It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this is what we know of, imagine....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I might be nieve, in a childhood sense of wonder, but i came across this clip here :

www.youtube.com...

and it got me to thinking, If this animal is well known, can you imagine the ones that are not? I mean, i'm sorry - that is freakin' amazing . If you do even a quick little research on these animals, the hole goes so much deeper. And they say we have not even begun to discover what lies in the true depths of the ocean. to me this is proof that we havent even scratched the surface on whats in our oceans, forests and even, dare i say it - up up there...

we're still babes in the woods.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Something about that just seems fabricated to me. Doesn't look real. Who knows though.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Amazing! I knew they had camouflage, but that blew me away!

The fact that it wasn't even in deep water is astounding, just think of what creatures are lurking at ankle-biter depth, let alone the deep.

Great find!

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I assure you that video is not faked. Just goes to show you how amazing these things are, immediately nowadays your brain wants to reach for the "CGI" card.

I have seen many different clips of the same type of thing, these creatures are amazing. The term octopuses garden, made famous by the beatles is a real thing, they are extremely creative, and tend private "gardens" they can also squish themselves and escape out of the tiniest little hole. I saw a program once where they had one in a tank in a room with other marine life, and some of it kept going missing, so they set up a camera and found that it was escaping through a tiny little tube, going into the other tanks, having a feast, and climbing back in again.

and to think someone right now is dipping a tentacle in mayonaise.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Something about that just seems fabricated to me.

Its absolutely real. The second have is a 'rewind' of the first though.

Truth is stranger than fiction, as they say.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
and besides being really cool, they are also contender for top of the food chain...

check out this video of one hunting and capturing a 4 foot shark...

video.google.com...

scary.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
mimic octopus. I saw a show on them once. they're frighteningly cool

pharyngula.org...

www.sciencenews.org...
marinebio.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tasteslikethunder

I assure you that video is not faked. Just goes to show you how amazing these things are, immediately nowadays your brain wants to reach for the "CGI" card.

I hear that! Gets really annoying.

But in all seriousness, I have found another example of a creature with such cunning and well thought out camo that it almost doesn't exist,

Watch and be amazed

You wont be sorry, I assure you that.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
those things are crazy man. I've hunted them. they don't taste very good and having them stuffed and mounted is a bad idea. I did that with the last one I caught and then I came home one day to find a homeless dude had moved in.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The worst part is shooting one and having to clean out all those foam peanuts. it's just not worth it, I mean there just isnt enough meat on them for the effort. I must say though, there is not to many things you can butcher with a box cutter, always a plus.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I came home one day to find a homeless dude had moved in.

Thanks man, I nearly wet myself reading that!

And you think you guys had problems? I came home and one had shat all over the carpet, chewed the rug and ran off with my GF.

Buggers, that's what they are.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by Zanzibar]

[edit on 30-6-2006 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
and now, to stear slightly back on topic..

addressing an earlier comment i made about how people can eat such a cool crazy creature...

s58.photobucket.com...

check this out. poor little fellas. what is it in our nature that makes us need to eat absolutely everything?

I can just see the recipe books coming out for sasquatch lasagne.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think humans eat everything simply because we can, were the top of the food chain, and over use that power.

Eating an octupus, in my opinion, isn't right because they're so intelligent, almost like aquatic humans.

Oh, and sorry about the box man, couldn't resist it!

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Those octupus videos are amazing! And that boz creature! Woah! That was a scary thing. I think eating them like that is a bit harsh, but thats forgieners for ya.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
"Something about that just seems fabricated to me. Doesn't look real. Who knows though."

It's real for sure i remember seeing an article about this a while back apparently some breeds of octpi have amazing camo abilities.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Damn us humans are so boring. Why couldnt we have wings, or camo or a big ass light on our butts. Not fair that those things get all the cool DNA activated. What I would give for a pair of night vision eyes.....well maybe itll happen who knows.

PS: forget about the big ass light on our butts, after re-reading i was thinking my GF would freak.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
"Damn us humans are so boring. Why couldnt we have wings, or camo or a big ass light on our butts. Not fair that those things get all the cool DNA activated. What I would give for a pair of night vision eyes.....well maybe itll happen who knows."

We need not natural defenses and weapons we can just creat almost anything we need because we were blessed with the best nature has to offer. We were blessed by getting the largest most advanced intellegence on the globe. We were givin the best brains and tools we ever needed. We do not need night vision eyes we have glasses and lenses that aloow us to see in the dark. We need not lights in our asses because we can create brighter lights then nature could have ever imagined. Why do we need wings when we can venture into space and fly faster with our technology then any animal.

Humans truly are the most intellegent species on the globe and we also dominate it.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I have to do disagree with us being the most intelligent, if we find a problem, we just make something destructive to get around it.

There are many species on this planet that are more ''intelligent'' than us.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I dont think we are the smartest things on this planet either.....
after all we made the scale of who is smartest and who is not,
why would we not put oursleves at the top ? Ignorance is bliss...

Well......
IF you think about it.

IF...we had lights, wings or night vision built in, would we ever search out
a way to do it ?

If we had lights there would be no need for electricity.
If we had wings there would be no need for cars, planes or helicopters or
anyform of transpertation.
IF we had night vision, we would not need lights.

Things in nature are still 1000 times more efficient then what we can
build or manufacture.

DNA is the technology of nature, if we could harness it to give of all of these features
out of the womb, there would be no need to destroy countless natural resources.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
well you see right there, there it is. we don't "need" electricity. we have the technology to harness things like the sun to run our vehicles and flying machines and "night goggles" but our leaders wont back it because that would be like putting a mouse trap in the pockets of the oil and gas industry - which i'm sure you all know is the real leader of the world. And we essentially, being that we are in a so called democracy, let it happen.

12 dollars to get into a movie. 15 dollars for popcorn and pop. sitting through 20 minutes of car and gum commercials before you can see a movie you just payed 30 dollars for...priceless.

I certainly dont see how we are the "top" of anything. the sad/hopefull part is we have great potential to be so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join