It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a pissed off kid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I really don't understand why we don't just support our president and our government!! We elected him twice because.... he is a good president. Incase you guys did forget we are living in very trying times that call for very hard decisions to be made by Bush. I am positive that you people are all just wasting your time crying and complaining about things that none of you will ever change!!! What pisses me off the most is the useless liberals who constantly bash the war effort"we need to set a time table to pull our troops out of a war we cant win" WE CANT WIN BECAUSE OF THE CHAINS THAT YOU ALL PUT ON OUR TROOPS
Why does it matter if Joe over at the New York Times believes in the war? Why does it matter if a stoned out college kid supports the war? Why does it matter if any of you support the war that you will never have to fight in????? I just volunteered to joined the Army with a Special Forces contract and cant wait to do my part in preserving our freedoms. I am willing to die for the freedoms of all the citizens of this country and especially for the ones that appreciate that. Every time someone says lets pull out of Iraq it is a slap in the face of every member of the military who by the way didn't volunteer to go to Iraq,yet goes because that's what they are called upon to do. Now I'm just a teenager that had some thoughts I needed to express.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 18XRay
I just volunteered to joined the Army with a Special Forces contract and cant wait to do my part in preserving our freedoms.

Are they sticking 'Army volunteers' straight into the special forces, these days, then?

I am willing to die for the freedoms of all the citizens of this country and especially for the ones that appreciate that. Every time someone says lets pull out of Iraq it is a slap in the face of every member of the military who by the way didn't volunteer to go to Iraq,yet goes because that's what they are called upon to do. Now I'm just a teenager that had some thoughts I needed to express.

If you go out there, and get killed, it will be for nothing. Save yourself, Kid. Unvolunteer. You have no idea what you are doing, or getting yourself into.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I fully understand the fact that I may die...perhaps you are familiar with the saying "A man that is not willing to die for something is not fit to live" I live by that and If I do die I wont be alone!!!! I didn't say that war is fun or that I cant wait to be in my first firefight, all I said is I don't understand why civilians cant just leave the military alone and let them get the job done. new special forces contract (18x) came out right after 9/11 and is working quite proficiently.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

new special forces contract (18x) came out right after 9/11

I stand corrected.

I fully understand the fact that I may die...perhaps you are familiar with the saying "A man that is not willing to die for something is not fit to live" I live by that and If I do die I wont be alone!!!! I didn't say that war is fun or that I cant wait to be in my first firefight, all I said is I don't understand why civilians cant just leave the military alone and let them get the job done.

Why should civilians leave the Military to 'get the job done' if they don't agree with the job? If you want to go out there, and you think it's for a good cause, then that's your prerogative, I guess. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
If you go out there, and get killed, it will be for nothing. Save yourself, Kid. Unvolunteer. You have no idea what you are doing, or getting yourself into.

C'mon, why lob a statement like this. It appears 18XRay is soon to be a member of the U.S. military, congratulations are in order.

Mortality rates in Iraq are not exceptionally high to be honest, and NOT everybody that joins the military is sent to Iraq.

This is a big pdf file showing mortality data for 2004:
www.cdc.gov... which shows 816 deaths in the US per 100,000 population....

hmmmmm, 150,000 servicemen/women in Iraq.....816x1.5=1224

take 1224x3years in Iraq, in a COMBAT SITUATION and you get 3,672. That appears to be in keeping with the mortality rate in the United States as a whole, hmmmmm. It is not an extremely high number of deaths for the population of military that is there. Granted the numbers are skewed somewhat due to various factors, in particular age, however, it remains a small number of deaths in any case.

18XRay, I for one support the President, the United States Armed Services, and am quick to thank them for their service to our country.

Good Luck to you.

p.s. My Grandfather taught me... "don't believe everything your read"
Keep this in mind while you surf around ATS my friend.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
C'mon, why lob a statement like this. It appears 18XRay is soon to be a member of the U.S. military, congratulations are in order.

Oh, I'm sorry, where are my manners?

Mortality rates in Iraq are not exceptionally high to be honest, and NOT everybody that joins the military is sent to Iraq.

This is a big pdf file showing mortality data for 2004:
www.cdc.gov... which shows 816 deaths in the US per 100,000 population....

hmmmmm, 150,000 servicemen/women in Iraq.....816x1.5=1224

Who said anything about Iraq? I didn't. I think the only one who mentioned Iraq, was you.

take 1224x3years in Iraq, in a COMBAT SITUATION and you get 3,672. That appears to be in keeping with the mortality rate in the United States as a whole, hmmmmm. It is not an extremely high number of deaths for the population of military that is there. Granted the numbers are skewed somewhat due to various factors, in particular age, however, it remains a small number of deaths in any case.

