It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man United, Microchips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I was explaining to my wife a few weeks ago about how companies in us are microchipping there staff and how this will soon be accepted into everyday english life for security and tracking.

Today she showed me an artical in a newpaper about Manchester United football club microchipping there players.

Link
The Sun may not exactly be the best example of this article

MAN Utd stars may be fitted with MICROCHIPS — so boss Sir Alex Ferguson can map their movements on the field.

But the players are outraged because they fear Fergie will monitor where they go OFF the pitch — including shopping sprees and wild parties at clubs.

Club coaches have already seen a demo of the system. And the idea has been discussed with players including Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney. Many objected straight away.

RFID chips are old news here on ATS but I would assume a very large magority of people here in the UK really do not have any idea about what this really means.

Manchester United is one of the biggest supported football clubs (in the world?), many avid supporters. This would be a great place for the 'higher powers' to start getting the RFID message accross.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It looks as though one of the Liverpool players has already had it done with some dodgy side effects.

www.youtube.com...

Seriously though, if Man Utd. do this it will be huge, the papers will be all over it like a rash and kids will be DEMANDING to have these implants like they're the latest new toy. Not good and hugely irresponsible considering that football clubs are extremely aware of the impact their players and actions have on kids and trends.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bramski
Seriously though, if Man Utd. do this it will be huge, the papers will be all over it like a rash and kids will be DEMANDING to have these implants like they're the latest new toy. Not good and hugely irresponsible considering that football clubs are extremely aware of the impact their players and actions have on kids and trends.

You took the words out of my mouth much better then I could have typed them

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Ok, why do they need to be in the skin. What's wrong with in a stud of their boots, a wrist band or in their shirts. I remember seeing chips used in a game of rugby i think it was in the last world cup, it showed where each player was at any given moment on the pitch, which is what they say they want it for, and i believe it was implanted in the players boot ( i may be wrong but it sure wasn't anywhere inside them )

I see absolutely no reason to have thee implanted in them, if their sole use is to track on pitch movement.

new topics

top topics

join