It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Democrats Made A Fatal Error?

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This article discusses how the democrats are playing a risky political game by attacking republicans on corruption issues, as the democrats are as equally guilty of corruption, if not more so than than the republicans. It goes on to talk about how some the actions of democrats and sympathetic bureaucrats go beyond corruption into the realm of treason. In the end he expresses confidence that the american people will see through the transparent political tactics of the democrats.

www.canadafreepress.com
Democrats have made a fatal error in building their campaign to regain political power on the foundation of a MoveOn.org mantra, "culture of corruption" accusing their political foes of wholesale institutional corruption. Had they said that Washington DC as a whole was a by-partisan culture of corruption, the American people might have agreed with Democrats for the first time in 16 years.

But trying to limit this label to Republican opponents alone has caused Democrats to stretch to validate their claim, often inventing stories where none exist or twisting real facts melded with false accusations to create just the appearance of impropriety. Meanwhile, it’s corrupt Democrats who keep surfacing and almost every assertion of Republican corruption has failed to materialize into reality. The few that have materialized, were already being investigated and prosecuted by a Republican led justice department.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The author doesnt speak directly to the impact of these political tactics on november elections, but I cant help visualizing the impact myself. Except for a few misfits, I believe that the voters will take this democratic schtick; hook, line and sinker. This will result in democrats taking control of both the house and senate. This is an analysis, not a wish.

The only satisfaction I will get is the entertainment value of watching the partisans defend their criminal of choice. My wish is that americans will wise up and throw all of the rascals out.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by df1]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think that this might have been the Dem's original plan, to use this in the fall, but things have changed considerably since they first echoed the phrase. William Jefferson, for example, will be thrown right back at them.

Ahh, for the good old days, when issues were debated instead of the mud.

df1

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Ahh, for the good old days, when issues were debated instead of the mud.

We are debating mud because both parties are filthy with mud. Until we have honesty and integrity in our leaders no credible debate over any other issues is possible.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
We are debating mud because both parties are filthy with mud. Until we have honesty and integrity in our leaders no credible debate over any other issues is possible.

I was referring to the politicians themselves; they don't have a good, sensible debate over issues anymore. After the initial campaign pledge to "run on the issues", they immediately resort to slinging mud at each other.

df1

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I was referring to the politicians themselves; they don't have a good, sensible debate over issues anymore. After the initial campaign pledge to "run on the issues", they immediately resort to slinging mud at each other.

What is the point of hearing theiving democrats debate theiving republicans? I see nothing to be gained by playing "pick your favorite liar". It is like giving a rape victim his/her choice of rapist.

top topics

join