It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mason Question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have a question for some of the masons on this site. If it can be answered. I'm sure it has been asked before but I have a unique spin on the question.

I am interested in becoming a Mason. I do not know anything about the Masons really, but an older gentleman I used to spend a good deal of time with was a member and was very proud to be one. He had Masonry memorabilia all over his house and had those little emblems on his car. I was pretty young at the time, so asking him about becoming a member was out of the question, and whenever I would ask about what they were, he would chuckle and play up the whole secrecy thing(just for his amusement I think). Anyways, the old man died recently, and I never really got to ask him about it. I moved to Tulsa, OK about 3 months ago and discovered a huge building for the Scottish Masonic Rite. I will not lie to you and say that my interest in joining is not partly because of the mystery behind it, but I do feel like I would be honoring my friend by joining.

My question I guess, is how to join. I know, I need to ask someone. But I would like to know SOMETHING about the organization before asking. I don't want to sound like to much of a clown going up to some stranger and asking to join, and not having a good response when I'm asked why. Any help or response is appreciated.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
To join you just need to believe in a 'higher being' , what that is however is a grey area.
I would think very carefully about joining such an organisation.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
I have a question for some of the masons on this site. If it can be answered. I'm sure it has been asked before but I have a unique spin on the question.

I am interested in becoming a Mason. I do not know anything about the Masons really, but an older gentleman I used to spend a good deal of time with was a member and was very proud to be one. He had Masonry memorabilia all over his house and had those little emblems on his car. I was pretty young at the time, so asking him about becoming a member was out of the question, and whenever I would ask about what they were, he would chuckle and play up the whole secrecy thing(just for his amusement I think). Anyways, the old man died recently, and I never really got to ask him about it. I moved to Tulsa, OK about 3 months ago and discovered a huge building for the Scottish Masonic Rite. I will not lie to you and say that my interest in joining is not partly because of the mystery behind it, but I do feel like I would be honoring my friend by joining.

My question I guess, is how to join. I know, I need to ask someone. But I would like to know SOMETHING about the organization before asking. I don't want to sound like to much of a clown going up to some stranger and asking to join, and not having a good response when I'm asked why. Any help or response is appreciated.

Freemasonry allows all men who believe in One Almighty Creator, regardless of faith, to meet and work toward charity. There is likely a Blue Lodge nearby where you can meet and speak with Fremasons who would be happy to answer your questions in real-time face-to-face.

What exactly do you want to know?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Qualifications to be a mason according to their critics:

1. Love to power trip.
2. Believe you are superior to everyone else.
3. Love the idea of learning the 'hidden knowledge' unavailable to the rest of the rabble.
4. Want to make more money.
5. Love rituals just for the sake of ritual.
6. Want to spend the rest of your life defending an ideology that you don't really understand.
7. You have lots of money to burn in order to pay all those extra fees.
8. You have your evenings free to attend meetings or study incomprehensible writings just so that you can conform.

there are others I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Nicotine, I'm sending you a U2U. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

top topics

join