It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Reptilian theme DVD coming in August

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Just a little backstory, I'm a film critic, so I receive copies of DVDs several months before they are available in stores.

Recently I received a copy of Anonymous Rex, a DVD version of the made for the SciFI Channel (Sky in UK) film. It's based on the Eric Garcia "Rex" series of novels, and I think some of you will find many of the premises interesting.

• The central theme of the plot is that not all of the dinosaurs were killed in the cataclysmic asteriod strike. A group of theme have survived until the present day.
  • The film states that "1 in every 10,000" people is actually a dino
  • The dinos wear "solid hologram" suit as disguises, noting that the technology is "fifty years ahead of the apes (humans)"
  • The narrator makes it a point to mention that the dinos try to get jobs that "put them in positions of power"
  • The Dinos greet each other by sniffing the backs of each other's necks, where the pheremones are released
  • The film's two main characters are Private Investigators, who's main job is hunting down humans who have learned their secret and killing them.
  • The "bad guys" of the story are a group of dinos who want to rebel against the humans, and the main character finds himself agreeing with some of their points
  • The central theme seems to be that "good dinos" want to remain in hiding, but the film depicts a governing council of dinos that do state that the time will come when they reveal themselves to the humans and retake the planet.

I found a handful of posts about the film when it first aired on SciFi, but nothing too in depth.

Any thoughts on this? It certainly is at least influenced by many of the reptilian theories that are going around (Icke, etc). It's entirely possible the author was familiar with Icke, but chose to twist his writings to make the reptiles the good guys.

I'd love to hear others' thoughts. The DVD will hit stores and video rental chains in August.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Straight to DVD huh, no theatrical release?

"Entertainment" films like that always make me wonder.

What's your opinion, is it worth a rental?

The premise kinda reminds me of the "V" mini-series/movie back in the 80s.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
No, films that are shown on TV first rarely get a theatrical release. Decent flick, for what it's worth, nothing groundbreaking by any means, but you probably won't want to turn it off or anything. Had a couple of big names like Faye Dunaway, Daniel Baldwin, and Isaac Hayes.

I was most shocked by the way that they murder humans who find out their secrets was just kinda glossed over and not given much mention.

CX

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Many people firmly believe that what we see on our screens is actually a "get the public used to it" plan. Makes you wonder sometimes does'nt it?

CX.

new topics

top topics

join