It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Free Will a Curse?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The possibility that we can act according to our own free will and and not God's Divine Force Will creates an Infinite room of error for ourselves as we are not Divine. Humbly reduce your distance from God each day, and share in the Infinite Love that is He.

What is better than to be highly thought of by the Most High, the Infinitely Great God?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Humbly reduce your distance from God each day, and share in the Infinite Love that is He.

Please explain what you mean by this...I'm not sure what you are saying and I want to understand.

What is better than to be highly thought of by the Most High, the Infinitely Great God?

To realize that no man is highly thought of by the MOST HIGH.

That's the prize--the humiliation, the worm, the prostration, the crucifixion, the death, the shame...

The purging is the prize and the cleansing scours off the outer man and makes it clear just how miraculous that which we call GRACE really is!!!!

To strive toward God's approval is to strive in vain.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Reduce the distance between yourself and God to you (in Spiritual mathematics, this is zero so that you are completely aligned with God's will), so that you are together and in complete unity with God. Only then can be you part of the greater good that God accomplishes continuously. Become closer to God each day. God can work through you for his Infinite Glory.

Distance yourself from Satan and his empty promises and earthly desires. Make yourself infinite miles from Satan.

Reject Satan.

Rebuke Satan.

Castigate Satan.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Oh, okay. I see what you are saying--although why I didn't get in the first place, I don't know!

Thanks for explaining! I agree, too, BTW.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If free will exists (???), I choose God's Will as the Infinitely Great God is Omniscient, Omnipotent, and Infinite Love.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
take a look at it like this...

would it be fair if God did not give us freewill?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Yes, it would be fair. We owe God our lives and everything!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah
take a look at it like this...

would it be fair if God did not give us freewill?

Not at all~not to Him or us...

Yet, it wouldn't be fair of Him to let us go our own way indefinitely, given what we learn from the very first biblical episode.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I disagree queenannie38. It is God's Heaven and Universe and nobody else's. Always perform the act that God commands you!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
but think of this....

would praise and worship have the same value if God made you do it or would it be better if God gave you the choice?

if we have no choice to make the mistakes, then there is no learning, there is no experience, there is really no life.

a robot can only keep my attention for so long, but my kid will always be there to listen, learn, and share the experience.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

but think of this....

would praise and worship have the same value if God made you do it or would it be better if God gave you the choice?

if we have no choice to make the mistakes, then there is no learning, there is no experience, there is really no life.

a robot can only keep my attention for so long, but my kid will always be there to listen, learn, and share the experience.

EXACTLY!

And true praise and authentic appreciation of grace and mercy come only AFTER one suffers 'in the flesh.' And I mean truly 'suffer.'

Good points you make! After living 696 years, I guess it makes sense that you would make sense, Methusaleh!

Did you see they found your 'kid's' boat (the other kid, Noah)?
Just kidding--I like your user name and had to rib you about it...

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

but think of this....

Yes! You hit the nail on the head!! It means nothing if you did not choose to follow the will of G-d. If we are unable to choose then we are unable to grow.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
kokoro, you don't mean that only beings that can grow have better lives than those who cannot. The Infinitely Great God can grow if He so chooses; He can do anything He wants, and He has the Best Life. The Infinitely Great God would still have the best life even if He chose not to grow.

The key to life is to follow God's Will and to accept it. God's Will always triumphs over "free will."

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
To 'not grow' is to 'die.' That's evident in all of nature, of which we are a part of and of which God is the architect.

The ultimate act of free will is surrenduring one's will....that is the ultimate desire of the soul...unity with God.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
queenannie38, how do you define "grow" and "not grow"?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

queenannie38, how do you define "grow" and "not grow"?

To 'grow' is to 'increase.'

To 'not grow' is to 'stagnate'. And that is death.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

kokoro, you don't mean that only beings that can grow have better lives than those who cannot. The Infinitely Great God can grow if He so chooses; He can do anything He wants, and He has the Best Life. The Infinitely Great God would still have the best life even if He chose not to grow.

The key to life is to follow God's Will and to accept it. God's Will always triumphs over "free will."

Actually I was referring to spiritual growth. Also, growth of any kind is an attribute of G-ds creation, not G-d himself. He does not change, he doesnt need to..

Yes your puropose is to follow G-ds will, however, that doesnt have anything to do with having a better life. In no way does following the will of G-d guarantee you certain things in life. It has to do with recognizing that he gave you life and abiding by his commandments. By doing this you grow spiritually and begin to understand your place in all things.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Free will doesn't mean anything to me if we get punished for making the wrong "Choice." God did not give us total and complete free will in the first place - we are not as intelligent as God, we can't fly or use any sort of super power, we can't shoot lazers out of our eyes, yet for some reason, God decided that it would be better to risk losing us to the fires of Hell rather than to just make it easier for us to believe. In this one aspect, God decided to give us complete and utter free-will. Then it would seem he hid himself from us! A mother doesn't let her child play with a loaded gun. Why? Because the child might shoot himself. The mother knows that she knows better than the child, just as God knows that he knows better than us. The mom isn't enslaving the child and taking away his free will, she's just looking out for his safety. Why? Because the mother loves the child. Why does God give us this loaded gun? God could easily appear to each one of us, stand before us, and literally give us a choice whether or not to worship him. Why doesn't he? I guess I just don't understand why God plays hide and seek games with our eternal soul.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
God does not play hide and seek games with our souls. God has complete command of our souls. If we humbly accept God's Will, there is nothing, within God's commanded limit, that we cannot accomplish.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
To 'not grow' is to 'die.' That's evident in all of nature, of which we are a part of and of which God is the architect.

Whatever happened to halt? There is positive, negative and zero.

Originally posted by queenannie38
The ultimate act of free will is surrenduring one's will....that is the ultimate desire of the soul...unity with God.

As the ultimate act of love is surrendering one's money. It's avident in all of Christianity's history, present and future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join