It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Painting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Here is an oil painting I did. The canvas is around 3 ft high. I tried to get a good quality photo of it but I did not succeed
However I will post it up anyways.
Its called 'In loving memory'

The link I was using before isn't working so here is the URl cause I can't upload it either.. . . .

click here

[Edited on 113131p://555 by earthtone]

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
if you dont mind me asking what were your feelings at the time...

i used to be quite into painting, but ive not done any art for years now.. i used to take art courses.. i sorta lost interest though...

maybe i should paint and draw again..

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
if you dont mind me asking what were your feelings at the time...

i used to be quite into painting, but ive not done any art for years now.. i used to take art courses.. i sorta lost interest though...

maybe i should paint and draw again..

I dunno, I guess I was just thinking about death, and what happens after dying. I mean people spend their whole lives just buying possesions and 'stuff' but when we die we leave this Earth with nothing. We even leave our body behind and it will eventually decay into nothing. I guess I'm trying to say that people should be concerned with other things than just accumulating 'stuff' throughout their lives because in the end it's all worthless. I do think you should get into art, it's such a brilliant thing. you can express yourself as much or as little as you want with art, it's all up to you. I love it

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
i kinda like it. has a touch of robert williams quality to it i like.

starts off distinctive and neat looking at the top and then becomes vague and almsot bloody and messy at the bottom, seems almost frantic. shows some dark deep emotion was definitely used in this one.

show some more

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
wow that's awesome.
Really intense.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think this part would make a good avatar if you wanted.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I like it. Do you paint in gusto or whatever that italian word is for thick paint(ing)? It has an odd bevel effect and I'm not sure if its the quality of the photo or the painting itself. Hmmm I'm going post an abstract painting I did of a pair of siscors in college. hd on...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yeh well some of the oil paint is about an inch thick on there so it does stick out alot. I used knives to make distinct lines with the thick oil smears. I also used acrylics, charcoal, ink, crayons, dirt and pens to make it look extremely textured in different ways. Thanks for the feedback guys.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I think this part would make a good avatar if you wanted.

Thats really cool! how did you make it? I would love to be able to make my own avatar. please tell. . . . .

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
That little man on the cross, is he Jesus.
Other than that, id pay a couple of hundred for it, I gots school to pay for aswell, so sorry.lol
Deep

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I just ued the paint program that is on Windows. I just cut that piece out and put it onto a blank project. If you need anything else done just ask.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
That little man on the cross, is he Jesus.
Other than that, id pay a couple of hundred for it, I gots school to pay for aswell, so sorry.lol
Deep

No there is no real referance to Jesus. Thats cool that you'd pay that much for it!! I'm broke, how about I sell it to you. the postage charge would probably be alot.

I just ued the paint program that is on Windows. I just cut that piece out and put it onto a blank project. If you need anything else done just ask.

Thanks alot man!

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 03:07 AM
link   
whoa...thats some wicked skill ya got there...

No shyte man, I'm not just saying that to be nice...I like it, dunno why, but it makes me look it again and again...something about the intensity of it just rocks!

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
whoa...thats some wicked skill ya got there...

No shyte man, I'm not just saying that to be nice...I like it, dunno why, but it makes me look it again and again...something about the intensity of it just rocks!

Thanks alot Alien! Really appreciate the positive feedback! This is one of my favourites outta the work I've done. probably the least wierd too. I do more intense stuff.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Are you going to post that painting that you want me to make into a avatar?

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Earth,
Im broke too, lol.
But if I did have money Id buy it off you, I think its insane.
You gotta lot of talent thier, I think you should keep that painting around though, who knows maybe one day it will be worth 300 thousand, lol, you never knew bro.
Deep

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That would be amazing Zero. Selling a painting for that much money! It must be great being an artist.

Originally posted by jetsetter
Are you going to post that painting that you want me to make into a avatar?

oh # yeh! It's not a new painting, it's this thing I made but I can seem to get it to work as an avatar. here it is...

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's not working.....ah # it. Dont worry, thanks anyways jetsetter

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here you go man

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Adelayed response of thank you jesetter. You'll have to explain how to get it like that to me one day dude!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join