It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The broad mind and open heart of the Chinese people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Chinese people have repatriated over one million Japanese citizens who were held in Northeast China after the Second World War. According to the Geneva Convention, prisoners of war may be used to serve their captor's country. However, China repatriated Japanese at the expense of financial, material and human resources.

During the war, in 1940, the Chinese National Army rescued a Japanese girl from the battlefield. For security reasons, General Nie Rongzhen of the Eighth Division of the National Army decided to send the girl back to Japan. Even in their own telling of Manchurian history, the Japanese have conceded that Chinese people didn't take revenge on them after the war. On the contrary, Chinese people sympathized with the Japanese and tried to protect and help them.

Late Chinese Premier Zhou Enlai once said, "We [China and Japan] have co-existed peacefully for the past 2000 years." Indeed, most of the time, China and Japan learn from each other and live peacefully. After China began the process of reform and opening up, Japanese experts came to China to assist with construction.

But the war 60 years ago has left Chinese people with bad memories and a lot of resentment. It is not hard to understand why people's memories from that time are still so fresh. Japanese who witnessed this period in history also understand why the memories linger. The repatriation of Japanese people after the war made some former POWs determined to return to China at a later stage.

China repatriated Japanese after World War II. China commemorates those days because they don't want people to forget that period in history. China should remember and be responsible for that period of history. China must not shirk its responsibilities in improving bilateral relations. This year, a survey of the Japanese Foreign Affairs sector showed that 80 percent of Japanese hope to improve Sino-Japanese relations.

China and Japan are influential countries in Asia as well as in the world. China should value peace and improve mutual understanding to promote common prosperity. This should be the consensus of the two peoples.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
thats a very positive message

i hope thats how things turn out

good news for once (i hope its true)

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Yeh that is true, China was once the most advanced, powerful, richest.etc country in the world. For 600 years or so under the I CHING or I think that was it, law. It prospered. Then some evil cult spread throughout the country, burning books, destroying things, you know all the stuff evil does. Then skip ahead it was seperated into provinces, then after ww2, the communist take over, I think china is have a bad 2000 years... But if China can ride itself of all its evil, the chinese have super amount of potential, they can become the leading nation on earth. Of course thats all going to come at a price, if that day does come. Oh well back to the slave labor camp meh.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

Oct

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
ccp always lies, so never believe the evilest thing in the universe.

Last month Amnesty International published a report branding the Chinese communist party (CCP) as the "most irresponsible" in the world because it exported dangerous weapons to Burma, Nepal, Sudan, and the Great Lakes region in Africa. Having such weapons has intensified the tensions and conflicts in these regions and directly resulted in an increase in humanitarian disasters.

www.theepochtimes.com...

top topics

join