It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli cruise missiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I was reading several sources where israel is desperate to get ahold of crusie missile especially the American Thomahawk.

www.dawn.com...

TEL AVIV, May 23: Israel has speeded up efforts to develop long-range cruise missiles of a type that could be used should the Jewish state try to strike at Iran’s nuclear facilities, security sources said on Tuesday. Israel sent warplanes to destroy Iraq’s main atomic reactor at Osiraq in 1981 and has not ruled out similar action to prevent Iran from getting the bomb should US-led diplomatic pressure on Tehran fail.

The greater ranges to Iran’s nuclear facilities might make cruise missiles more practical than planes, but the United States has rebuffed past Israeli requests to buy them.

Israel would like to use long range cruise missiles to strike targets in Iran rather then risk using its aircraft to target the facilities or maybe even use both together to take out more targets in one go.

Isn't it illegle to export missiles with range over 300km. And also isn't it illegle to export technology which you know could be used to carry nucleur warheads. Becuase America sanctioned a couple of chinese and i think russian companies for exporting missiles which could be converted to carry nucluer tech.

Right now Israel is reported to only have popeye turbo? cruise missiles which where modifyed for extended range and nucluer payload but i suspect any payload they could carry would be limited in size and they are reported to only have a range of

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
some people say that israel is actually a state of the usa, and that is why it is called state of israel.

would answer your stuff, and many other questions why israel does what ever it wants.

join