It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sides with Al Qaeda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
remember after 9/11 the President said:

You are either with us or you are with the terrorists.

well, what is he going to go with United States Supreme Court after today.

the court sided with the terrorist and blasted the President for setting up fake trials.

www.cnn.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The Supreme Court decision should be ignored.

Congress will hopefully overturn this outrageous ruling.

The same people who got upset when we went into Iraq "to push our values on them", are happy that we are pushing our values on the prisoners?

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Oh, and how do you propose that that be done? The Court is responsible for interpreting the Constitution, which is the law of the land and overrides the authority of the president and Congress.

You do remember the Constitution, right, Carseller? Sometimes I wonder.

Congress has no such authority. It would require a Constitutional amendment, repealing the 4th and 5th and 8th amendments currently standing, and thus voiding many of our most important civil liberties protections.

The same people who got upset when we went into Iraq "to push our values on them", are happy that we are pushing our values on the prisoners?

Yeah, those poor prisoners, forced against their will to be entitled to due process of law and fair trials.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Two Steps Forward

for Carseller4

original quote by:Carseller4

Those same people that; for 200 years have fought and died; to uphold the Constitution. Not for some overzealous, power-hungry administration to disregard at the first sign of trouble. IMHO the biggest cowards in this nation is our govt. Why? because they are willing to sacrifice our most beloved document to secure our "safety". They are too afraid to sacrifice themselves in our Constitution's stead. As the most dominant power in the world it is even that much more important that we lead by example.
What good is our Constitution and law if we do not follow it in the most important of times? a time of war is that time.
BTW:you can read my sig on how I feel about sacrificing my liberty for safety.

original quote by:Carseller4

this statement is not an option; unless you value another form of govt. i.e. dictatorships and the like.. which I know after reading many of your posts Carseller, that you do not. You may be upset with the decision and that is fine. But in end the Administration will have to adhere to the decision. Can they appeal? Or is it finished?

thank you for your time

EDIT: ADDITION.
To the orginal title. I guess the SC is on the terrorists side; in the words of Bush anyway..lol

[edit on 11-7-2006 by TONE23]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Oh crap. Does that mean we'll have to stop torturing them now?

Damn Liberals!

new topics

top topics

join