It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to auction off Iranian treasures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is an all time low move even for the Americans. There isn't even any proof the Iranians where involved and this attack was in 1997 at that time the Iraninas didn't even fund Hammas suicide bombings.

news.yahoo.com...

Link

Iran threatens to retaliate if US auctions off treasures Sat Jul 1, 11:16 AM ET

TEHRAN (AFP) - Iran has threatened to retaliate if the United States moves to auction off invaluable ancient Persian artefacts to compensate victims of a Hamas bombing in Israel.

"If America lays claim to Iranian assets to implement some of its courts' rulings, it will face a similar measure from Tehran," Foreign Minister Manuchehr Mottaki told the official IRNA news agency.

Are they actually going to show any evidence of how Iran was Involved? Or are they going to pull another Saddam Hussain Iraqs WMD stunt here as well.

This is just another attack on Iran from a long history of american arrogence and violence towards the innocent people of Iran:

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think they are looking to provoke and incite terrorists to attack us here. Seriously. More reparations to israel? I wonder if the Palestinians will be entitled to such things. Must be nice to have an entire country as large as the USA as a personal valet and concierge.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think Iran should hit back by sending surface to air missiles like the SA-7b to Iraq and wire guided anti-tank missiles to Iraq.

And when the Tank gets destoryed try and recover the composite armour from it and and aircraft knocked out like helicopters etc... recover there communications systems etc... and sell them to the Russians and Chinese for Money. That will teach the Americans.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
I think Iran should hit back by sending surface to air missiles like the SA-7b to Iraq and wire guided anti-tank missiles to Iraq.

Just what Dubya wants
I surely hope someone in Iran takes your advice. There hasn't been enough explosions on the nightly news recently. I'm starved for cool warfootage. Plus the DOD has come out with some cool new toys

And when the Tank gets destoryed try and recover the composite armour from it and and aircraft knocked out like helicopters etc... recover there communications systems etc... and sell them to the Russians and Chinese for Money. That will teach the Americans.

Oh yeah that'll teach us. Just the same way 9-11 taught us huh
C'mon man how old are you
The second Iran starts anything they're going to be turned into the biggest radioactive waste pile on the planet boom

This is an all time low move even for the Americans.

Really I thought it was launching an aggressive and illegal war resulting in the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people. But no its confiscating Iranian government property just like Iran did back in 79(you know that whole embassy hostage thing).

There isn't even any proof the Iranians where involved and this attack was in 1997 at that time the Iranians didn't even fund Hamas suicide bombings

Where to start? Ah, how about some education outside of Al Qaeda sponsored web-sites.

www.totse.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Good luck getting that kind of response amigo. It wouldnt be the smartest move for Iran. But I will say that these items should be donated to a museum or something in Persia. If its history, I'm all for saving it. But the article you site says that the Univ. of Chicago gave back 300 pieces for museums in Iran. If it was in the U. of Chicagos possession then Iran cant make them give back anything, as possession is 99% of the law my friend. Not trying to flame, just telling you the way it is.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Of course lets all not forget that iran funds Hezbollah and they are currently funding hamas as well. Those poor "innocent" people of iran should tell their Govt. to quit funding terrorists.

Take a read about the innocent iranians.

iranmanif.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Thats brillant...
start a war with us.....havent the world already seen the reaction to 9/11? and that was more of a radical terrorist attack that stirred a hornets nest.....if they did this...well I wont even specualte but to say they may see some iranians raped and incenerated.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6

Where to start? Ah, how about some education outside of Al Qaeda sponsored web-sites.

www.totse.com...

But you still havent actually shown any proof that Iran funded the 1997 attacks in israel or even trainned Hamas to carry them out.

The article clearly stated Iran is being held accountable for a 1997 Bus bombings attack by Hamas. But no evidence has been submitted or shown that shows Iran is directly responsible for it. Please show evidence that Iran is involved becuase your article showns nothing.

Please can you show me some evidence that they have and hence they are responsible for paying compensation. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
If it was in the U. of Chicagos possession then Iran cant make them give back anything, as possession is 99% of the law my friend. Not trying to flame, just telling you the way it is.

