It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange plane at ammo dump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I was cruising Google Earth around my local area, in particular the Kingswood munitions dump southwest of Sydney and found what looks like a light aircraft in the trees. Why is it so bright and fake looking?? and whats the blue thing beside it?
Any ideas ?

FATMAN

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I think it is an airbourne plane. The sun is reflecting off of it.

Good find though.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
All the airbourne planes you find on GE have that blue or coloured twin beside it. I think its some problem with the image but I don't know what. Does anyone know why it is?

Beside that I dont see anything unusual about the plane and I dont think it is particularly bright or fake-looking.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I was thinking that it may be airbourne but there are few things to consider,
This is a restricted airspace over a military base.
I can't see a ground shadow and it does'nt look like a military plane.
Weird huh

FATMAN

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Maybe the pilot got lost? The plane might not be there, it could be a glitch with Google Earth, it's a light military plane checking stuff out.

There are hundreds of possibilities of what it could be, I'm going with the military one, they wanted to check on the ammo dump, so took a slow, light plane up to survey it. A fast jet just wouldn't be practical.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The angle of the shadows the trees are casting would put the planes' shadow far down to (or past) the bottom of the pic. The left side of the tail is in shadow which is consistent with the tree shadows.

I think the plane is real enough...a white paint job in such bright sunlight would make it stand out like that, imo.

The blue spot is interesting, but the first thing I thought of was a water hole. not sure about that, though.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It could be a Forestry Service type plane. They fly all over, and if they put a military person in with them they could get permission to fly into certain restricted airspaces. They do fire watches with Cessna type planes. This looks like a C-172 or something similar.

new topics

top topics

join