Ah well if it's a small number of deaths, then that's alright then. Don't worry about the suverely injured, and incapacitated.

p.s. My Grandfather taught me... "don't believe everything your read"
Keep this in mind while you surf around ATS my friend.

Indeed. This also applies for everything you are told, too. Keep that in mind.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the support smoke and thank you for the congrats. I didn't want to start an argument just ask a question. say a civilian doesn't agree with the war, ok....they openly bash the war and why, The war will be fought regardless if you don't believe in it because it is a necessity. I know nobody wants to here this and keep it a secret! we are fighting a holy war against Islamic extremist! If we pull out of Iraq it isn't going to go away, Hows that for a conspiracy? And just like a democrat you answered my question by giving me my question.
Me-why does it matter what the civilians think?
Burgers response-Why should civilians leave the Military to 'get the job done' if they don't agree with the job?

If they don't agree with the job what good does that do? The war isn't going to end because of you guys. This isn't Vietnam, the repercussions of us pulling out early would be much more sever than that. The US government sees that that's why no matter what you guys say we are going to stay the course.
Thanks again smoke

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Sorry Xray18, but before I even read that you had signed up for the military I very much got the impression that you are a victim of not knowing what you are talking about, not having any worldly experience, not having a clue what is really happening in the world.

I have to say this, if you go through with your military training, and they actually send you somewhere that you have to face a fire fight, you won't be coming back, either by enemy hands, or your own hand when you realize you joined based on not knowing anything.

Thats the gut feeling I've got man: you don't have the smarts to survive.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I really don't understand why we don't just support our president and our government!!

Because the current president does a poor job in getting the support of the public. The poor foreign policies, bad presentation on television debates, the snide comments caught on film, him being the DECIDOR, having STRATEGERY, not to mention being at war when people don't know why, oh yeah and 9/11 with the many unanswered questions, the forever struggle to fin OBL, etc etc etc. Do I need to continue?

I love my country to death, but hey, sometimes countries have bad leaders. they can't all be good.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

I have to say this, if you go through with your military training, and they actually send you somewhere that you have to face a fire fight, you won't be coming back, either by enemy hands, or your own hand when you realize you joined based on not knowing anything.

Thats the gut feeling I've got man: you don't have the smarts to survive.

Awesome man. great. I thought ATS was trying to steer people away from insults. Have you ever had military training? I bet you don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about either, so lay off the kid, and respect his free will.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
crap , An i thought hoaxes,kid post, an people still supporting the president were on a downfall.

id suggest before u start talking about supporting bush an such. read up more along the lines of this site. Bush has been behing alot more stuff that you know. An because of your "ignorance" to this im not gonna say anything more than browse the boards more.

civilians an military people alike dont "bash the war" we bash bush. all the men in my family includes uncles an cousins have been in a branch of the military. I support america an its troops...but not bush.

an all this crap about holy war is bull also. stop listening to what the news is saying. they put there own purspective on everything.
All this war an media fighting. is just another way to keep people scared leaving push looking like the hero.

do you really think all these bombing have only been going on for a couple years. NO, the middle east has been cutting each others heads of. bombing the crap out each others for decades. but only now america is knowing about it.

but if you choose to, go an join the army an go to iraq or afghanistan. an un-experienced an gung ho. all because of what the media tell you

[edit on 30-6-2006 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I just volunteered to joined the Army with a Special Forces contract

?

You can't join directly into the Special Forces. What unit?
I thought you said you were a kid?

I don't understand why civilians cant just leave the military alone and let them get the job done.

In case you didn't new, the military serves the civilians.

new special forces contract (18x) came out right after 9/11 and is working quite proficiently.

What in the world are you talking about? You can't join straight into the green berets.

dalairthegreat
An i thought hoaxes,kid post,

Er, not for nothing, but who are you to talk about kids that are hoaxing????

[edit on 30-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I fully support the UK troops and their allies, what I am against is an illegal war. I'm not blaming the troops for this war, they're just doing their job and a damn good one at that They make me proud to be British but it's the puppet masters that piss me off.

