It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Found?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hi, Don't usually frequent the religious forums, but i figured this would be where to post this topic. Fogive me if I am wrong. Seems like an amazing find, if it truly is Noah's Ark. Check it out.

ABC News

June 29, 2006 — A team of Texas archaeologists believe they may have located the remains of Noah's Ark in Iran's Elburz mountain range.

"I can't imagine what it could be if it is not the Ark," said Arch Bonnema of the Bible Archaeology Search and Exploration (B.A.S.E) Institute, a Christian archeology organization dedicated to looking for biblical artifacts.

Implications? Theories? Discuss.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by rafermadness]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

"It is provocative to think that this could be the lost ark of Noah," Cornuke said

Throughout history, people have been searching for the Ark to help prove God's existence.

"There's this idea, if we can prove that the ark existed then we can prove that the story existed, and more importantly, we can prove that God existed," said Bruce Feiler, author of "Where God Was Born."

How's that for logic? Proving there was an ark will prove the existance of God.

I've seen thousands of paintings and books about knights & dragons. I can prove knights did exist, therefore dragons existed.

Works for me.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

From the article

The Bible also describes the Ark's dimensions as being 300 cubits by 50 cubits — about the size of a small aircraft carrier. The B.A.S.E. Institute's discovery is similar in size and scale.

From elsewhere in the article

"We got up to this object, nestled in the side of a hill," said Robert Cornuke, a member of the B.A.S.E. Institute. "We found something that has my heart skipping a beat."

So, you're telling me an object the size of "small aircraft carrier" was "nestled" on this moutain for how many thousands of years and no one saw it or realized "hey that looks like a giant ship up there"? I guess we need to take this with a grain of salt. It IS a Christian science team, not exactly an unbiased origin for discovery. Hopefully we can get more information about this before we get pelted with arguments about it as "evidence".

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Again? How many times has Noahs Ark been found now with it not being the Ark? This will turn out like the others as being somthing other than the Ark. Far too much money being spent to search for such things in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There is already a thread on this iranian ark.

Noah's Ark Found?

I guess it was a catchy title!

Apparently it is nothing more than rock.

new topics

top topics

join