It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movement to Impeach Bush and Cheney

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Constitution Summer
Constitution Summer represents an emerging coalition of students and young people dedicated to defending the ideals of the Constitution and its Bill of Rights and to checking arbitrary abuses of power and authority, starting with a moderated, legitimate, mainstream, nonpartisan campaign to impeach President George W. Bush, Vice President Richard B. Cheney, and their administration.

Constitution Summer's is basing its call for the impeachment of the President and Vice President on four key crimes:

1) illegal domestic spying in violation of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and the 4th Amendment;
2) misleading the country into a war of aggression in Iraq based on fraudulent claims;
3) indefinite detention, extraordinary rendition, and torture;
4) abuse of executive authority and subversion of the Constitution.

A movement is starting across the country to impeach President Bush and Vice President Cheney. A group called Constitution Summer is starting this movement based on the "four key crimes" listed in the quote above. The first ballot initiative was recently passed by the city council in Berkeley, California to call for the impeachment of the President and Vice President. This allows the city's 74,000 residents to vote on whether the charges are enough to call for impeachment. They are going around the country to the law schools gathering support from college students and people in those communities. Their efforts have been documented by Fox News, CBS News, the San Francisco Chronicle, and the San Jose Mercury News.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think that the crimes Constitution Summer is charging the Pres. and V. Pres. are substantiated and are enough to call for their impeachment?

More links
KTVU Fox 2

FOXNews.com

Constitution Summer President Geoffrey King Discusses the Case for Impeachment on CBS 5 Eyewitness News

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Jenna,

Thank you very much for starting a conversation about our non-profit. We appreciate your attempt at creating a dialogue about these issues. Even if nobody has replied. We weren't aware that there was a discussion started about us on this website until one of our new myspace friends informed us. So we know at least people are looking at this and taking action.

I Would like to correspondent with the further. I was just wondering how you found Constitution Summer. Are you working with the organization currently? Did you come across a post on myspace? Are you a college student? Are you interested in working with Constitution Summer? Have you mentioned us else where? Where? Will you mention us else where?

If you belive in our message, Don't forget to sign up at the offical website:
www.constitutionsummer.org.../15"

It's important to get as many people signed up on our offical website, it will help us with funding. And funding is important because it's NOT cheap impeaching a President.

Thanks again,
Cheryl Aichele
Social Networking Director
[email protected]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I believe that there is Definately grounds to move for Impeachment.

After all What Clinton did Pales in comparison to the potential charges facing this current Administration.

Either way good find

Also, I am suprised that there has not been more of a response to this post.

Lastly, Has there been any update on this movement in the last couple weeks?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
You know, I'd kinda given up on this post. I just thought to check it and lo and behold someone actually responded! I was beginning to think that I was that kid on the playground that nobody wants to play with! :shk: I'm not sure if it's been updated or not, but I will definitely check and give an update here.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well.. The most current information I can find is from June 29th, which is when I originally posted this topic. I did find more information about what has been done to furthur the movement though.

California was the second state to introduce a impeachment proposal to it's legislature. And Impeachpac.org has a list of states, cities, political committees, etc. that have introduced or passed proposals to impeach. I will update here if I see anything else about it, though.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I am certainly for impeachment. I live in Boulder, Colorado and our neighbors (Nederland, CO) moved for impeachment last year! I noticed that they are on the list at Impeachpac.org. I hope that Boulder makes the move next!

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
While i'm all for it, it wont happen, imo. Lets not fool ourselves that it will. Regardless, he (Bush) will go down in history as a disgrace.

The one who comes after him (should there be one) will follow suit, be him/her Democrat or Republican. They're all the same and have the same agenda, they just want you to think differently. ARE WE STUPID? NO.

The gig is up and we know which foot they limp with. All of them.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I absolutely agree, no matter how many people want him impeached, I don't think they'll ever do it.

I at least want Bush to go down in history as the President that every one wanted to have impeached. I don't think that any other President has had this many articles of impeachment filed against him without being impeached.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I agree. I think it's a bit late in the game now to try to impeach him. But at the very least it will be in history that behavior such as what he has shown will lead to severe disapproval of the public.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well, I believe it depends on the outcome of the mid terms. If the Republicans maintain control everything will remain status quo. If the Democrats gain control, of the House at least, maybe they can initiate some investigations/proceedings.

It will definitely be interesting to see what Bush's legacy will be when all is said and done. Not the blog legacies but the encyclopedia kind.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's possible, but from the information I found there aren't really any democrats willing to bring the issue up to congress. I think that they are perhaps afraid of not being re-elected this fall. If that is the case, they may change their tune after the elections are over. I'll have to try and find that page again...

I didn't find what I was looking for but this is close.

ABC News: Dean: No Impeachment Plans for Bush
In an exclusive Sunday interview on This Week with George Stephanopoulos, Dean dismissed the idea that Democrats would seek to impeach President Bush if they won back control of Congress — a possibility floated by Republicans looking to galvanize their base.

Found it!

CNN.com : Pelosi has no plans for impeaching Bush
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-California) told colleagues and activists this week she would not pursue impeachment proceedings against President Bush should Democrats win control of the House in November.

This is from May the 12th. It's a little bit down the page next to the "Send your Comments" box. So, as of May 12th there aren't any formal plans to impeach him, but like I said earlier that may just be to prevent any democrats from losing their seats in congress.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by Jenna]

[edit on 16-7-2006 by Jenna]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You have to wonder though, Are the Dems just saying that they have no plans for Impeachment So that they try to get a few more Republican swing votes?

Not that it matters. Alot of us have been waking up to the reality that both parties suck from the corporate nipple. "All the world is a stage..." this is doubly applicable in politricks.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
Alot of us have been waking up to the reality that both parties suck from the corporate nipple.

Very true. My husband and I were talking about this last night and he brought up the point that really there aren't two seperate party's anymore. They are essentially one and the same, they just use different tactics to try and get votes. I think that if democrats are the majority in congress after the elections they may try to start impeachment proceedings, but really even if they do I highly doubt that they will actually get him out of office before the presidential elections in 2008.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I believe he should be impeached as soon as possible. He is more dangerous now than ever. He doesn't have to work for the votes anymore, he can do what he wants and history shows, no one will call him on his mistakes. So the next 2 or 3 years are bound to be far worse than before or present unless Democrats take an office.
He does need the Republicans in his corner though. Without them, he is nothing. They protect him. That is a major thing with this president, he needs their protection so he doesn't see an impeachment. Get the Republicans out of office, then maybe the Democrats can use some force. Democrats are lame right now until they can get some power back, until then they might as well sit back and do nothing. Bush will ruin the Republicans for 6 years and Democrats will be there to take back America.

Democrats say nothing, Republicans are damaging themselves without your help. Remain calm. Then impeach. Which, i doubt will happen.

top topics

join