It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Air Force Inventory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
That's right, we actually do have an Air Force. With real airplanes even!

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yes, the C-18 are beautiful.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
"Yes, the C-18 are beautiful."

They may be but they are out of date and I have heard this from a lot of pilots. They are no match for the new jsf fighter which could knock them out of the sky befor they even knew they were there. I will say this though is recently on TV I heard the RCAF say that in 10 years they will begin replacing our manned aircraft with unmanned. Let's face it half our military troop wise is ready for retirement in a few years. We will need to start compensating for this massive retirement of soldiers. Most of them are in their late 30's and early to mid 40's. Sure the experience gives us a little edge but we need a new army that is more equiped.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
At least its better than the french Air Foce

Anyway, if the Soviet Union did not infiltrate the respective aircraft manufacturer, we could be looking at the Avro Arrow

jra

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
They may be but they are out of date and I have heard this from a lot of pilots. They are no match for the new jsf fighter which could knock them out of the sky befor they even knew they were there.

Yes they are obviously out of date since they are A/B versions, but they are being upgraded to C/D equivalents.

Comparing it to the F-35 seems really odd though, in that the F-18 is an older generation, so obviously the F-35 would beat it in terms of tech

Originally posted by Paladin327
At least its better than the french Air Foce

How so? The Rafale is a pretty decent fighter.

Anyway, if the Soviet Union did not infiltrate the respective aircraft manufacturer, we could be looking at the Avro Arrow

I'm not sure if I read you correctly, but are you saying that the USSR infiltrated Avro Canada and was the reason why the program was cancelled? If so, I think you should go back and read some history about the program.

new topics

top topics

join