It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who: Army of Ghosts (Part 1/2 Season 2 Finale) *SPOILERS*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
WOW. That is all I can say. Cybermen, Mickey, Torchwood, and Black Daleks...OH MY.
I have ALWAYS wanted to see an all out battle between those two forces for as long as I've been a fan of this great series. I sure hope they don't team up together, that would sux, and would go against the Dalek prime directive to make sure that Dalek-kind is the supreme lifeform in the universe.

Also it's quite clear that Rose is gonna buy the farm in this episode. That would make it Fatality Number 5.

I hope that the Earth gets destroyed though so the Doctor can't come back there ever again and will force the writers to ... umm ... actually be .... creative with their settings instead of just using Earth over and over again... My only gripe(well that and Love and Monsters and Fear Her...)

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hmm, I thought they had pretty much written Mickey off a few episodse back when he went to that alternate universe. Too bad; I didn't really like him much. It is quite possible, as you say, that Rose will die, since that satan-alien said so, but they might do something silly like kill her in battle and then bring her back somehow. It would be slightly unusual if a Doctor's companion dies, though; in 29 seasons, I think this has happened like twice. You never know, though...

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Hmm, I thought they had pretty much written Mickey off a few episodse back when he went to that alternate universe. Too bad; I didn't really like him much. It is quite possible, as you say, that Rose will die, since that satan-alien said so, but they might do something silly like kill her in battle and then bring her back somehow. It would be slightly unusual if a Doctor's companion dies, though; in 29 seasons, I think this has happened like twice. You never know, though...

Actually if she dies, it will be the 5th companion, the last being Adric in the Peter Davison era(which at the time was a HUGE shocker)

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hmm, I do not remember there being that many. Alas, I have not seen all of the old episodes. I watched many as a child, and I have downloaded some off the internet, though they have been hard to find lately. I think Adric was one of the ones I did see die, though, and I seem to remember a young woman dying, too, but I can't recall her name.

I just watched this episode this evening, and I thought it was really good. I was wondering how they would bring Mickey back... that was nice. And pulling the daleks at the end was a stroke of genius. My prediction for the second half of this episode is that the Doctor somehow gets the cybermen and daleks to fight each other, since I don't see how he can beat millions of them by himself. (or maybe Rose could just look into the Tardis again... that was a cheap ending last season!)

I also thought that woman who was in charge of torchwood wasn't too bad looking...
Hope she doesn't die! :p

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Did you see that Black Woman when the earpieces started to take them over? Supposedly she is going to be the next Companion in the TARDIS. Probably be another one from the other Universe since the one in "our" universe is now dead.

My prediction for the second half of this episode is that the Doctor somehow gets the cybermen and daleks to fight each other, since I don't see how he can beat millions of them by himself. (or maybe Rose could just look into the Tardis again... that was a cheap ending last season!)

I hope that doesn't happen. I hope the Doctor is right and that the Cybermen have won a victory(meaning he won't be coming back to Earth for a long while). I agree with that comment about the end of last season, totally ruined what started off as a good season Finale.... "Ladies, your ratings just went up!" - Capn Jack in the Buff.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It would be nice if the Doctor spent a little less time on Earth. The occasional episode now and then is fine, but with all the places in the universe to take Rose, he goes to the 2012 Olympics? Unless it's part of the plot, like how the 3rd doctor got banished to Earth, there isn't really a point to having him be there week after week.

I hope the leader of torchwood becomes his new companion...

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I doubt it. One reason why too. There is a new show called Torchwood staring Capn Jack that just wrapped up filming and are currently in post-production for a Sept-Oct Premier. It's a 21st Century Sci-Fi Crime Drama and I bet that she's gonna be one of the supporting cast. Another Who bit character is that Maid(or whatever) that was in that Charles Dickens Eccelston Episode with the Gelph possessing dead bodies. I know she died in that one, but supposedly this current incarnation is somehow connected to the one that died in the 19th Century.(She's supposed to be Johns Co-Star)

[edit on 3-7-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ooh
I heard about plans for a torchwood spinoff, but I hadn't seen anything that said how far along they were. That will definitely be on my to-watch list.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Everyones Dr Who dream comes true!

Counting the days till saturday, big alien war special. 50p says the daleks kick seven types out of everyone, until the doctor saves us.

And Rose is gone be 'upgraded!'

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
That was amazing! It had Action, Suspense, Drama, Many Surprises, and most of all, the so called "genesis ark" did not hold whom I thought it held. I was convinced that Davros was in that thing. Turns out it was much worse then that...

That Ending was such a tease too, now we'll have to wait for Christmas for "The Runaway Bride".

That ending was a 'lil cheap though, with Rose's "Father" coming into to rescue her in the nick of time.

Also you'll not that One Dalek is confirmed to have escaped and the "Cult of Skaro" lives on... which is fine by me.
I hope we learn more about this "Time War" next season though.

I'm still a bit miffed that Capn Jack was nowhere to be seen.............

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

Looks like we're both wrong. She's now a Cyberman, albiet a "malfunctioning" one at that. Maybe the Doctor will come back to "Cure" her since I don't think she was destroyed.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by sardion2000]

[edit on 8-7-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I just watched the second part tonight... If you will forgive the parody...

...best episode EVER. Within minutes I was on the internet, registering my pleasure throughout the world...

And yup that one dalek, at least, made a 'temporal shift', whatever that was, hehe. Probably some sort of time travel, since if I remember right, daleks knew how to do that. I suspected that daleks were buffer than cybermen, but that was just plain embarrassing for the cybers; they couldn't even kill one dalek :p

I've been wondering, though, the cybermen have recurred a few times lately, and the doctor has not employed their old weakness of gold. IN the old series, he used to carry around gold dust and throw it at them, and it would mess them up somehow.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I've been wondering, though, the cybermen have recurred a few times lately, and the doctor has not employed their old weakness of gold. IN the old series, he used to carry around gold dust and throw it at them, and it would mess them up somehow.

Something about Corrosion IIRC. The Gold dust was supposed to get into the circuitry and corrode and short curcuit their various motor funcitons and stuff like that.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Sorry for resurrecting this, but a thought just suddenly hit me like a bolt of lightning, and I thought I'd put it up. The dalek that escaped in the season finale, could that be the dalek that made it into the first season in Dalek? It went into a 'temporal shift' which sounds like time travel to me.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
They're not the same Dalek.

The Dalek in Dalek was only a soldier Dalek, which is why it needed orders. It was damaged during the Time War and fell through a time crack before crashing on Earth.

Dalek Sec was a Dalek Supreme who had a name for a start, and was in charge of his little task force, and was also a member of the Cult of Skaro who had more power than the Dalek Emperor. He never took part in the Time War and instead (IMO) infiltrated Gallifrey (Time Lord home planet), stole the prison ship and left.

His temporal shift means that we haven't seen the last of the Daleks yet, despite them being officially extinct.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Something about Corrosion IIRC. The Gold dust was supposed to get into the circuitry and corrode and short curcuit their various motor funcitons and stuff like that.

Actually it was because gold DOESN'T corrode that it defeated them. It stayed in their respiratory system and choked them. Originally at least.

I don't really understand how later Cybermen could practically look at gold and suddenyl start dieing.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades

Originally posted by sardion2000

Actually it was because gold DOESN'T corrode that it defeated them. It stayed in their respiratory system and choked them. Originally at least.

I don't really understand how later Cybermen could practically look at gold and suddenyl start dieing.

I knew it was something about Corrosion.

new topics

top topics

join