It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check if NSA warrantless surveillance is looking at your IP traffic

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If your landing in Dallas your in the spot light .... I have another funny story
about my two Dell Laptops from Round Rock being serviced by a business
out of Dallas that also does stadium sound and stage work.

I'd much rather share my recent Holiday story about shooting pool with a few
x military communication wizards who tried to teach me about the incoming and outgoing nodes on there phone lines. Sometimes there is a glitch that makes it sound as if your blowing bubbles underwater .... meaning there's a definite problem or drop in the line.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Came across this thread by accident so I decided to perform a "tracert" on nsa.gov. My results turned out to be a little scary for me as I am relatively new (2 months) to the forum and have only ever started a new thread once and maybe replied a couple of times to a few thrreads. Most of the time I am just absorbing the info so why the heck would they be monitoring me?

Is it possible that most of us are being monitored on a random basis or is it because I am a Canadian

I double checked and read the instructions carefully and sffca.ip.att.net falls directly below a non "att" address

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A GREAT thing you could do for everyone in this forum is to tell us how to block the IP from tracking us. If you write a guide (if it's possible) I would be very interested in it. Please PM me if you do.

Thank you

EDIT: Someone needs to install the melissa virus on the NSA's servers

Dear NSA, I know you can read this. And I don't care. So why don't you go a # yourself

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Has this been debunked, or anything? Just wondering,

Here is mine, if this is true..... Surely if true, no way in the world they would make it this easy to find them

Damn, I cannot post a picture to the post... But this can't be real. Guessing debunked long ago.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverSurrender

te-3-4.car1.Cleveland1.Level3.net [64.156.
ae-2-4.bar1.Cleveland1.Level3.net [4.69.13
ae-6-6.ebr1.Washington1.Level3.net [4.69.1
ae-91-91.csw4.Washington1.Level3.net [4.692]
ae-4-99.edge1.Washington3.Level3.net [4.68]
att-level3-oc192.Washington1.Level3.net [4.154]
tbr1.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.123.8.114]
r1.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.122.16.49]
ar1.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.123.8.65]

Cleveland1.Level3?
Washington1.Level3?
And there's the ATT... yay!?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

S&F Great find

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I found this comment interesting from 3 years ago...

It's called the CALEA project. It is not unique to AT&T. It also does not involve layer 3 devices that will show up in a traceroute, although the particular host mentioned might be adjacent to equipment that the AT&T whistleblower knows about. Also, they are or soon will be recording EVERYTHING for a given period of time whether they are 'watching' you or not, just in case they might want to in the future. See? The truth is actually MORE alarming. They have been doing this for close to two years now.

Found here: Source

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If you're trying to find out if the NSA is tracking your IP traffic, a trace route will not tell you anything. Only thing the trace route will tell you is what places your data traffic flows through to get to the IP provided. As a network guy I used the tracert command to see if my network was connected to the site that was providing us services. Let me give an example as best I can.

Service site: 192.168.1.1
My laptop: 192.168.1.6
Router to physical firewall bottom router: 192.168.1.5
Physical firewall bottom router: 192.168.1.4
Physical firewall top router: 192.168.1.3
Satellite sending/receiving from service site: 192.168.1.2

Now if I trace from the laptop to the service site it will ping all the stops long the way. If I am unable to get through one of the routers for whatever reason, it will time out and I will not be able to reach my destination ping.

If I tracert from 192.168.1.6 and get hits from .5 .4 but I timeout at .3, that means that my data is not routing out.

In laymen terms, I'm sending a letter with return services requested and it has to hit certain checkpoints. I send a letter from San Diego asking New York to send a response. The letter goes from SD to Phoenix. Phoenix checks it, knows the route to the next point which is Dallas and sends it off. Dallas receives it and knows to send it to Nashville and sends it off. Nashville gets the letter but doesn't know where to send it. So it kicks it back to sender. Now, if Nashville knew to send it to Philadelphia en route to New York, it would send it off. Now, Philly receives the letter and knows it's addressed to New York and where to send it, so off it goes. New York receives the letter, gets the message for return services and sends their letter to Philly. Philly knows it's going to Nashville, who in turn sends it to Dallas. Dallas sends it to Phoenix and Phoenix passes it on to San Diego. San Diego has received the returned correspondence with marks saying it hit these cities at this time and was passed on.

Hopefully that makes sense. I guess if anything, you would know what ip's your ip travels through to get to it's destination. But it wont tell you much more. I don't know what this "magic string" is. Sounds more like a wild speculation to me. If the NSA was watching your IP traffic, I'm pretty sure they would not allow themselves to be pinged by a simple trace route.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

edit on 2-15-12 by reaxi0n because: nevermind, echo cleared it up for me

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join