It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Still Tagging Threads..........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I know the points are gone, but I still tag.
I want a comprehensive tag search to be availabe to all members of ATS, and it's only by our input that this will become a viable search feature.

Tag away my friends, it will help us all in the long run......................

EDIT: Spelling....

[edit on 30/6/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
There you go, this threads been tagged in record speed

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I am tagging to.......points is'nt the issue SEARCHABILITY is IMHO.....so you not alone anxiety. We are fighting the good fight and making ATS more searchable for all who come after us.......

I gave you a littel council applause for keeping up the good work

[edit on 30-6-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
i was wondering why my points weren't increasing.

i still tag, from time to time. it depends on my mood, i suppose.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Getting no points for tagging is like getting no points for creating or contributing to a thread.

Bring back the tagging points!

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I never really did it for points in the first place, I did it so ATS' threads would be easily searchable for myself and everybody else.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'm with you on this one. Having been a member here for a little over a year, I can't even begin to tell you the number of times I've been foiled by the old search system, made a post, only to be told later that another post was made on the same subject, along with a link. I love the idea of tagging threads with useful, searchable tags, to make thread searches easier for everyone. I myself try to tag a thread with a useful tag (and even before the points were eliminated, I'd refrain from tagging a thread, if the tag I wanted to use was already there).

Please keep tagging threads with useful keywords. That's what I had always pictured tagging to be for. It makes me happy to know that there are people that use the system properly, with or without the point rewards, to make searching easier for everyone.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I still tag new threads but I don't bother with the older ones any more.

I don't know why S.O. wont put the tag search on the search page or at least a link to the tags on the search page.

It would be a very convenient feature to have.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
AceOfBase,

I believe that the answer to your question (and Mods, please correct me if I'm wrong) is because the tagging system to date, while used properly by some members, was largely misused, and tags were often posted just to get points, and were often either unrelated to the thread in question, or simply a commentary on the thread (such as the tag at the bottom of this very thread that states "why bother tagging at all?").

With member tagging practices like these going on, it means that SO has the added resonsibility of going through all tagged threads and weeding out the bad tags. Unfortunately, having seen the tags added to many threads on here (started both before and after the tagging process was put into effect), the tags are largely useless for search functions. I'd be willing to bet that of the thousands upon thousands of tags entered on various ATS threads, the actual, serachable tags probably only account for, at most, 10% of them.

Once again, mods, please correct me if I'm wrong - especially you, SO, as you're the poor soul that has to deal with all this nonsense.

[EDIT: spelling]

[edit on 6/30/2006 by obsidian468]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DodgeG1
Getting no points for tagging is like getting no points for creating or contributing to a thread.

Then don't do it.

The VERY LEAST we can do is continue to contribute to ATS (by tagging) to make it better. Not for selfish reasons, but to in some tiny, measley way attempt to give back to ATS what it gives to us every day. (Well... to those of us who are here everyday... )

Do your very best to place well-thought-out, meaningful, appropriate tags whenever you think of it. It's the least we can do!

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

I gave you a littel council applause for keeping up the good work

I always appreciate an applause.

I notice that most of the members that replied to this thread actually understand the purpose of tagging.
It's for us, all of us.
It helps us find what we are looking for in the ever expanding ATS Universe.

I figure if I spend the time to read a thread, the least I can do is spend a few seconds to add a tag at the bottom.

Cheers Folks
Keep Tagging
anx...............

EDIT: Bookmark the tag search page and use it.............
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30/6/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
In my opinion, points are worthless, I come to ATS for the community and the discussions, so I'll actually start tagging now, didn't really do it before.

Because, without ATS, are we even whole? No. And try not to argue that point.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by Zanzibar]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
me?

Still tagging after all these years.

and Zanzibar..PINTs are not worthless, ask any Brit..j/k

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

and Zanzibar..PINTs are not worthless, ask any Brit..j/k

Oh, all rip the piss out of me! Is that how it's going to be now then?!

Wait, no-one is, what the hell am I talking about?

Mere PINTS are worthless, gallons arn't, much more bang for your buck, and, I am a Brit, and PROUD!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join