It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

visual of moon position and 2004 XP14

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Can some one provide me with a construction or farely accurate visual simmulation of exactly were the moon will be when the 2004 XP14 is flying by on the 3rd of July?

And also, where may I retreive such visual data from the internet?

Openman

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
From here

XP-14
Date: 2006 07 03
RA: 03 h 22.94 m
Dec: +06 deg 22.5'

Starry Night Pro says that the Moon will be...

Date: 2006 07 03
RA: 12 h 42.019 m
Dec: -06 deg 2.588'

So, in other words, nowhere near each other. Hope that that helps.

[edit on 7/1/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yes, that helps.

So I just wanted to see what all that would look like in an animated simulation.
My curiosity got me into constructing my own version of the solar system in 3D Max.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
That would be totally awesome. If you want a starting block or something already done, you could purchase the Starry Night software (which kicks butt) or download Celestia (which is equally as awesome).

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
That would be totally awesome. If you want a starting block or something already done, you could purchase the Starry Night software (which kicks butt) or download Celestia (which is equally as awesome).

That is amazing, I had no idea. That shall be an enormous help.

For most of my life i been on the intuitive and creative side pattern recognition,
sort of like the shaman, or sage, or mystic, that might accompany einstein on
a mission to other worlds, because you can't always rely on hard data, and have, at times
let the old instincts ride it out. Now the tides turn at 37, and I found the place (several to honest),
to catch-up on all the hard facts and calculations. Amazing how easy it comes so many years later, after having your head swiming in turpentin and oil paint, and doing predictive animation based on pure creative intuition.

Astrology and Astronomy do certainly go hand in hand and I see them as integril parts of a greater whole. Because I think humans definately "felt" things before they started crunching numbers. And when you marry the two together?

Holy Crap! It is breath taking to say the least.

Openman

top topics

join