It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what gun is this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

what gun is this?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
bodrul that is a steyr aug......manufactured in Austria

world.guns.ru...

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Pretty sure that's a Steyr Aug, bu something about it doesn't seem right. Looks a bit small, maybe a new model?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
maybe a new model?

looks like it
since its quite compact

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

what gun is this?

Looks like a gun I saw from the State of Isreal.

[edit on 1-7-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yes, that is an Austrian Steyr AUG. It is the short barrelled version (You can change the barrels out easily).

I can't tell for sure from that photo, but I think that it is still the 5.56mm version, rather than the 9mm Parabellum, judging by the magazine.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Great gun. Well from experience from Ghost Recon the game

Actaully, I have no useful input, just thats I use it in Ghost Recon all the time lol

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The United States needs to replace their M-16s b/c there are now other nations who have already gotten modern weapons. But I know they are doing it but it wont come out right away. I guess they are saving their time to make a whole new one that will be better than they ever had before. Isnt that what the US is all about being better than everyone else.

[edit on 1-7-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
AUG is hardly a modern weapon, it was first adopted by Austrian army 1977...
The gun the picture is AUG A1 5.56 SMG with 350mm barrel (standard rifle variant ha 508mm barrel) and it's a Police edition (black body, army versions have green stocks)

[edit on 1-7-2006 by northwolf]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
The United States needs to replace their M-16s b/c there are now other nations who have already gotten modern weapons. But I know they are doing it but it wont come out right away. I guess they are saving their time to make a whole new one that will be better than they ever had before. Isnt that what the US is all about being better than everyone else.

not necessarily because we're playing an international game of 'the joneses', but militarily, you're damned right we want to have better equipment than the rest of the world. that's how soldiers stay alive, how wars are won. if i had to choose between a medieval armory and space age weapons to equip my countries military with, you're damned right i'd be looking at using the best i could, and to hell with the rest of the world.

the military isn't there because we play nice.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Actually I think it's the 9mm version, but it's hard to judge since the magazine is not very visible, it does look slender...

Steyr AUG Para is my vote.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yeah its the AUG it comes as a main body which can then be converted into a 9mm SMG and uses a short barrel turning it into a SMG kind of like a H&K MP5 style SMG gun. It was most likely a 9MM SMG Conversion on there AUG gun.

Heres a picture of the Gun 9mm :

Picture link

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Yep, now i'm sure, it's the 9mm Para AUG.

That's pretty neat.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I've always wondered... Is that attachment a scope? I know it ain't no ACOG and it just looks to small to really be anything, what exactly is that attachment?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The "handle" is 1,5X scope...
The attachment in the barrel is a flashlight...

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
The "handle" is 1,5X scope...
The attachment in the barrel is a flashlight...

Sure it's a scope? I just thought it looked way too slender for the mechanism.

Durr, I know that's a flashlight. I'm not a complete imbicil.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Last time i handled an AUG it had a scope there

100% it's 1,5X scope, not a very good one compared to most modern combat sights, but better than nothing, the sights diameter is about the same as in my 4x scope on my air rifle... but hey the gun/sight combo was first fielded '77 so pretty advanced for the time

Latest A2 and A3 versions have a picantinny rails for sight/accessory mounting

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Good call peeps.

It is most def the .9mm AUG - complete with flashlight [or torch to we Brits] and the x 1.5 scope.

If you look very carefully, just behind the elbow, you can see the 9 milly mag extension

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The easiest way to find what gun it was for example if it is 9mm or 5.56 what you do is take a look at the barrel tip the muzzle break.

The 9mm has basically a straight barrell with no curves or contours just a straight line barrel surface :

handgun.kapyar.ru...
www.steyr-aug.com...

now take a look at the "SMG" version of the 5.56 it has a curvy wavy barrell texture on the outside :

Picture 1
www.steyr-aug.com...
www.steyr-aug.com...

That gun in the first posters post is 100% without a doubt a 9mm as shown by the photographic comparason in the sites that i have posted.

Here is a picture that i made in photoshop to explain the difference :

new topics

top topics

join