It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

um why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
ok i love this site and everything but how come all the writing looks so small? i can barely read it lol?

i do hope the writing doesnt get anysmaller or im afraid i need to get out the magnifying glass

oh a quick question while im here is there a way to change the colour of the site from grey in the user center? like on tinwiki you can change the format of the pages you r seeing. i just find grey a little dull lol

still i love this site

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Looks the same to me. Did you recently change your screen resolution or browser text size?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
nope not changed anything, i came on earlier and all the writing on the main page is really small, next to the name of the forum is the letters [RSS]
very strange lol, all other sites i have been to are fine.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh the Home page...yes SO redesigned it and made everything a little smaller.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
hmm time to hunt out my glasses i think lol, hope they dont make it smaller than it is though cos my eyesight is bad enough

cheers for the help

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
No Problem ronishia, any time....

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Looks totally the same to me, font size wise that is
Of course, I change Firefox to make it easier on my eyes.....

I know some, if not all, browsers allow you to change the font size. Which browser are you using?
Maybe we can point you in the right direction to enlarge the font on your computer

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
im using I.E this is the only site i have a proble looking at lol.

ah it ok il live with it lol, iv just dusted the glasses of to wear shhhh dont tell noone i not been using them

thats why i asked about if there was a way to change the page in the user center like they do on tinwiki.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I know some, if not all, browsers allow you to change the font size.

Adjusting text/font sizes only works if the size has been set using html tags. [i.e. <font size=?>]. If it is being set/controlled by CSS [cascading stylesheet] there will be no visible change, as is the case with ATS.

By using CSS for size, layout and format the creator is afforded near pixel-perfect positioning and control, regardless of monitor resolution or browser settings.

Hope this helps.

$.02

ronishia,
How many times do I have to remind you about wearing your glasses while reading.
J/K

[edit on 7/1/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

ronishia,
How many times do I have to remind you about wearing your glasses while reading.
J/K

lmao its funny though i need my glasses to watch t.v and when i go out but im not ment to wear them when i read or am on comp
but im wearing em now its amazing how clear everything becomes maybe now i can stop makin them damn typo's

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
How come he made everything tiny? It was okay before wasn't it
And whats with the -rss- next to each topic?

(I may as well post here rather than create a new topic)

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
With eyes as big as yours I can't believe you are having trouble seeing anything!

Springer...

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
With eyes as big as yours I can't believe you are having trouble seeing anything!

Springer...

Lmao

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I like it now that the hot topic box does not cut off the bottom of the thread titles. Thanks SO for making the change. I like it a lot.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
im using I.E this is the only site i have a proble looking at lol.

FWIW, I would try to download Firefox. The font size on ATS is much bigger than the size on IE. I dusted off and opened IE jusst now and it is small, but on FireFox, it's a pleasant-to-the eye font.

Nothing says you cannot have more than one browser on your computer

www.mozilla.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I like the new look.
Much cleaner and sweet flow !

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I thought I was going nuts.

It's far too small; I had to employ the 'increase text size' feature of firefox that I didn't even know was there till this got me paranoid about going blind.

Seriously though, it's far too small.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs

It's far too small; I had to employ the 'increase text size' feature of firefox that I didn't even know was there till this got me paranoid about going blind.

Seriously though, it's far too small.

But seriously fixable, kegs.
Go to Tools, go to Options, go to Content.
At the bottom of that screen you will see Fonts & Sizes.

And you can change the type and size. Set the size to a higher number and the default will be a large font size. At the risk of sounding almost-blind, I set my default at 17.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
A slight refinemnet should improve things for most people, which preserving the new compact design.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You mean you dont all have to wear glasses in order to see the computer? It's just a haze to me without my reading glasses on.

It doesnt matter if the writting gets tinier, i will just get higher power glasses!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join