I wish you the best of luck out there, take care.
£.02

[edit on 30-6-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
When I had gone in for my enlistment at MEPS, here, the offices were clustered together, ie. Navy, Army, Marines... There were people with the aspirations of being in the Special Forces, but never did I hear anything about someone going straight into them. Who knows? I could be wrong, but I doubt that I am.

Anyway, if you truly are on your way, I wish you the best of luck. If you are not telling us the truth, I hope that you realize that you have in a small way just added another insult to the military that you are striving to defend. Either way, I wish you the best of luck.

I am still trying to figure out why it is that we can't support the troops (I have many friends there), if we don't support the war.
Alas, I don't want to turn this in to a debate, so I'm bowing out. Great luck, man!

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i'm all for military action, but i'm in it for all the wrong reasons.

bush is a complete (profanity deleted), but i'll support our military, always.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
also yea. special forces wouldnt take you anyway, no offence either.

for one there age limits. extreme training. as in physically,mentally an also have a great knowledge in army "book smarts.

but then again one day special forces will be a bunch of highschool drop outs with advance weapons, so u may just have a chance

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The war will be fought regardless if you don't believe in it because it is a necessity. I know nobody wants to here this and keep it a secret! we are fighting a holy war against Islamic extremist! If we pull out of Iraq it isn't going to go away, Hows that for a conspiracy?

I see, so you have enlisted to fight in a Holy Crusade against Islam? I understand. I would just like to point out to you that there was no Islamic extremism, or mass suicide bombings, in Iraq, untill we got there and stirred it up.

And just like a democrat you answered my question by giving me my question.
Me-why does it matter what the civilians think?

I am not a God damned Liberal, thank you very much. Black and white, black and white, that's all you people see. Why does it matter what Civilians think? How about because you are supposed to be representing us? What, you are superior? I think you should clamber down off your high horse, young man, before you have a nasty fall.

Burgers response-Why should civilians leave the Military to 'get the job done' if they don't agree with the job?

If they don't agree with the job what good does that do? The war isn't going to end because of you guys. This isn't Vietnam, the repercussions of us pulling out early would be much more sever than that. The US government sees that that's why no matter what you guys say we are going to stay the course.

Reconstituted Bush slogans? I see, well, what do you think 'the course' of a 'Holy War,' as you have described it, is? Do you have any idea what you're saying? The War was illegal in the first place anyway. Every single reason for going to Iraq and Afghanistan we have been given, in my opinion, has been proven as false. Pure Fiction, if you will. If you want to go off gallivanting about the Middle East, on a metal horse, chasing some mindless, fictitious, notion of Freedom, Democracy, and revenge, then that's up to you.

Communication_Burger
Good luck.

I either retract this wish, or add to it a sarcastic overtone.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Why do people try to act like they know me! I have planned on joining the military before 9/11 even happened that just secured the fact! THE MEDIA IS CRITICAL OF THE WAR and how can you say that we are not at war against Islamic extremists, when was the last time a christian hijacked acouple of planes and flew them into buildings full of completely innocent people. Have you seen the footage of the beheadings? I don't think that they are praying to my god! This is a war against islam and I would like proof that it isn't!

I turned 17 last month and enlisted with an 18x (special forces option) I will go to BCT, AIT, jump school, SFAS all in order, I want to hopefully be in the 7th SFG with my 2 uncles stationed at Ft.Bragg NC and search google or just take your head out of your ass before you call me a liar, perhaps i can give you my recruiters name and number and you can ask him!!, yep I took 2 seconds to search google and low and behold thousands of pages LOL. and by kid I meant that I was much younger than the majority of you. thanks for some of your intelligent responses and for the luck.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Burger along with others bring up the point about the war being illegal.
but think about it this way also.

...at the beggining we were looking for "WMDs". collen powell. (sp) an other inspectors went over there....all of a sudden no "WMDs" were found an powell disapeared. because push made him look so stupid he had to.

then we go an bombs iraq for no reason,why,because...we dont like saddam.

now think of it this way kid. what if i go to ur principal an say youve got a couple guns an a bag of weed in your locker. an your planning a "columbine" then the principal goes to you house. kill all your family, bombs your town, kills all ur friend an forces you into hidding. an brings u to a foreign country on trial. with noo evidence against you. besides you beat up a couple kids.

i dont think anybody would like that. let alone the principal telling the whole world your a bad person because of a couple lies

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
well have a good day fellas
well see if they take me in acouple of months...oh yeah i have a gpa of 3.6 and dont plan on dropping out any time soon!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join