It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops Accused Of Killing Iraq Family

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Some Americans are so hipocrats or ignorant when it comes to what their Gop is doing in front of their eyes with their tax dollars. Sometimes I don't know who is worst, An American that believes its GOP, and support the killing of inocents civilians with their tax dollars. Or a Suicede bomber that buys in to the wicked rethoric of a radical religious sect.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoKito
Sometimes I don't know who is worst, An American that believes its GOP, and support the killing of inocents civilians with their tax dollars.

Well, when you find someone who supports "the killing of inocents civilians with their tax dollars", let me know. I'd be interested. Otherwise, don't malign people with such statements, please.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Souljah, why don't you knock it off with your hatred? It sounds like you find pure pleasure when something bad happens to America. Pointing out other instances of wrongdoing is one thing, but statements like "I guess Rape and Massacres are on the GI's schedule of things to do in Iraq before he comes home." are a bit over the top.

Well how does it look like to you?

That it was an "Accident" yet again?

That it was an "Intelligence Glitch"?

That it was a meaningless "Collateral Damage"?

Rape, Kill and Burn - especially MUSLIMS, who do belive, that if you burn the body soul will Not go to Heaven - is ALL OKEY to you?

In my book that is a Crime - in yours it is not.

But ofcourse, when it comes to several Innocent Detainees, who are being Held withuot any Evidence or Proof in Secret Gulags around the world, then you are all for keeping them in prison, torturing them, taking away their basic human rights, even if they are not being found Guilty of Anything yet.

But when you see evidence of terrible wrongdoing of US soldiers, you just turn your head away and start labeling people with labels like "You Hate US".

Yeah - really grown-up way of thinking you have.

OH, what happened to those US marines responsible for Hadith massacre?

Remember those?

Or have you already forgotten, when celebrating the "Death of Super-Terrorist" Abu-MOSSAD-Al-Zarqawi of the Al-CIA-DUH?

Well don't you worry - I bet that this is not the end of War Crimes against Humanity performed by the US troops in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
You cannot intelligently discuss an issue, Souljah. You can only resort to statements such as "I guess Rape and Massacres are on the GI's schedule of things to do in Iraq before he comes home." , which are nothing more than hateful products of an unformed, uneducated opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
You cannot intelligently discuss an issue, Souljah. You can only resort to statements such as "I guess Rape and Massacres are on the GI's schedule of things to do in Iraq before he comes home." , which are nothing more than hateful products of an unformed, uneducated opinion.

Why is that?

According to the Reports these GI's actally PLANNED this.

So, how is that NOT a War-crime in Your eyes?

If you look at it that way, that they PLANNED this, then they must have to fit this "Little" Violation of many Laws in their Tight Schedule, right?

If you PLAN something then you also must have a Schedule, correct?

And if Military will conduct a "Proper" Investigation then we all know what the Outcome is going to be...

One Word:

HADITHA.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
the reason that this isnt really an issue with the AMERIKAN public is the typical...it didn't happen to ME, so i don't see how it really concerns ME.....(same goes with the illegal spying on us). kids are joining the military just so they can go to iraq..why?? so they can get a chance to kill another human being..
unless this 'incident' is all a lie..it is pretty clear that the the United States Army soldiers sat done and THOUGHT about what they were gunna do....probably even made an OP Order:
1. task situation
a.enemy
b.friendly
c.attachments/detachments
2. mission
who,what,where,when, and WHY
task and purpose
3. execution
a. concept of operation
b.task to maneuver units
c.tasks to support units
d.coordinating instructions
4.service support
5.command and signal

and some place in there the United States Army soldiers thought the rape, murder and burning would be an appropriate mission objective. i wonder if it would make a difference if the iraqs killed were soldiers.........................

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouljahSo, how is that NOT a War-crime in Your eyes?

Who said it wasn't a crime, Souljah? You did, not me. Stop with the fabrications.

If you look at it that way, that they PLANNED this, then they must have to fit this "Little" Violation of many Laws in their Tight Schedule, right?

They may have fit this into their schedule. What you are trying to do is to paint the entire American military the same way. And you are wrong.

And if Military will conduct a "Proper" Investigation then we all know what the Outcome is going to be...

One Word:

HADITHA.

And if/when these men are found guilty, are you willing to come back here and apologize, and admit you were wrong?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoKito
.... Sometimes I don't know who is worst, An American that believes its GOP, and support the killing of inocents civilians with their tax dollars. Or a Suicede bomber that buys in to the wicked rethoric of a radical religious sect.

