It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backmasking in Stairway to Heaven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I heard about the backmasking in Stairway to Heaven, read what it apparently said so I checked it out myself. Downloaded the song, converted it into a .wav and reversed it using windows sound recorder.
I have to admit it was quite freaky to hear it for myself. The longest backmasked quote was something like this:
�Here�s to my sweet satan. The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is satan. He�ll give you 666, there was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad satan.

Members of Led Zepplin had been involved with the occult. There's motive.

Has anybody else tried this? Or think its authentic or a crock?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Personally I think it's rubbish.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation
I heard about the backmasking in Stairway to Heaven, read what it apparently said so I checked it out myself. Downloaded the song, converted it into a .wav and reversed it using windows sound recorder.
I have to admit it was quite freaky to hear it for myself. The longest backmasked quote was something like this:
�Here�s to my sweet satan. The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is satan. He�ll give you 666, there was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad satan.

Yes I have known about this and many other songs that are very similar....
Try this link....

www.reversespeech.com...

www.reversespeech.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Yes I have known about this and many other songs that are very similar....
Try this link....

www.reversespeech.com...

www.reversespeech.com...

~~~~~~+++~~~~~~~

All this prooves is the creation of a 'cottage industry'

by the recording engineers and the nefarious mind that
initiated this 'satanic' connection, as a ruse to hype sales & controversy in their product....subtile, ingenious, and very capitalistic. I tip my hat, Salute, the creator ...

a mere trick or two, at virtually no cost, or probably absolutely free...as the engineers were probably duped or challenged to rig-up a distorted, reversed tape feed-in, to 'see' if it would be detected and if 'found' would it still generate consumerism of the product?
The Ultimate success, would be a cult following and or a 'cottage industry' that would survive and grow....
?bought your Reverse Speech Tape Product, yet?

enjoy the journey....

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yeah, we did this # when I was 13, had my friends moms record player and an old vinyl of Stairway to heaven on a 45. We put the record player on neutral speed, and pushed it.......all I heard was satan a few times. It was pretty cool!

Incidentally, If you play twisted sister burn in hell, or was it were not gonna take it......it will say # like "obey your parents, go to church, stay in school, clean your room, ect. Im serious. Proof positive that this backwards # doesnt influence the human mind. How many bangers do you know cleaned thier room, obey your parents!

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You know what? In my band I blaspheme all the time, and I do it FORWARDS!
THE HORROR!

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Errghh,

Kinda funky, cause if you play it forwards it has all these references to parables and the bible.

I'm gonna go try it on Vinyl.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If you can, play "Another one bites the dust" by Queen backwards.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The music and entertainment industry is controlled by satanists.

Their chosen method of brainwashing.

Fortunately it does not work all that well on most people.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Even if it was intentional, I don't see how anyone could get the message when just listening to it. Those things were hard to decipher even when played in reverse. I know the brain is a powerful thing, but I find it hard to believe that you could subconciously listen to something forwards, turn the track around in your mind, and decipher what is being said.

Backmasking is different, that is intentionally putting another track in the background, but Stairway to Heaven was Reverse Speech, that uses the forward track to create the reverse track.

Anything that is truly intentional was put there to stir up controversy to sell records. The rest was simply found by people with too much time on their hands.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I remember there was this guy who played bush's speeches backwards and he could hear bush talking about 9-11... 3 months before the incident!

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Members of Led Zepplin had been involved with the occult.

One member, Jimmy Page. The others had no interest in the Occult whatsoever and Page always kept pretty quiet about his beliefs, even amongst the other band members. It wasn't something he liked talking about.

I think you'll find if you reverse a lot of songs you're gonna find something that sounds like "satan". I'd bet money, that if you looked, you could even find such messages on everything from Britney's latest CD to an old Bing Crosby LP.

According to this website (with sound samples) there are 6 other interpretations of what is said during 'Stairway To Heaven'.

www.undergroundnoize.com...//www.undergroundnoize.com/backmask.php%3Fpage%3D2

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
HeeHee, have you heard the rather obvious one at the end of a day in the life on Sgt Peppers. You can hear a couple of the Beatles saying "we'll # you like Superman"

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
i do remember a queen song clearly saying "its fun to smoke marijuana" when played backwards

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Sound Engineers are notorious pranksters (especially the ones at Disney)...

Play the video of Aladdin... During the Whole New World song (before they get on the carpet), turn the volume to max, and you'll hear, quite plainly, Robin Williams' voice saying "All good teenagers, take off your clothes!"

Video editors are likewise rather tricky, just watch the Lion King, and when Simba plops down on pride rock at night, as an adult, the dust flies up and spells out the word "Sex" briefly (I caught this the first time I watched it, hehe...it's that obvious..)

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I don't remember what song it was, but I think it was by queen. We put the record on the player, and pushed it backwards, and it said "it's fun smokin marijuana, it's fun smokin marijuana". I found it to be hilarios.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Zzub already told you the name of the Queen song that says "its fun to smoke marijuana".

Another one bites the dust!

The same song they used to play all the time at ballgames!

But, it is true, it is fun to smoke marijuana, so i dont see what the problem there is.......its not like its disinformation or anything....

NEO< you sound like those religous twerps my granny used to watch on TV claiming satanists were controling everything from the Music industry to toothpaste manufacture.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I concur, it is fun to smoke marijuana, and if more people did it, they'd be less concerned with what is actually on a record when played backwards. Come to think about it, we were probably chemically enhanced when we decided to play the damn record backwards.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I was VERY sober when I first started doing the backwards spin on vinyl. The chemical enhancement came later when recording what the record said backwards, attempting to play that backwards message via tape recorder seeking further messages and saultations from the dark lord himnself.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
"Chemically enhanced"... ROFLMAO!!! HAhahaha

Talk about politically correctness..

But I agree with the others. Take any song and reverse it. You should be able to make out something out of it.

top topics

join