It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are happier than Europeans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You know I've been hearing alot about how America is going down the drain. And that Americans are miserable in general. At least thats what I hear from alot of people who lets just say aren't from here. But I don't see that in my daily life. I don't see people dying in the streets of illness or malnutrition. Most people I come in contact with are relatively happy with their present situation or are at least optimistic.

So I just decided to compare how Americans feel about their lives to how Europeans feel about how things are going over there. And found this Harris Poll survey.

Americans are happier than Europeans

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Yes...maybe people are suffering more. That explains why people are becoming laid back and easy going now. Just live everyday like it's your last. Most people have it so bad, yet remain optimistic.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Haven't seen much suffering around here. Other than when I see someone gasing up
But I honestly don't see society collapsing around me. People may have it more difficult than they did ten years ago. But that is largely due to having a complete failure in the Oval Office. But his time to step down will come. And we'll leave Iraq probably in the not to distant future.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well, the oval office might have alot to do with it, but this is 30 years in the making at least. Our military is the world's military. Americans work everyday to support foreign investors and their corporations. In 30 years US will be like D.R or P.R. American land with hispanics living in it. Well, I love hispanics but it just proves that this country has no roots, except for the people who invest in our country and the brainwashed residents who keep it going. .it's one big economic conquest .

But people's overall attitudes are better here. If anything, them europeans are spoiled more than we are now, and they think who they are. Soon, they will be the ignorants.

[edit on 7/3/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I can tell you why Americans are so happy. Its the OTHER reason people on ATS make fun of us:

Because we are fat.

We eat and drink all the time. We work hard; we play harder. We live to par-TAY, dude.

Americans want to eat drink, mate, and take a nap. Rinse and repeat

So yeah. Americans test as happy because we are not denying ourselves. We are "carb-loading" in preparation for the coming economic disaster.

People on diets are killjoys.

Dude, are you gonna eat the rest of that BBQ sandwich? Can I have it????

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
lmao ! funniest post ive encountered yet ! seriously. Carb loading !....I say that all the time..harsh times in an economic disaster . I need my beer belly !

top topics

join