It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Month meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sorry if someone has posted a thread on this already. I just watched a documentary about a 15 year old boy who meditated for 7 months without any food or drink. Also a camera was set up for 90 hours to watch non stop and this boy didnt move once in the 4 days the camera was watching. They played the camera at high speed and it was unbelievable. Supposedly he planned to do 6 years however has vanished. Some say deeper into the Nepal jungle to get away from the press etc.

How is this possible and what means of nutrition can this boy have considering he sat outside for this 7 months under a tree.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

[edit on 29-6-2006 by thesaint]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yes i just saw the same doc on the discovery channel ,

Id more like to know what happned to the boy did he reach "nirvana" and vanish into thin air?

Did he go deeper into the jungle to meditate in peace

...Or was he kidnapped??

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
How strange was that program.

I mean even if he was doing a David Blaine at night and sneaking off it was still a feat to sit there every day for 7 months without moving.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Already being discussed, as you suspected:
Teenage 'Buddha' goes missing

Please continue the discussion there.

For reference, his original appearance:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thank you

Had a feeling it would just could not find it.

Thanks for your help

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
you cant go that long w/out water it is just a physiological necessity...He could have gone possibly 2 weeks w/out water, and a couple months w/out food, and thats pushin the absolute limits of human capability

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Kriss that is incorrect. Even though from a scientific point of view the body needs certain nutriciants it doesn't mean that there are other ways to get them. I suggest you do a Google.com for the Fakir Prahlad Jani. He stayed in a hospital, under controlled conditions, for 10 days and showed that it is possible to live without food or drinks. Where science says you'd die after 5-6 days without water.

This boy meditated intensely for 6 months at first news coverage. IF he dissapeared at night then it would've been nothing special. In Budhistic monastaries people meditate 18 hours a day and sleep the other 6. However this boy seems to have done it 24 hours a day for all those months.

The next news coverage was that the boy sat there for 10 months before he dissapeared. The official reason for this is that the boy couldn't concentrate well enough, felt disturbed, due to all those pilgrims coming to visit him and made a mess of the surroundings with their garbage. Thus he went deeper into the woods. The unofficial records, most likely to be true, is that he was taken away by Maoists who have a history of doing such things before.

First News Coverage from the Telegraph
Second News Coverage from Timesonline
Second News Coverage from the Hindustan Times
Third and last News Coverage on CNN, but it seems to have been dissapeared for some reason since I posted this on another board on March the 13th

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
Kriss that is incorrect. Even though from a scientific point of view the body needs certain nutriciants it doesn't mean that there are other ways to get them. I suggest you do a Google.com for the Fakir Prahlad Jani. He stayed in a hospital, under controlled conditions, for 10 days and showed that it is possible to live without food or drinks. Where science says you'd die after 5-6 days without water.

This boy meditated intensely for 6 months at first news coverage. IF he dissapeared at night then it would've been nothing special. In Budhistic monastaries people meditate 18 hours a day and sleep the other 6. However this boy seems to have done it 24 hours a day for all those months.

The next news coverage was that the boy sat there for 10 months before he dissapeared. The official reason for this is that the boy couldn't concentrate well enough, felt disturbed, due to all those pilgrims coming to visit him and made a mess of the surroundings with their garbage. Thus he went deeper into the woods. The unofficial records, most likely to be true, is that he was taken away by Maoists who have a history of doing such things before.

First News Coverage from the Telegraph
Second News Coverage from Timesonline
Second News Coverage from the Hindustan Times
Third and last News Coverage on CNN, but it seems to have been dissapeared for some reason since I posted this on another board on March the 13th

c
You can live for weeks w/out water, like I said....BUT w/out exposure to extreme conditions. Most known cases of survival with water deprivation are dire circumstance..such as a desert or sea environment. In these dire circumstance, noone has survived w/out fluid source for more than 2 weeks. The dew from grass could sustain a human for an undetermined time..A healthy human could go without food for a good month and much more

I myself attempted a meditation for 2 days...It is soooooo difficult. I have such respect for these people, they are from a whole nother world...

