recently on Telemundo, and I missed it. I'm kicking myself.

pa-lease...

it was nothing (based on what i heard)...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
ahem...

time to be honest.

There was a time when I was a huge DBZ freak, was when they first started showing on CN, I remember I was like in 11th or so heh, I'd go to my friend jamies house and kick it with her and my after school crew, we'd partake in the ritualistic after school smoke, then watch dbz while we did that...

Before this I had only seen DBZ a few times and that was 7/8th grade heh I bought some krillin action figure and would carry it around for novelty effect heh. Mainly bought it cause it happened to look like my good friend Champ

I wasn't that into it until I saw Vegita.
I was like whoa, that's a good villian

Now granted after the whole vegita series it started getting a lil lame for me but I watched anyways I mean I watched that long, Frieza and the whole Cell games....

Then Buu was kinda... stupid.

It's like the villians got fruiter and fruiter.

Really didn't care for Garlic jr crap.

I just wonder in this movie if they're going to make it 8 hours long ya know with all the
YOU ARE IN SO MUCH CRAP SOON AS I POWER UP!!!!!!

I also don't want them to ruin Vegitas voice (english voice) I mean it fit him so well imo, loved his cocky attitude.

Then I went through a DBZ denial phase of basically hating DBZ cause it was just drawn out too long.

But man I loved it when they first met Vegita, and Piccilo wasnt really an ally yet.

It'll be interesting ot see how they do this movie...

I mean they get so powerful in the later episodes that why do they even bother fighting ya know? just power up and do a super attack.

Oh btw, I use to play the hell out of Bodukai on ps2 and bodukai II

VEGITA 4 EVAH! :p

Also another turn off about DBZ was I was living in Dallas, and I'd always see asian gangs with spikey blonde SS hair and would crack on them... heh i couldnt resist

Maybe I was just jealous I couldn't spike my hair that high, thus my Wayne Static obession...

ramble ramble ramble

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
www.imdb.com...

Here is a 3 minute clip.

DB: The Magic Begins - Goku vs Gohan

I'll get my hands on a copy of the full thing

To be honest I like Dragon Ball over DBZ. Like Lys, I grew tired of the 10 episodes of powering up before the "real" fight. I thought the Freeza saga would never end. The American edits also turned me off the show.

Hercule?

No! Mr.Satan!

The edits turned DBZ intoa kiddie show. I do have the first 3 DVD of the uncut DBZ. Those are pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
ya know I started reading a web comic "Buttlord GT" which makes fun of the absurdity of DB Z/GT lol

I'm sure it's still around.

It's great if you know your DBZ and have.... a sense of humor relative to mine heh.

it starts off in the middle of DBZ series lol.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join