It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Academic Disciplines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Do academic disciplines form secret societies? Initiate called students are subject to initiation procedures involve heavy stress and indoctrination. They are taught esoteric subjects with special in-word vocabulary. After mastering the occult doctrines they are granted for which they can earn degrees.

Degrees are granted at special ceremonies, where special religious garbs are worn. Through these means, students are inducted into higher levels of the cult. This whole process is heavily subsidized by the government, which uses these secret societies to its own advantage. However, student's and their family are often heavily taxed, often to the point of putting students into debt-slavery to this merciless, gready secret society.

At the pinnacle are professors, tenured into their exalted status for life. Heavily funded by the government to perpetuate the official ideology or research further instruments of war or industry, these professors mercilessly compete to best harness the in-doctrines within their respective cults.

These professors gather together in great hall and conferences throughout the country, where they meet to refine their esoteric doctrines. Neglecting traditional religion, they confine themselves to ceremonies with intense sophistry of self-phrase, and ignoramus-excitement of the great and the secret of estoric doctrine.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have been to college and I studied such "esoteric" things as English, History, Sociology, Physics, and Christianity, to name a few. These subjects are hardly secrets and colleges are open to anyone who would like to attend and is able. There nothing occult about it in my experience.

I think it's a bit of a strech to compare a University to a secret society.

I would be interested in knowing if you have attended college and if you had some unusual experience there that would lead to you such beliefs.

I remember when I started college. I attended 3 different Universities. I don't remember any initiation or indoctrination process. I also knew many of my professors on a personal level and none of them neglected traditional religion.

How did you arrive at the ideas that you posted? In what ways do you think that Universities should change so as to not be "secret societies?"

new topics

join