Thats obviously debateable

thats what they say anyway :

"The University of Chicago is legally obliged to return Persepolis pieces," the head of Iran's National Museum, Mohammad Reza Kargar, was quoted as saying by state television.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by scarecrow19d
Of course lets all not forget that iran funds Hezbollah and they are currently funding hamas as well. Those poor "innocent" people of iran should tell their Govt. to quit funding terrorists.

Take a read about the innocent iranians.

iranmanif.com...

So what if they support Hezbollah. Israel invaded lebanon to remove the PLO and while it was doing this it carried out war crimes on Shia muslims and Iran came along and setup a Shai Hezbollah freedom-fighter group.

The Israeli setup the worsest terrorist orginisation in the region known as the SLA who are responsible for the murder of thousands of civillians and they also detonated car bombs/pipe bombs, toutured civllinas, kidanpped and launched raids against civillians.

When is Israel going to be punished.

Secondly you say they are currently funding hamas yet the article stated 1997 attack there is abolutly no proof what so ever that Iran was involved with that attack. If you have any information to show otherwsie please show it that they where involved in the 1997 attack.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Thats brillant...
start a war with us.....havent the world already seen the reaction to 9/11?

September 11 was a terrorist attack against civillians attacking soldiers and there equipment is not terrorism and less countries around the world will support america this time around.

if they did this...well I wont even specualte but to say they may see some iranians raped and incenerated.

Rape and murder

Try that # with the Iranians and see what they do with there ballistic missiles & car bombs on american bases in the middle east just like they did in Lebanon against the CIA and Marine barracks and by the looks of it only Americans marines where burning there after the truck bomb detonated and killed 241 marines.

Don;t confuse Iran for Iraq just becuase they share a few letters in there names the Irqis are Arab and the Iranians are persian/Iranian otherwise more marines could end up joining those 241 other marines.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thats brillant...
start a war with us.....havent the world already seen the reaction to 9/11? and that was more of a radical terrorist attack that stirred a hornets nest.....if they did this...well I wont even specualte but to say they may see some iranians raped and incenerated.

Brilliant is the right word, 9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq, and some of them got raped and incinerated nevertheless (hey is that now officially part of DC's policy? along with Torture Air and Guantanamo??)

sooo, let's summarize, they can lean back and be raped and incinerated OR they can annoy the west, or interfere in iraq and consequentially be raped and incinerated. sounds like a win-win situation!

heck if i were to supposed to be raped and incinerated, i'd demand something in return, say like popping an abrams or two? i know you would too

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I think they are looking to provoke and incite terrorists to attack us here. Seriously. More reparations to israel? I wonder if the Palestinians will be entitled to such things. Must be nice to have an entire country as large as the USA as a personal valet and concierge.

Just the USA???

How about much of the world? When you control the money supply... who cares who makes the laws of a country.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Try that # with the Iranians and see what they do with there ballistic missiles & car bombs on american bases in the middle east just like they did in Lebanon against the CIA and Marine barracks and by the looks of it only Americans marines where burning there after the truck bomb detonated and killed 241 marines.

Don;t confuse Iran for Iraq just becuase they share a few letters in there names the Irqis are Arab and the Iranians are persian/Iranian otherwise more marines could end up joining those 241 other marines.

A nice 'unbiased' view there!

One thing that really annoys me about this site is the use of 'my country is better than yours threads'.

To be honest and I do not mean to offend, but your posts are extremely similar to 'Mehran' who also ranted about the hail of deaths if Iran was invaded.

Oh and

Try that # with the Iranians and see what they do with there ballistic missiles & car bombs on american bases

Just another fine example on why Iran shouldn't be allowed nuclear weaponry.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with the US to auctioning off Iranian treasures...as they no longer belong to Iran..

and if they want them let them try to come over and get them...NOT

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Thats obviously debateable

thats what they say anyway :

"The University of Chicago is legally obliged to return Persepolis pieces," the head of Iran's National Museum, Mohammad Reza Kargar, was quoted as saying by state television.

According to who, they are legally obligated to return it? Iran, you must be kidding. Do Irans laws rule this land? I know you can answer that one and it should bring you to the final conclusion. Even so, I doubt the artifact would be destroyed, but it would be studied for its artistic and historical qualities, hardly wasted. Its up to U. of Chicago as to what they do with it not me.

top topics

join