It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunnis Urged to Fight Shiites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
In a second audio tape released by OBL he urges sunnis to continue fighting Shiites. This came from a web site late Friday. He also says that The Sunnis are experiencing annihilation. Sources also say that this tape is consistent with other audio messages released by OBL. He also uses strong language against the Shiites, such as rejections, Traitors, and agents of the Americans.

www.cnn.com
The al Qaeda leader says that Sunnis in Iraq are experiencing annihilation. Bin Laden also says that the only way for them to win freedom is by "holding on to their jihad" and ousting the occupying power from Iraq.

The message came on a 19-minute audiotape posted late Friday. It was the second message from bin Laden released this week.

CNN cannot confirm the authenticity of the tape, but As-Sahab Media said on its Web site earlier this week that another bin Laden message was expected soon.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, this is centennially something new. The worlds most famous terrorist who hates Americans above all else is not urging ethnic violence among people in the region of the world that he lives in. My first thought was that this OBL recording is not authentic. He voice and tones could be copied, and it was just played with a back drop of his pic. Not to reliable I would think. My second thought is that this is just the continuation of the millennia long conflict to wipe out life in the part of the world where civilization began.

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au
news.bbc.co.uk
today. reuters.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
TERRORISM: Al-Jazeera Aires New Bin Laden Tape
What Bin Laden wants: Open letter to US

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Well, this is centennially something new. The worlds most famous terrorist who hates Americans above all else is not urging ethnic violence among people in the region of the world that he lives in.

Huh? Maybe I misread the first paragraph:

(CNN) -- Osama bin Laden in a tape posted on the Web encourages Sunnis in Iraq to retaliate against Shiites, deviating from al Qaeda's stand of not promoting sectarian violence.

He also wants to take Somalia by force to spread his terrorism.

The good news from all of this is that he sees that his days are numbered, and his cause is lost.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Jsobecky
Thanks for the aditional Info. It is really no suprise that OBL wants to take Somalia. The sad part is with the state that the country is in. It could prove to be sucessfull enuff. But what is the indicator that leads to his days being numbered and his cause being lost?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

fromRedGolem
But what is the indicator that leads to his days being numbered and his cause being lost?

Well, his tone is getting increasingly desperate. He acknowledges the fact that the Shiites are winning in Iraq. He cautions the world not to join the US call for international troops in Somalia. He sees his support slipping away as we close down his financial lifelines.

You are right; Somalia is next. At this point, al Qaeda is pretty much unchallenged there. That's too bad; we should be nipping it in the bud before they become too entrenched. But right now, we're up to our neck in alligators as we try to drain the swamp in Iraq and Afghanistan. And there is still Syria and Iran to deal with.

The world is finally realizing that terrorism is a global problem. Too bad the coalition had to bear the full brunt of proving that to them.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Jsobecky,
I guess I did not try to read into the tone of OBL. But then again I cant really call you wrong either. I do think his statments in this last audio relise does show some desperation. So I also hope that this desperation is because his network is falling apart. Its just I feel it could be one or two other things that I am not aware of also.

new topics

top topics

join