It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need serious computer help.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
For about two straight weeks my computer has started acting dumb.

I can't get into my hotmail inbox because it always gives me a cannot display page
I can't go into Yahoo! Games because the applet won't load.

I can't get into my Sprint homepage to check my invoice because it won't load

What is happening here? Can someone help me...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What internet connection you using?

Dial up? Broadband?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Sounds like either browser trouble or ISP problems. Just for starters make sure all DNS Name resolution stuff is ok. Check for a HOSTS file on your PC. (No Extention on that. If you find HOSTS.SAM, don't worry, it's just a sample file.) HOSTS will resolve DNS names for your PC instead of asking your ISP for resolution, and can lead to "No Page Found Errors" sometimes.

If it's your browser try cleaning it all out and checking the settings. BTW if you manually go to delete the contents of "TEMP" and/or "TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES" don't just open them up and delete the contents from a normal window. "Right Click" and "Explore" it. You'll find "Temp Internet Files" will Tree into multiple hidden folders full of stuff.

Try that for starters.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Download another browser, or get it from a Computer Magazine CD. See if that works, then you can better isolate the problems.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sounds like a possible internet security or firewall issue...

Go into IE and into system tools (right click on the IE icon and hit properties alternative)

Go into the security tab and hit medium. Then go into privacy and select medium

Then into Content and hit Clear SSL State.
Then go into Advanced and hit Restore Defaults.

If this fails then check your firewall, it should be set to medium security or "Standard" on McAfee

If all else fails, you have a bigger problem, we'll cross that bridge later though.

join