You start off with attempting a "clear mind" for 30 seconds...a thought bubbles and you disolve it...work up to 20 minutes, now thats a feat...Your mind tries to trick you. You will actually HEAR someone call your name, or a phone ring...And after hours of clear thought you will see colors and hear music...Jumbled language....You will "trip out on your own brain chemicals" After 12 hours you go into a place larger than anywhere you have ever been...You feel your body is in an empty place, where walls are nowhere to be found, and your physical body is nonexistant....

I suppose anything is possible,...I cant imagine what happens to a physical body goes thru after weeks of meditation, insanity I suppose

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The mind is really powerful, when one is in a deep meditive state, the mind can overcome a body's need for water/food, etc. I know it's not exactly the same, but I can overcome tiredness through meditation, it's pretty simple. You just have to spend about thirty minutes imagining that you're sat somewhere calm, and that the energy around you in the "calm area" is being drawn into you.

Also, I remember watching something a while ago about an experiment in which people mentally "exercised" (as in, imagined themselves doing sit-ups, etc.) and within a month or so, their muscle mass increased without actually doing any physical exercise.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I go to retraits 4 times a year to meditate 10days in a row. You get used to it. But doing it for 6 months, now that is hard. Planning to go to an India monastary in 2-3 years for 6 months as well. But then it would be 16-18 hours meditation and the rest sleeping. Should be doable since it is the same as those 10 days in retreat.

People assume that meditation means having a clear mind or a quite mind without thoughts, but I can't stress how wrong this image of meditation truly is. Meditation is to become aware of all that happens within and outside of you, understand it fully and then let it all go. In due time you'll let the thoughts and sounds come to you and just as easily let them go. Just have a look at the Zazen and Vipassana meditations as well as the Japanese tea ceremonies.

Insanity is hardly what will come to you. Then again it isn't unlikely to occur seeing that it is very confrontational and everyone carries masks to hide themselves from themselves. So when those aspects rise up and you can't deal with it you could go insane indeed. However if you are a strong minded individual you'll go right through those barrieres and grow beyond belief in more then just that psychological aspect.

But there is a huge difference if you're meditating at home for 1-2 hours a day or do it for days in a row in a secluded surrounding. When doing it at home you can constantly be bothered and when you can't deal with the confrontation you will escape back into daily life with the excuse that you still have so many other chores still left to do. When secluded you can't run away from yourself and such and got no other choice but deal with it and GROW as an individual.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
I go to retraits 4 times a year to meditate 10days in a row. You get used to it. But doing it for 6 months, now that is hard. Planning to go to an India monastary in 2-3 years for 6 months as well. But then it would be 16-18 hours meditation and the rest sleeping. Should be doable since it is the same as those 10 days in retreat.

People assume that meditation means having a clear mind or a quite mind without thoughts, but I can't stress how wrong this image of meditation truly is. Meditation is to become aware of all that happens within and outside of you, understand it fully and then let it all go. In due time you'll let the thoughts and sounds come to you and just as easily let them go.

Insanity is hardly what will come to you. Then again it isn't unlikely to occur seeing that it is very confrontational and everyone carries masks to hide themselves from themselves. So when those aspects rise up and you can't deal with it you could go insane indeed. However if you are a strong minded individual you'll go right through those barrieres and grow beyond belief in more then just that psychological aspect.

Very well said indeed,, thanks for the insight

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yeh I remember this kid, I was the one who broke it on ATS (hence the link with me starting the thread). If there is really a soul, and things we try to find out about ourselves we put into much less meaningful terms. We get to imaginitive, he probally went to a higher plane of existence!!!

Of course if one meditates for so long, they would have access to intergalatic knowledge detabase, and he could sense the CCP coming to nap him up at any moment. Its like a 6th sense, we are all some how connected, and if someone intends to do harm, if you are aware enough you can see them before they come. Sorry for the bad grammer, my space key is sticking so idont want to type much.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Please discuss this here, Teenage 'Buddha' goes missing.

Thank you.

Closing.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This topic is already being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for your input, folks, and please feel free to continue such in that thread.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join