Lord of The Rings : Return Of The King

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I dont think there is anyone else more excited about this film as me. I hope they include the last parts of the book about the shire, i just cant wait
Who else is looking forward to this film ?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
i am moderatly looking forward to it yes....

im interested on how the cgi.. or puppetry will look for shelob...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarface
I dont think there is anyone else more excited about this film as me. I hope they include the last parts of the book about the shire, i just cant wait
Who else is looking forward to this film ?

Hell Yeah I wanna see it!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yeah I want to see it, I'm too lazy too read the books. Only one I read was The Hobbit.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
i bet they have NOTHING about the shire and the hobbits like it is at the end of the third book.

i bet they'll stretch out the action scenes and leave the rather boring shire crap as a secret little nugget for tolkien fans to have for themselves. (although i think that it should be included)

they already hacked some parts from the way they were in the books or flat out omited some things so i doubt return of the king will be any exception.

i think the movie will do well but i think like all other movies it is tweeked and changed to attrach a larger audience and audiences LOVE action scenes even if they arent completely accurate reflections from the book versions.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
No... I'm guessing the end will be covered.

Among the most important scenes in the books is Sam's goodby with Frodo and his closing line when he comes home. If handled with 1/2 the sensitivity that Peter handled the rest of the movie, it has the potential to be one of the most tear-jerking happy/sad movie endings of all time.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
im looking forward to this film more than matrix 3 someone told me the ending and its rather boring. Lotr3 is going to be best one by far hopefully

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
They have to cover the ending, other wise you never figure out that Gandalf is an elf.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I look forward to the drinking scene they added simply because the movie is made by a Kiwi...in NZ...it includes a drinking game, to which Gimli explains the rules to Legolas, something like: "The object of the game is to drink as much ale/mead as you can...the last one standing wins!" Legolas wins by the way, though Gimli a close second...though passes out and falls backwards off his chair...to which Legolas (who is still completely sober) quips "So...game over then?"

...hehehe...being a Kiwi, and being from a city where a buttload of the filming/extras/editting is happening means you know a whole heap of people who are in the movie or in the production crew...my flatmate for instance is a featured extra, has been in all 3, and gives us little updates on how things are going/various scenes/plot points etc...

Definitely looking forward to it...though over the years have been told much of whats gonna happen and been shown much of the props/sfx anyway

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
ill say it as simple as i can. The Return of the King is going to be the best movie ever! i heard that there is going to be 200,000 computer generated badgyus at the battle of Minas Tirith. thats going to be awsome!

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Probably going to make you guys very upset now...but i get to see the movie 3 days before the rest of the world does..and before the worldpress can see it too...

SWEET!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubaman
Probably going to make you guys very upset now...but i get to see the movie 3 days before the rest of the world does..and before the worldpress can see it too...

SWEET!!!!!!

...won't make me upset...and I ain't gonna tell ya why...but some people in a small corner of the world will see it well before the '3 days before the rest of the world'...

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

Originally posted by scubaman

SWEET!!!!!!

...won't make me upset...and I ain't gonna tell ya why...but some people in a small corner of the world will see it well before the '3 days before the rest of the world'...

i think he has ya beat there

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Among the most important scenes in the books is Sam's goodby with Frodo and his closing line when he comes home. If handled with 1/2 the sensitivity that Peter handled the rest of the movie, it has the potential to be one of the most tear-jerking happy/sad movie endings of all time.

Ah, yes. I cry every time I read The Grey Havens.

I spent 5 days in line for the first one, having a good time with other Tolkien fans and getting funny looks and questions from people walking past us on the streets. "what are you doiing here?" "are you homeless people?"

Well, anyway... I said good bye to the movies and all the # they have brought with them in early 2002. I didn't see the second one and i'm not going to see the third one. And they better not try this with The Hobbit, or worse, The Silmarillion (would be stupid to even try).

top topics

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 84 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP8 - Season Finale!

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def