It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI And Beyond

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
All I hope for is a robot that will have my breakfest ready when I get up in the morning, make my bed when I leave for work, clean the house while i'm gone, does the laundry and has supper ready when I walk thru the door at the end of my day. Then it goes and recharges itself.

What I don't want is a robot that will ask me how i'm feeling and wants me to explain how my day went and act concerned about my well being. If I wanted that I would have stayed married.

Ah the future. It holds such promise for us all.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
technology in general will be the cause of humanity's downfall. In a sense they have already taken over. We can go back to living like cavement instantly if the power grids were shut down, or some one gets a hold of computer mainframes and launches weapons. THe very same thing that gives us power and intelligence, will also be the cause of our extinction.

Radiation allowed life to spawn. Amino acids to combine with molecules and form life. Radiation can also damage cells if the balance in the atmosphere is off.

What the lord gives, the lord takes away.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
technology in general will be the cause of humanity's downfall. In a sense they have already taken over. I dont speak of robots ala terminator flicks, but technology in general. We can't survive without computers. We can go back to living like cavemen instantly if the power grids were shut down, or some one gets a hold of computer mainframes and launches weapons. THe very same thing that gives us power and intelligence, will also be the cause of our extinction.

Radiation allowed life to spawn. Amino acids to combine with molecules and form life. Radiation can also damage cells if the balance in the atmosphere is off.

What the lord gives, the lord takes away.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I've thought about AI a lot and I'm going far out here.

The thing is nano technology. There are theories about how far it can go and the fact is nanotech has an almost infinite ability. From viral nanotech to nano humans, anything could be possible.

The deal with nano humans is if the maker wanted to trick other people they could make it look exactly like a human. Not only could it look the same, it could bleed, blink, sweat, cough, fart, ect. It could have the exact functions of a human plus ability to shape shift. It could manipulate all the seperate nano bots (same size as an atom) to do its will.

When we see liquid terminator in T2 and 3, believe it, it could be a reality somwhere in the universe, which is another scary concept. What if it is? What if AI have already conquered a vast ammount of the universe? The spirits would be in chaos.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Robot made for greedy..
Far side of world,million children die from disease and war.
Countries which have future technology spend a lot resource to create their robot.

The people today work till they like robot,soon we would be robot and this is the end..

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
forget robots people . We already use robots for convenience. It's the Human 2.0 that is fascinating. An organic being...created by man. Grown organs, flesh, eyes...etc.. All from nano technology which is rapidly progressing.

We would never have to worry about starving either. Fields of potatoes can be grown from one potato. No seeds, just the creation of artificial atoms all manipulated and structured according to DNA and chromosomes.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mammoth
From a religious point of view, can you copy souls?

What do you mean by 'a soul'?

Is it the 'true you' -- an indefinable 'spiritual' essence that is more truly you than the flesh and blood? If there is such a thing, then it will probably be unique and unclonable. In fact, we may find that human cloning doesn't work, or spawns monsters -- animate, soulless facsimiles of Homo Sapiens without any real humanity in them at all.

As it happens, I don't believe in souls, so I don't imagine this will happen.

Or is 'a soul' simply another word for consciousness? If so, then the cloned being would have a different soul, because its life-experience would be different from the original's. Consciousness being informed by memory, the clone's consciousness would differ accordingly. It would be a separate soul.

Identical twins are clones, but I haven't heard of anyone claiming they share a soul. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if someone had, but that someone would be a nut.

Anyway, you can't clone a soul.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
What the scary part of Artificial Intelligence is, is when these robots become self aware.

When they can learn how to learn; how to manipulate man, to ensure their own survival and existence.

It's starting to sound a little too Sci-Fi, no? But interesting topic, nonetheless.

Mechanic 32.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Originally posted by Mammoth
From a religious point of view, can you copy souls?

What do you mean by 'a soul'?

Is it the 'true you' -- an indefinable 'spiritual' essence that is more truly you than the flesh and blood? If there is such a thing, then it will probably be unique and unclonable. In fact, we may find that human cloning doesn't work, or spawns monsters -- animate, soulless facsimiles of Homo Sapiens without any real humanity in them at all.

As it happens, I don't believe in souls, so I don't imagine this will happen.

Or is 'a soul' simply another word for consciousness? If so, then the cloned being would have a different soul, because its life-experience would be different from the original's. Consciousness being informed by memory, the clone's consciousness would differ accordingly. It would be a separate soul.

Identical twins are clones, but I haven't heard of anyone claiming they share a soul. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if someone had, but that someone would be a nut.

Anyway, you can't clone a soul.

Yes, if the brain can be grown, then a soul should come with it. Separate consciousness. Separate from the original. the "carbon copy" is it's own being. Just like twins. Perhaps ESP or telepathy will become more consistent in the future.

[edit on 7/13/2006 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join