It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli war costing U.S. millions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
From Reuter's News Agency -- Israel's strike on a power plant in the Gaza Strip could end up costing the United States

Israeli strike on Gaza power plant will cost U.S.

JERUSALEM (Reuters) -
Israel's bombing of Gaza's main power plant could end up costing its closest ally, the U.S. government, because it partially insured the project for up to $48 million, officials involved in the project said on Saturday.

U.S. officials would not say whether Washington would ask Israel for reimbursement.

Read more...

Personally, I don't see why we involve ourselves so much in the affairs of other countries, particularly Israel. Nothing the U.S. does seems to help "stablize" the region, whether its free weapons to the Israelis or power plants for the Palestinians, and because of it, we're losing millions and millions of dollars on this. The United States has its own problems at home. It might just be me, but I feel as though instead of exporting belligerence abroad, the U.S. should spend more money funding research here at home for alternative fuel sources to reduce our involvement in Middle Eastern affairs and providing better educational resources for our own people. That's just me, though.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
U.S. officials would not say whether Washington would ask Israel for reimbursement.

Lets not hold our breath for too long expecting that to happen. If they did ask, you know it will be a flat out No in response. The best part is going to be when parts begin coming in. I wonder what port and border they will use to get it into Palestine with. These Palestinians are in a high security prison and the prison guards are sadists.

join