I feel sorry for you if you truely don't know which is worse. BTW, you forgot to throw in those nasty rapes and acts of torture our boys routinely perform. Don't be leaving things like that out, after all we spend a lot of the taxpayers money training our young men to do those things.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
if a car isnt stopping when told to, then it must be shot, its a matter of soldier safety.
you dont know what those people did to get themselves shot.
you were not there
and unless you were, dont speak about the incident you know nothing about

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I've yet to see any convincing evidence of their wrongdoings. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and until a forthcoming trial, that will be my stance.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
just because 5 soldiers had to be idiots and go rape and kill a woman and her family does not mean every single soldier and marine in iraq are like that, i hate the fact that the stupid mistakes that the certain few do blows up in the face of every soldier there, i mean come on already, why dont people see that all the troops arent like that.like i said earlier its those certain few who had to be idiots, and when they get caught itnot only makes the army look bad, but it makes us as americans look bad as well, because im sure the iraqis see these guys who do these crimes as the people who represent america thus making all of us look bad, so yeah this war sucks, but when these groups of soldiers do things like that, it not only makes the war suck even more, it makes things worse in iraq, and here at home because as soon as something like that hits the news ALL the protestors against the war come out of the woodwork and start using these crimes as an excuse to protest the war

[edit on 2-7-2006 by blackhumvee113]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
I've yet to see any convincing evidence of their wrongdoings. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and until a forthcoming trial, that will be my stance.

Do you feel the same way about the Arabs held in gitmo or abu grab or is there a double standard at work here? Just askin.....

[edit on 2-7-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If they planned it; punish them accordingly. If not then not another accusation. But I guess they are guilty until proven innocent, as is becoming common assumption in cases such as this around this site.

Souljah. One guy admitted to it, fine. Lets get the trial on and punish him. No one else has been charged, let alone convicted yet(though conventional wisdom would tell us there are more than one involved here). Until then, punish the admitted killer.

Though here in the states recently we have seen the admitted killer of Jessica Lunsford(Jessica's Law, look it up) testimony and own admission to the killing thrown out of court for one moronic reason or another so who knows.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Do you feel the same way about the Arabs held in gitmo or abu grab or is there a double standard at work here? Just askin.....

[edit on 2-7-2006 by whaaa]

I do Whaaa, because I'm not American. I don't think it's fair to hold someone without any evidence, because that isn't the way justice works. To be honest, I hope that those soldiers get a fair trial, and I hope one day that the U.S. get rid of those prisons where folk are imprisoned with no evidence. The soldiers are innocent until proven guilty, same with the prisinors in Cuba, but they don't have the benefit of a lawyer nevermind a trial.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Alright first off I am a Soldier in Iraq at this moment, and seeing people post # like this about us pisses me off more then you could ever know! I work with Iraqis on a daily basis, and the majority of them love us! I am a medic over here, and let me tell you another thing we save alot of there lives on a daily Basis, the reason they need to be saved because people either from another country or there own people decide to blow themselves up or set off other explosives. The Iraqis don't want us to leave, because we do keep them safe. Yes there is a small percentage of soldiers who do things that are horrible and I can tell you that everytime soldiers hear about things like this over here we are disgusted and pissed off because not only are they hurting the people we are here to help they are hurting the war effort back home by making us look bad, and making us look like we aren't doing our job, when in fact we are doing our job and doing a damn fine job of it. The great majority of Soldiers perform there duties over here with honor. Iraq is becomming a safer place and we see it everyday. Also let it be known the the Iraq you see is not the Iraq that exsists, and you can blame the media for this. Iraq is not nearly as bad as the media portrays it to be. If the media were to show any of the good news going on here you might change your mind about the war over here. but nooo. we are the bad guys to media and they say we shouldn't be here... when in fact being here is the right thing to do, and always has been!

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Joining this discussion seems kind of like walking willingly into a mine field, but...

One rule I personally live by is not to get into a fight based upon a lie. If I must fight, I'd rather do so with the belief that truth and justice are on my side. I believe that when one enters a fight based upon a lie, one's moral standards are already lowered and tend to go down from there.

It's a NO WIN situation for EVERYONE involved in Iraq. Our involvement started out as such and continues as such. I don't believe that victory and/or peace can be achieved based upon a lie.

His peace - His truth.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Is it painful for you and your fellow comrades in the U.S. army to be tarred with the same brush, and thought to be guilty of killing families and stuff? Is this guilt by association?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Is it painful for you and your fellow comrades in the U.S. army to be tarred with the same brush, and thought to be guilty of killing families and stuff? Is this guilt by association?

Tell me how would you feel if someone you have never met or been associated with killed someone and all of a sudden people started cursing you out, calling you a murder, calling you a piece of # ect.? I joined the Army to serve my country which is more then half of you ever did. I risk my life on a daily basis so you can sleep in your beds everynight. I volenteered so you wouldn't be forced to fight. This is the thanks I get and other soldiers like I get?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by denveralex
Tell me how would you feel if someone you have never met or been associated with killed someone and all of a sudden people started cursing you out, calling you a murder, calling you a piece of # ect.? I joined the Army to serve my country which is more then half of you ever did. I risk my life on a daily basis so you can sleep in your beds everynight. I volenteered so you wouldn't be forced to fight. This is the thanks I get and other soldiers like I get?

Chill man, there are a great many others that get the point. No need to go on the offensive here. Any person that serves their country with honor has my respect. These few POS should not and does not dishonor your service.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
whoever doesnt support their own troops is supporting the New York times which in my opinion means you support terrorism

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join